Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Who? Richmond?
Yer you are probably right … if WC get baker next season he will drag them into top 4, which means a late first rounder… too risky.
Pick 12 this season 👍

Hmmm

He will drag west coast into a top 4 team?

Pick 12 this season

You are a tripper

Similar to the Melbourne Dan in the Jackson thread

Again, I Iike and rate Baker as a player, but all of this talk about pick 10 is pie in the sky stuff.

Reckon he's closer to 20 than 10.

I'm not changing my opinion and neither are the Richmond supporters, so better off just waiting to see what happens at the end of the year, otherwise we'll keep going around in circles for the next 5 months.

Last edited:
FMD cannot believe this obsession with valuing picks and the importance of difference between pick #12 or pick #13 in some peoples minds.

If a club chases a player for $850k+ (which is atleast what its going to take for him to move)
Clubs are not going to let a player they want to slide through their grasp and look like fools both to players and managers for not being able to get the deal done. They would be laughing stocks and influence future players taking them seriously

If its freo they will give up their best or next best 1st rounder
Supporters whinge but clubs get it done

I don’t see any Freo pick being top 4 so I don’t see why Freo should do anything but offer their worst first. That’s not some insulting offer and would be generous going off others on here.

Also, seems a player everyone knows is leaving even getting remarks from commentary so if it was Freo, should be first trade done of the trade period really

I don’t see any Freo pick being top 4 so I don’t see why Freo should do anything but offer their worst first. That’s not some insulting offer and would be generous going off others on here.

Also, seems a player everyone knows is leaving even getting remarks from commentary so if it was Freo, should be first trade done of the trade period really
OK lets get this done now and we can move on to bigger trades
You offered your worst, Richmond want your best and meet with the pick in the middle which is likely 1 up 1 down

Freo can then go on and select your Gryan Miers clone - Isaac Kako

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK lets get this done now and we can move on to bigger trades
You offered your worst, Richmond want your best and meet with the pick in the middle which is likely 1 up 1 down

Freo can then go on and select your Gryan Miers clone - Isaac Kako
Short of Pies winning the flag again, I legit think it would be very silly for Freo to trade the middle pick, pedantic? Maybe but that goes both ways. The worst first will be in the range most reasonable Tigers fans (including yourself) are claiming, going for the middle one is just asking for it coz it’s there.

If Freo are strong, the worst one gets it done and they save the other two for more exciting October adventures

Short of Pies winning the flag again, I legit think it would be very silly for Freo to trade the middle pick, pedantic? Maybe but that goes both ways. The worst first will be in the range most reasonable Tigers fans (including yourself) are claiming, going for the middle one is just asking for it coz it’s there.

If Freo are strong, the worst one gets it done and they save the other two for more exciting October adventures
Nah take it or leave it deal

Last day of the trade period 20 mins to go and we still have 6 weeks to convince him to stay and im not blinking

FMD cannot believe this obsession with valuing picks and the importance of difference between pick #12 or pick #13 in some peoples minds.

If a club chases a player for $850k+ (which is atleast what its going to take for him to move)
Clubs are not going to let a player they want to slide through their grasp and look like fools both to players and managers for not being able to get the deal done. They would be laughing stocks and influence future players taking them seriously

If its freo they will give up their best or next best 1st rounder
Supporters whinge but clubs get it done
exactly

why would you waste you time writing this dribble ?

Its such a sad cope, just deal with it man

Baker is going to get paid $850k-1M/yr? I must be missing something here.

Which other similar types are on that sort of coin?

He’s a decent role player but a trade and contract in the region of Clark, Aish type deals is where his value sits.

This thread is literally on a loop, it hurts my head.

The general consensus is he's worth a 1st rounder.

Anyone who disagrees should be thread banned for being a silly billy, everyone else should accept they will be closer to right than wrong.

This thread is literally on a loop, it hurts my head.

The general consensus is he's worth a 1st rounder.

Anyone who disagrees should be thread banned for being a silly billy, everyone else should accept they will be closer to right than wrong.
That’s the biggest problem with these threads when it becomes basically known a dude is leaving very early in the year, the loop has 6 months to go round and round and round and round and round and round and round…

Baker is going to get paid $850k-1M/yr? I must be missing something here.

Which other similar types are on that sort of coin?

He’s a decent role player but a trade and contract in the region of Clark, Aish type deals is where his value sits.
AFL salaries are about to skyrocket. An afl salary of 850K in two years will be a percentage of salary cap of what a 600K salary is now. The AFL average salary in 2023 was actually $443,000 so even now decent players are earning more than 600K. Most are predicting afl salaries to go up on average by more than 10% each year over the next three years.

Plus players leaving clubs are nearly always offered money above their true market value. For example the offer North made for Griffin Logue or the offer the eagles made to Tyler Brookman were both way above their true market value.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back