Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Proves how deluded he is.
Wouldn't be easy to break into the richmond fwd line..🤣🤣

View attachment 1986614
Carn guys. Notice how not one person disputed it at the time? Waterman has been great and would get a game at every club with the form he's in, but no one saw that coming. Since I said that he's kicked 18 goals in 4 games.

I mean would Obeanie1 still be offering him up at trade bait? Not a chance.

Not sure why old mate Hawks_4478 is so obsessed with this thread and me though. Bit odd.

You've come up with examples that are two of the biggest overpays in trade history and the CCJ trade is overwhelmingly regarded as a total disaster so why would any team do that again. You don't get how trading works. Fact. Now I'll report your previous post and hopefully you'll be gone from this thread.
You have NFI

I'll take that as a compliment considering who it came from. Somehow you've managed to unite every supporter from any team not Richmond against your views here.
LOL its not me doing that mate its just the normal reactions on all threads

See you after trade period when all said and done but hopefully Baker signs before August so you can keep your picks and not have such a sh!t player on your list

See you after trade period when all said and done but hopefully Baker signs before August so you can keep your picks and not have such a sh!t player on your list
Yeah I rate Baker genius. What makes your posts so utterly absurd (and they are) is that you have a massive go at people who think a 27 year old utility is worth a top 15 pick like I do.

He may well still sign on with Richmond. Id be fine if he did too.

Yeah I rate Baker genius. What makes your posts so utterly absurd (and they are) is that you have a massive go at people who think a 27 year old utility is worth a top 15 pick like I do.
Mate maybe do some research or if you cant just go back and read my posts about what i think his value is
always maintained a pick between 10-15 is his value and will depend on what picks a club has and what deals the 2 clubs can get done with what conditions his contract offer is from clubs.

You have an addiction to this thread , Give it a break as im getting sick of replying to stupidity

Now about the highlighted part of your post ........ Again Adam Saad !!!!

Mate maybe do some research or if you cant just go back and read my posts about what i think his value is
always maintained a pick between 10-15 is his value and will depend on what picks a club has and what deals the 2 clubs can get done with what conditions his contract offer is from clubs.

You have an addiction to this thread , Give it a break as im getting sick of replying to stupidity

Now about the highlighted part of your post ........ Again Adam Saad !!!!
Are you joking. NO one is more addicted to this thread than you are and YOU"VE ABUSED everyone not saying he's worth a top 10 pick. Oh yeah. One example is all you can list (and you might want to check what Carlton supporters thought about the Saad trade at the time) so you have nothing in factual argument. Feel free to ignore my posts. Ive had no problem selectively responding to your replies. Again. I'll take your response as a compliment.

Are you joking. NO one is more addicted to this thread than you are and YOU"VE ABUSED everyone not saying he's worth a top 10 pick. Oh yeah. One example is all you can list so you have nothing in factual argument. Feel free to ignore my posts. Ive had no problem selectively responding to your replies. Again. I'll take your response as a compliment.
Adam Saad Pick 8 is the example you asked for
Then you ask for 4 examples

Uncontracted player examples you asked for
CCj is the perfect example you asked for .

You response : Yeah but North are dumb and Carlton over paid

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Feel free to ignore sunshine

Obeanie1 Carn guys. Notice how not one person disputed it at the time? Waterman has been great and would get a game at every club with the form he's in, but no one saw that coming. Since I said that he's kicked 18 goals in 4 games.
I mean would Obeanie1 still be offering him up at trade bait? Not a chance.

Not sure why old mate Hawks_4478 is so obsessed with this thread and me though. Bit odd.

Don’t try and put it back on me - you’re the one obsessed with this thread. You’ve posted lots more than me in this thread. I’m just calling out your delusional posts and your inability to understand how a trade works. Lots of other posters have said the same thing, and then you attack them.

Baker isn’t worth a top ten pick. Accept it and move on.

You need to calm down mate.

You disagree with how others rate Baker....fair enough. You're hardly the first supporter to talk up the value of their own players.

But don't carry on like a muppet with all the childish name calling, and constantly holding up ridiculously unbalanced trades like CCJ as some sort of talisman.

Check the Carlton thread genius. Your example is the most absurd in history. At the time Carlton fans thought they massively overpaid which we won't. According to even North fans the CCJ trade was a total disaster but they're your examples. Its all good. I won't respond to your suggestions anymore. Apparently we agree Baker's worth a pick in the vaccinity of pick 15. Good to know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You need to calm down mate.

You disagree with how others rate Baker....fair enough. You're hardly the first supporter to talk up the value of their own players.

But don't carry on like a muppet with all the childish name calling, and constantly holding up ridiculously unbalanced trades like CCJ as some sort of talisman.
Check the Carlton thread genius. Your example is the most absurd in history. At the time Carlton fans thought they massively overpaid which we won't. According to even North fans the CCJ trade was a total disaster but they're your examples. Its all good. I won't respond to your suggestions anymore. Apparently we agree Baker's worth a pick in the vaccinity of pick 15. Good to know.
LOL why would you look at boards where the team that gets the player clearly wanted bargains
The same will happen on the freo / Eagles board once the trade gets done

They are genuine examples of similar situations
Saad was uncontracted 27 year old who was not a leader and no where near the credentials of baker

The CCj example was put foward to the claims of clubs not paying up market value for an uncontracted player
but what you fail to accept is players of clubs dont screw over their old clubs (specially if they are leaders and premiership players that will always have ties o that club going foward)

LOL why would you look at boards where the team that gets the player clearly wanted bargains
The same will happen on the freo / Eagles board once the trade gets done

They are genuine examples of similar situations
Saad was uncontracted 27 year old who was not a leader and no where near the credentials of baker

The CCj example was put foward to the claims of clubs not paying up market value for an uncontracted player
but what you fail to accept is players of clubs dont screw over their old clubs (specially if they are leaders and premiership players that will always have ties o that club going foward)
You have 1 relevant example (Saad) that was considered an overpay for a 27 year old by pretty much everyone on BF including Essendon supporters at the time of trade. So one woeful example in the history of afl trading. Do better. At least we agree pick 15ish will be the trade now.

Even North supporters agree they got bent over and rogered without lube with the CCJ trade.

It's just weird to try to use this as any sort of a representative or benchmark value.

Even North supporters agree they got bent over and rogered without lube with the CCJ trade.

It's just weird to try to use this as any sort of a representative or benchmark value.
It's also the case that even Essendon supporters on BF were pleasantly surprised what they got in return for Saad at the time of the trade.

Dude its not being used as a representation or benchmark about trade value but only to indicate that even clubs last on the ladder are honoring the wishes of players they have persuaded to join in doing a fair trade to the clubs they are leaving

You have 1 relevant example (Saad) that was considered an overpay for a 27 year old by pretty much everyone on BF including Essendon supporters at the time of trade. So one woeful example in the history of afl trading. Do better. At least we agree pick 15ish will be the trade now.
Rubbish Essendon supporters were all demanding the blues 1st pick and only after the trade they wanted to dig into the blues supporters as a "We told you so and he is sh!t player remarks"
stop making crap up

Rubbish Essendon supporters were all demanding the blues 1st pick and only after the trade they wanted to dig into the blues supporters as a "We told you so and he is sh!t player remarks"
stop making crap up
I'm not. Check the thread. I said Essendon supporters (so not all Essendon supporters) so check the thread and show me that even Essendon supporters weren't surprised. Just like here. Not all Richmond supporters agree with you.

I'm not. Check the thread. I said Essendon supporters (so not all Essendon supporters) so check the thread and show me that even Essendon supporters weren't surprised. Just like here. Not all Richmond supporters agree with you.
Most essendon supporters said #8
Most Carlton supporters said #8 with bombers 2nd rounder coming back
Some Carlton & Neutrals were saying split #8 for 2xlate 1st rounders and give 1 to bombers

Bomber supporters were correct and even the poll indicates Carlton won that trade

what more can i say

Anyone saying Eagles must, and will split their R1 is stupid.

What will be, will be, but I dont see Eagles doing more than R2.Richmond would probably prefer to deal with Freo because they would get the deal they want.

Baker, if chooses he Eagles then Tiger fans better get to terms with it, just didn't swing your way this time.
If we don't get a pick at least on par value of Baker, he is staying here because you have no pre-season threat we will just pick him up again.

Most essendon supporters said #8
Most Carlton supporters said #8 with bombers 2nd rounder coming back
Some Carlton & Neutrals were saying split #8 for 2xlate 1st rounders and give 1 to bombers

Bomber supporters were correct and even the poll indicates Carlton won that trade

what more can i say
Ok. You're making s**t up as I read the trade thread at the time the trade was done. Its alright. For the sake of others as our conversation goes round in circles I'll put you on ignore and won't respond. Im glad we agree a pick around 15ish is a fair trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back