Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

If he requests a trade to another club, then by definition he doesn't want to be at his existing club.

Otherwise why wouldn't he just stay in the first place?
Two years ago... Esava wanted a trade & Geelong kept him another year he was in & out of the side not a regular player like Baker and the Cats played hardball & got what a lot more than what people thought he was worth for someone in & out.

You should be advocating for a fair deal but you would rather see Richmond get ripped off right?

If we don't get a pick at least on par value of Baker, he is staying here because you have no pre-season threat we will just pick him up again.
This isn’t hard. Freo has the better trade offer. Eagles won’t sacrifice a rebuild for Baker.

If Baker decides Freo = everyone is happy.

If Baker decides Eagles = your not going to get what Tigers probably expect.

If Richmond play hardball so be it, but 80% Clubs realise it’s better to let the player go. If he stays, history shows they leave the following year.

There is also a lot of the season to play out and if Richmond gets players back it is a good chance you leap frog Eagles and then the PSD is very much a threat.

Good luck for the rest of the season and we’ll see what happens.

I would be shocked if he gets any pick better than 15. He's a 26 year old utility out of contract. Don't get me wrong, I really rate the guy, but if I was a betting man I'd say he'd go for a pick between 16-25.

I'm not sure the Eagles are interested which makes less leverage for the Tigers.

Two years ago... Esava wanted a trade & Geelong kept him another year he was in & out of the side not a regular player like Baker and the Cats played hardball & got what a lot more than what people thought he was worth for someone in & out.

You should be advocating for a fair deal but you would rather see Richmond get ripped off right?
Esava was contracted.
Baker isn't.

It's not hard.

Esava was contracted.
Baker isn't.

It's not hard.
Tim Taranto was out of contract, yet everyone was saying Richmond have to pay up & give up a lot.
than when we give a fair deal, everyone is like oh, they overpaid for him...

We have given players like Higgins up for not much, we not doing it with Baker, I can assure you.

Tim Taranto was out of contract, yet everyone was saying Richmond have to pay up & give up a lot.

We have given players like Higgins up for not much, we not doing it with Baker, I can assure you.
You still don't get it.

If he wants to leave you hold no bargaining power whatsoever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Esava was contracted.

If Baker wants to go, Richmond can't force him to stay against his will.

I'm not the one bringing up ridiculous scenarios like Top 10 picks, CCJ comparisons, or Richmond re-drafting a player who's said he wants to leave.

You need to calm down mate.

You disagree with how others rate Baker....fair enough. You're hardly the first supporter to talk up the value of their own players.

But don't carry on like a muppet with all the childish name calling, and constantly holding up ridiculously unbalanced trades like CCJ as some sort of talisman.
Hang on, its all about context of which you have ignored.

You cant have a poster demanding examples that fit the listed criteria they requested and then rubbish them. Saad and CCJ both fit criteria at the time, yet are being rubbished and at THE_GUN being attacked. He simply supplied what was demanded. Its not his fault those trades are not seen by some as being good examples.

Seriously, the lack of context by late blow ins and the manipulation of some posts in isolation, is PRIME BF.

Nice you really answered the question didn't you.
What question?

"Tim Taranto was out of contract, yet everyone was saying Richmond have to pay up & give up a lot.

We have given players like Higgins up for not much, we not doing it with Baker, I can assure you"

Hang on, its all about context of which you have ignored.

You cant have a poster demanding examples that fit the listed criteria they requested and then rubbish them. Saad and CCJ both fit criteria at the time, yet are being rubbished and at THE_GUN being attacked. He simply supplied what was demanded. Its not his fault those trades are not seen by some as being good examples.

Seriously, the lack of context by late blow ins and the manipulation of some posts in isolation, is PRIME BF.
It's like bringing up Hawthorn getting Pick 19 for prime Buddy Franklin in reference to a trade scenario of JUH or Curnow or McDonald. It's a silly and ridiculous example that's not constructive in assessing the value of said player.

It's like bringing up Hawthorn getting Pick 19 for prime Buddy Franklin in reference to a trade scenario of JUH or Curnow or McDonald. It's a silly and ridiculous example that's not constructive in assessing the value of said player.
That's not the point though, and this is what happens when you arrive late to a debate between 2 posters of which you were not one.

Maybe to make it clearer, the poster in question asked a stupid question and got a stupid answer, that doesn't make the answer wrong.

A bit on Baker from Herald Sun (Jon Ralph).

Keeping in mind Pyke was on radio in the last couple of weeks saying we would be very interested in Baker if he was to become available.

Liam Baker is seen as keen to get to West Coast, with his teammates well aware of his club of choice.

Fremantle is still interested and has three first-round picks.

When Jordan Clark returned from Geelong he saw West Coast as a probable landing spot.

He had to be told explicitly by West Coast they just weren’t interested before he eventually got on board with making Fremantle his home.

So given West Coast would have to split its first-round pick to get Baker – offering a first-rounder in the back-end of that round – it is by no means a fait accompli that Baker gets to West Coast.

But it will be the starting point in negotiations, and whatever the case the Tigers will need a pick within 15 to get a deal done.”

Freo is obviously a better preference for us if he does want to go home as the trade would likely be a lot easier.
I think it gets messy with West Coast, but I still don't see it going down to the PSD.

The Eagles may split their pick depending on where it lands, but if not it may end up being their 2nd rounder this year + their future 2nd.

A bit on Baker from Herald Sun (Jon Ralph).

Keeping in mind Pyke was on radio in the last couple of weeks saying we would be very interested in Baker if he was to become available.

Liam Baker is seen as keen to get to West Coast, with his teammates well aware of his club of choice.

Fremantle is still interested and has three first-round picks.

When Jordan Clark returned from Geelong he saw West Coast as a probable landing spot.

He had to be told explicitly by West Coast they just weren’t interested before he eventually got on board with making Fremantle his home.

So given West Coast would have to split its first-round pick to get Baker – offering a first-rounder in the back-end of that round – it is by no means a fait accompli that Baker gets to West Coast.

But it will be the starting point in negotiations, and whatever the case the Tigers will need a pick within 15 to get a deal done.”

That’s the first Ive heard of that Clark thing, if true, nice to have a little uno-reverso on the stupidity of Freo turning away Yeo. Ralph giving himself an interesting out given most others seem to think Freo but it could all be true at the same time

That’s the first Ive heard of that Clark thing, if true, nice to have a little uno-reverso on the stupidity of Freo turning away Yeo. Ralph giving himself an interesting out given most others seem to think Freo but it could all be true at the same time

I’d hardly call it a reverse on Yeo who went on to be a 2xAA and 2x BnF winner (in a premiership wining year if you don’t mind).

Clark is a major sook and super unprofessional.

Say what you like about the character of Michael Pell but he is on the money with Clark.

Scarlett couldn’t stand him, and for good reason.

I’d hardly call it a reverse on Yeo who went on to be a 2xAA and 2x BnF winner (in a premiership wining year if you don’t mind).

Clark is a major sook and super unprofessional.

Say what you like about the character of Michael Pell but he is on the money with Clark.

Scarlett couldn’t stand him, and for good reason.
Im not getting into a new WA pissing fight but Clark is a gun, Scarlett got fired from Geelong for a reason and WC would love to have him, regardless of whether he’ll ever reach Yeo’s heights

Remove this Banner Ad

Back