Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

I think if West Coast and Baker really are keen, the Eagles find a way without splitting the pick.

Agree with this.

Where the Clark comparison falls down is he was keen and it wasn’t reciprocated.

We’ve publicly said we’d be “very interested” if Baker becomes available.

To me that suggests a deal gets done.

It might be a bit of a shit fight. It’s up to Baker how keen he is to get to West Coast vis a vis Fremantle.

I feel we are more likely to trade our future 1st for 2 later 1st rounders then splitting pick 3 now I think about it but have to wait and see

I dont see the point in picking up Baker if we expect to be bottom 3 the following season

Our firsts have no value. We know that because we tried to split our 2024 first for pick7-10 and couldn’t get it done.

Our list profile is so askew that clubs have no idea how to value our future picks.

Clubs are unwilling to hold risk trading in our future first pick.

So given West Coast would have to split its first-round pick to get Baker – offering a first-rounder in the back-end of that round – it is by no means a fait accompli that Baker gets to West Coast.
Well, well, well, what do you know?

A few posters had a crack at me when I suggested this a few days ago....

Well, well, well, what do you know?

A few posters had a crack at me when I suggested this a few days ago....

This is just a continuation of Ralphy bit on midweek tackle with some extra content in there.

People at the time acknowledged Ralph’s view that it would require us to split our first, and also noted that others had a different view.

Same segment Jay Clark said Baker was worth a 2nd.

It’s pick and choose who and what you want to listen to based on your colours.

Nothing new there.

This is just a continuation of Ralphy bit on midweek tackle with some extra content in there.

People at the time acknowledged Ralph’s view that it would require us to split our first, and also noted that others had a different view.

Same segment Jay Clark said Baker was worth a 2nd.

It’s pick and choose who and what you want to listen to based on your colours.

Nothing new there.
Okay so, so far it's Ralph, Twomey, Beveridge, Niall and Cornes off the top of my head that have him valued as a 1st round pick V Jay Clark at a 2nd.

So once again if Eagles want him, in all likelihood, they'll have to split their 1st round pick....

Okay so, so far it's Ralph, Twomey, Beveridge, Niall and Cornes off the top of my head that have him valued as a 1st round pick V Jay Clark at a 2nd.

So once again if Eagles want him, in all likelihood, they'll have to split their 1st round pick....

You can add me in the “values him at a first round” camp, too.

I just don’t think that’s what the trade ends up being.

Jordan Dawson was worth more than Melbournes Future First back in 2021, and Swans were screaming and shouting telling everyone who would listen that he was worth the same as Cerra.

They were right but the trade didn’t end up reflecting Dawsons actual worth.

I dont get why Richmond would want just the 1 pick also. If the choice is pick 15 or pick 20 + future 2nd for Baker + future 3rd rounder for example I think the latter is the better option for Richmond

I dont get why Richmond would want just the 1 pick also. If the choice is pick 15 or pick 20 + future 2nd for Baker + future 3rd rounder for example I think the latter is the better option for Richmond
Not when you see the hand they already have, they'll want to be as high as possible

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats kind of the issue. They would be better off improving next years draft position then continuing to dive head first into this one and leaving this the holy grail .
It'a always relatively easy moving picks to next year because current picks are still rated higher then future picks. For example, if they can get a future 1st off a top 4 team, they should jump at it, easy way to get value.

I think the point is more quality v quantity, and we need the opportunity to address the best quality we can as we already have quantity.
Quantity in one draft only. I think you need to move some of these picks into 2025 as opposed to just give up 4 picks for a top 10 pick or something dumb like that.

If Rioli goes a pick 8 and 10 for a Rioli and a ton of 2nd rounders Gold Coast can use on their academy bids could work however

Quantity in one draft only. I think you need to move some of these picks into 2025 as opposed to just give up 4 picks for a top 10 pick or something dumb like that.

If Rioli goes a pick 8 and 10 for a Rioli and a ton of 2nd rounders Gold Coast can use on their academy bids could work however
You could be right, depends how many top end picks we can muster this year I guess.

Rioli isnt leaving.

I think the point is more quality v quantity, and we need the opportunity to address the best quality we can as we already have quantity.

That’s the exact same argument that Weat Coast supporters are making in regards to their own draft hand and list build, and the one the club seems to be making behind the scenes.

We also have our own draft needs, and it includes having a pick in the first 5-6.

We need elite mids in the draft just as much as Richmond.

That’s the exact same argument that Weat Coast supporters are making in regards to their own draft hand and list build, and the one the club seems to be making behind the scenes.

We also have our own draft needs, and it includes having a pick in the first 5-6.

We need elite mids in the draft just as much as Richmond.
Yeah WC do make it very hard to guess a fair outcome but regardless of what happens, you guys will think you over paid and we will be gutted that you under paid. Rinse repeat with most trades.

Pick 15 vs pick 20 isnt the concept of a early pick vs non early
It's a 1st round v 2nd round. There could be a father son bid match or two or a priority pick for North between those picks, there probably will be a compo pick or two as well.

Also if we try move up the order pick 15 would be far nore appealing to other clubs than 20.

It's a 1st round v 2nd round. There could be a father son bid match or two or a priority pick for North between those picks, there probably will be a compo pick or two as well.

Also if we try move up the order pick 15 would be far nore appealing to other clubs than 20.
Dont forget the 2nd round has ALREADY moved back two spots thanks to North assistance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back