Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

You still don't get it.
Once Baker, through his management start listening to offers from Freo or WC, he's made his mind up to come home.

Otherwise, he could knock the speculation on the head now and sign for Richmond.

This isn’t entirely true. Players often listen to rival offers and sit on them before making a decision.

For what it’s worth, I think Baker is inclined to leave Richmond.

Freo dead keen, have a 5 year deal in front of him, as opposed to Richmond’s 4 year deal.

West Coast are “very keen” but yet to put a deal in front of him. Baker keen on West Coast but trade will be hard to get done.

FWIW, I think Tom Morris’ bit on “Freo being in front” has been overblown on here, and Morris view is purely based on the fact Freo have a deal in front of him but West Coast don’t.

People saying west coast don’t want him due to the cost are conveniently forgetting that our CEO went on radio and said if Baker was keen to come home we’d “be very interested”. Not interested- very interested.

This isn’t entirely true. Players often listen to rival offers and sit on them before making a decision.

Freo dead keen, have a 5 year deal in front of him, as opposed to Richmond’s 4 year deal.

West Coast are “very keen” but yet to put a deal in front of him. Baker keen on West Coast but trade will be hard to get done.

FWIW, I think Tom Morris’ bit on “Freo being in front” has been overblown on here, and Morris view is purely based on the fact Freo have a deal in front of him but West Coast don’t.

People saying west coast don’t want him due to the cost are conveniently forgetting that our CEO went on radio and said if Baker was keen to come home we’d “be very interested”. Not interested- very interested.
So keen yet the only club without an offer in front supposedly? I also struggle to remember a time when a club rep has even insinuated they weren’t interested on a out of contract player linked to their state.

Maybe I have oversold but if Baker wants WC then he goes to WC if they are genuinely very interested.

They were also on record “very interested” in Jackson but that was never going to happen

So keen yet the only club without an offer in front supposedly? I also struggle to remember a time when a club rep has even insinuated they weren’t interested on a out of contract player linked to their state.

Maybe I have oversold but if Baker wants WC then he goes to WC if they are genuinely very interested.

I think you have over sold slightly.

It would be very easy for Pyke to have put caveats in his answer on Baker “We think Liam is a great player and of course we’d be interested, it’s also important for us to ensure we are using our picks in the draft given our list position and our strategy is to focus on the draft this year”.

Keep in mind it is still may. It’s not highest priority to have the $$$$ and years written in ink in May. It’s about gauging mutual interest.

On top of that, I think Morris saying Freo are in front was more qualified then what it has been taken to be.

They were also on record “very interested” in Jackson but that was never going to happen

Because Jackson was never really interested in us.

He indicated in his trade request that he was requesting a trade back to WA to cool the heat that would have come if he requested Freo outright, but Jackson himself said he had made up his mind mind that he wanted to go to Freo by mid year bye rounds.

We can be as interested as we like, it doesn’t really mean much if it’s not reciprocated.

Because Jackson was never really interested in us.

He indicated in his trade request that he was requesting a trade back to WA to cool the heat that would have come if he requested Freo outright, but Jackson himself said he had made up his mind mind that he wanted to go to Freo by mid year bye rounds.

We can be as interested as we like, it doesn’t really mean much if it’s not reciprocated.
That whole thing was peak Dockery, like every other player outright names a player in the media but Dover had him playing as straight a bat as humanly possible going with “WA”. Was damn annoying

That whole thing was peak Dockery, like every other player outright names a player in the media but Dover had him playing as straight a bat as humanly possible going with “WA”. Was damn annoying

I get it.

A young player does 3 years and then wants to go to the club that made finals and doesn’t have a top pick.

He was protecting his client, at the expense of frustrating Freo supporters lol

Morris has a mole at Richmond FC

Keeps getting leaks from there

Twomey on gettable says baker will be at a WA club

Eh, morris has good links across the industry. Even more so now by the feel of it.

I don’t think his connections at Richmond are better or worse than other (vic based?) clubs.

He did get the dimma re-signing story, but my sense is that leak came from Gold Coast, not Richmond.

Eh, morris has good links across the industry. Even more so now by the feel of it.

I don’t think his connections at Richmond are better or worse than other (vic based?) clubs.

He did get the dimma re-signing story, but my sense is that leak came from Gold Coast, not Richmond.
Yeh I can't remember if it was Caro or another journo but they said the dimma story came from the gold coast.

The other week Morris did a story about richmonds offseason plan to attack the draft and bundle up late picks, so wouldn't be surprised if the club nudged him or fed him some stuff

Wait.

Did you just use re-sign, instead of resign?

The exact opposite of what normally happens on here?

😶

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A player agent doesn't request a trade on behalf of his player if he doesn't think a trade can get done

Yep.

See:Cerra wanting to go to Melbourne.

Sounds like Dover has already had this conversation with West Coast.

Dover: Liam is really keen to come home and is interested in playing for West Coast. Do you have any interest in him?

West Coast: Absolutely, we’d be very interested. In saying that, we need to hit the draft, would Liam go through the PsD?

Dover: No. You would need to trade for him.

West Coast: Hmmmm…. We’re super keen but we really need our picks and need to hit the draft. Let’s keep chatting and see where it goes and what it might look like.

Dover: Sounds good.

Ball is in West Coasts court imo.

I think west coast being a steaming pile of shit is also a massive factor here.

Baker would have thought that whenever he comes back it would be to wce but their last 2 years have well and truly opened the door for Fremantle.

Let's not ignore something so obvious

I think west coast being a steaming pile of s**t is also a massive factor here.

Baker would have thought that whenever he comes back it would be to wce but their last 2 years have well and truly opened the door for Fremantle.

Let's not ignore something so obvious

My view is the opposite.

West Coast no longer being the worst team since Fitzroy has made West Coast a more attractive proposition than it was a month ago.

West Coast really only became linked to Baker again recently.

Freo not travelling as well as expected and West Coast travelling better than expected has thrown a little curve ball in to it.

Speculation, but my guess is that is the reason Freo have a deal in front of him and West Coast don’t. Because it only became an option recently.

My view is the opposite.

West Coast no longer being the worst team since Fitzroy has made West Coast a more attractive proposition than it was a month ago.

Freo not travelling as well as expected and West Coast travelling better than expected has thrown a little curve ball in to it.

Speculation, but my guess is that is the reason Freo have a deal in front of him and West Coast don’t. Because it only became an option recently.
Freo wouldn't even be in the picture if not for your last 2 years, when he was ooc 2 years ago it was wce or bust

Freo wouldn't even be in the picture if not for your last 2 years, when he was ooc 2 years ago it was wce or bust

We are saying the same thing.

2022: 2 years ago Baker probsbly wanted to come to West Coast.

2022-23: We’ve been shit. Freo get in front of baker and he’s open to going to Freo given both clubs position.

2024: Freo going ok, playing some up and down footy, west coast doing better than expected, and look to be over the worst of their troubles. Playing competitive footy, and at some moments, genuinely exciting.

Baker decides to have a 2nd look at West Coast.

My view is the opposite.

I'm not having a crack here but how will Eagles go once Kelly, yeo, darling and McGovern all pull the pin within 2-3 years? 3 of those guys are crucial to your short term success. Do you think there will be another big drop off then?

It'd be a fair concern for Baker IMO.

We are saying the same thing.

2022: 2 years ago Baker probsbly wanted to come to West Coast.

2022-23: We’ve been s**t. Freo get in front of baker and he’s open to going to Freo given both clubs position.

2024: Freo going ok, playing some up and down footy, west coast doing better than expected, and look to be over the worst of their troubles. Playing competitive footy, and at some moments, genuinely exciting.

Baker decides to have a 2nd look at West Coast.
Ehh idno man, don't want it to get into a Freo/Eagles shit fight but your list profile is still pretty scary

Freo are searching for missing pieces now

I'm not having a crack here but how will Eagles go once Kelly, yeo, darling and McGovern all pull the pin within 2-3 years? 3 of those guys are crucial to your short term success. Do you think there will be another big drop off then?

It'd be a fair concern for Baker IMO.

How am I supposed to project 2-3 years in the future?

That’s 2-3 draft and trade periods away, and 2-3 years of internal development into kids on our list you’ve probably never heard of…

We have 22 players on our list under 21, another top end talent this year, maybe Busslinger.

This happens with every team in a rebuild. Our kids are better than what they are externally rated and then in 12-18 months AFL media and oppo suporters will say “where did west coast get all these decent kids from”.

There’s a 12-24 month lag between drafting and showing genuine AfL level ability.

People were saying we might not win a game this year and would need a priority pick just 4 weeks ago.

I’m not saying that everything is rosy at West Coast, but the dire projections proved to be wrong as well.

Ehh idno man, don't want it to get into a Freo/Eagles s**t fight but your list profile is still pretty scary

Freo are searching for missing pieces now

I don’t want to get into a shit fight either but I think you’re missing alot more than just pieces around the edges.

Agree our list profile is skewed very old and very young.

Will need vets to hang on for 2-3 years whkle adding a couple of players in 22-25 range to smooth out the gap in our list in 22-27 age range.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back