Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

How am I supposed to project 2-3 years in the future?

That’s 2-3 draft and trade periods away, and 2-3 years of internal development into kids on our list you’ve probably never heard of…

We have 22 players on our list under 21, another top end talent this year, maybe Busslinger.

This happens with every team in a rebuild. Our kids are better than what they are externally rated and then in 12-18 months AFL media and oppo suporters will say “where did west coast get all these decent kids from”.

There’s a 12-24 month lag between drafting and showing genuine AfL level ability.

People were saying we might not win a game this year and would need a priority pick just 4 weeks ago.

I’m not saying that everything is rosy at West Coast, but the dire projections proved to be wrong as well.
They often are. We were supposedly worse than Fitzroy a few years before our first flag.

I'm just saying. If Baker is going for success first and foremost, Freo would in all probability be his choice.

They often are. We were supposedly worse than Fitzroy a few years before our first flag.

I'm just saying. If Baker is going for success first and foremost, Freo would in all probability be his choice.

I can’t say with confidence that Baker will be at West Coast.

I’m just not willing to say he will definitely be at Freo.

Genuinely think it’s up in the air.

Oh that is So Ironic you said that.

I wont deny freos success or lack of. But freo from 1995-2023 have made finals only 8 times in 29 years. 2003, 2006, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2022.

Would of been nice had freo done a tiny bit better in certain years like 1997, 2004, 2005 and 2021. Would of been nice to make back to back finals in 2005-6 and 2021-22.

Point is your team before Damien Hardwick was coach from 2010-2023.... well Look at Richmond from 1983-2012. only made finals in 1995 and 2001.

I personally would rather Liam Baker sign a 1 or 2 year extension with richmond so he becomes a free agent.
If you want to talk about Richmond's shitness until 2017 I am all ears. We were a complete disaster. I openly acknwoledge and critique that.

But we got it right, and history before that shows the club can succeed and build eras.

Freo after a decent period in the league though are still yet to taste a premiership. I don't want to make this a Richmond v Freo thing, but our club has been okay. Not the best, but far from the worst.

Whats the point in talking about clubs performances in the pat *** years

I'll just say its absolutely fantastic when your club wins 1 flag let alone 3 and all scars fade quickly and buried

My club has given me the pleasure 8 times in my life time and anything more is a bonus but if i dont see any more im still content. Hope freo get to taste that soon

I'm not having a crack here but how will Eagles go once Kelly, yeo, darling and McGovern all pull the pin within 2-3 years? 3 of those guys are crucial to your short term success. Do you think there will be another big drop off then?

It'd be a fair concern for Baker IMO.

The key backs is more a concern than our mids - if Yeo's body holds up I think he will go again next season, and Kelly has a few more years to go also.

It seems clear we have drafted the right mids (and forward line) now it's a matter of getting games into them.

KPDs is where we are going to have some serious headaches if we don't get our act together...

The key backs is more a concern than our mids - if Yeo's body holds up I think he will go again next season, and Kelly has a few more years to go also.

It seems clear we have drafted the right mids (and forward line) now it's a matter of getting games into them.

KPDs is where we are going to have some serious headaches if we don't get our act together...
I guess thats why we are all keen on Buss, if we get him and Bazzo can get over his groin issues we are fine

Eagles are accumulating alot of talls and can't fit them all into the team. Some are young fringe players who may be added to a 2nd round pick to get things closer to that late 1st round value.

Maric would be the obvious one Richmond would want IMO. He is developing very, very nicely. No way the Eagles want to lose him though.

Archer Reid next. A Tom Lynch replacement at 200cm.

Jai Culley now has KP forward status 194cm and without injuries will find it difficult to break in. Ripper kid and a very diligent trainer coming back from a knee.

Bailey Williams another who would likely fetch a late 1st on the open market on his own but loves Perth.

H Edwards at 200cm KP defender fits a need and looks to have sorted his groin issues.

Jack Williams 198cm is really surprising with his development and ability to nullify opposition 1st rucks when he pinch hits and is effective forward.

I can see a win win trade with both parties being unhappy. Always a sign of of a fair trade when both sets of fans aren't happy.

Eagles are accumulating alot of talls and can't fit them all into the team. Some are young fringe players who may be added to a 2nd round pick to get things closer to that late 1st round value.

Maric would be the obvious one Richmond would want IMO. He is developing very, very nicely. No way the Eagles want to lose him though.

Archer Reid next. A Tom Lynch replacement at 200cm.

Jai Culley now has KP forward status 194cm and without injuries will find it difficult to break in. Ripper kid and a very diligent trainer coming back from a knee.

Bailey Williams another who would likely fetch a late 1st on the open market on his own but loves Perth.

H Edwards at 200cm KP defender fits a need and looks to have sorted his groin issues.

Jack Williams 198cm is really surprising with his development and ability to nullify opposition 1st rucks when he pinch hits and is effective forward.

I can see a win win trade with both parties being unhappy. Always a sign of of a fair trade when both sets of fans aren't happy.
We don't need a 2nd ruck and if Edwards was any good, you'd be desperate to keep him given McGovern only has a year or two left in him. Culley has no trade value at all, Maric very little.

Reid perhaps.

We don't need a 2nd ruck and if Edwards was any good, you'd be desperate to keep him given McGovern only has a year or two left in him. Culley has no trade value at all, Maric very little.

Reid perhaps.

Lol. Maric very little trade value? Wouldn't worry as Maric is off limits in 99% of ANY trade discussions from an Eagles perspective. Dead set Darling replacement and now 196cm, covers the ground very well and field kicking is elite.

Your comment on Maric just proves you don't know anything about him. Eagles fans would riot if he was included in any trade other than for a super top shelf player like a Warner.

Point here is the Eagles have a lot of young emerging tall forwards to add to a 2nd rounder to get a half decent trade return for Richmond. And a couple of developing 200cm KP defenders in H Edwards and Jamieson. If they land Busslinger then one of those are surplus.

Richmond chasing talls. Eagles have multiple young developing talls to add to a 2nd rounder to even out a deal.

No need to split their 1st rounder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reid perhaps.
Oh Obeanie would sell his first born before wanting Eagles to give up a draft pick

Absolutely zero chance we are trading you a player.

The talk over here is Baker will choose Eagles over Freo. It is odd to me too.

If we want both Busslinger and Baker I think we probably look to trade our future 1st to get 2 picks we can use to trade for both

Lol. Maric very little trade value? Wouldn't worry as Maric is off limits in 99% of ANY trade discussions from an Eagles perspective. Dead set Darling replacement and now 196cm, covers the ground very well and field kicking is elite.

Your comment on Maric just proves you don't know anything about him. Eagles fans would riot if he was included in any trade other than for a super top shelf player like a Warner.

Point here is the Eagles have a lot of young emerging tall forwards to add to a 2nd rounder to get a half decent trade return for Richmond. And a couple of developing 200cm KP defenders in H Edwards and Jamieson. If they land Busslinger then one of those are surplus.

Richmond chasing talls. Eagles have multiple young developing talls to add to a 2nd rounder to even out a deal.

A Darling replacement that doesn't kick goals. We may have been interested before Lefau came along. Eagles need young talent as much as we do, if they were any good they wouldn't be on the table.

A Darling replacement that doesn't kick goals. We may have been interested before Lefau came along. Eagles need young talent as much as we do, if they were any good they wouldn't be on the table.

Probably a bit harsh there. Has kicked only a handful fewer goals than Darling at the same stage of their careers, in a much, much worse side.

Probably a bit harsh there. Has kicked only a handful fewer goals than Darling at the same stage of their careers, in a much, much worse side.
Two very different positions too. Darling played alot closer to goal. He also wasnt the sub a handful of times like Maric has been.

In any case Maric going nowhere. Wouldnt do a direct swap for Baker either as we would be worse off in such a deal. Reality is if Maric went to main draft he would have been top 20 pick last year comfortably so no point giving that up

At the same age Jack Darling averaged 2.2 goals per game, Maric is going at 0.6.

I don't mind him as a player. I think he'll be decent, but he wouldn't have that much value at the trade table. He's worth more to Eagles than what they'd get in a trade.

Moot point anyway, he won't be involved in any deal for Liam Baker.

As I said Maric would not be on the trade table unless for an elite player such as Warner.

He has been played as a high half forward ATM with Waterman, Darling and J Williams the three tall forwards and Bailey resting forward in spells. Maric's field kicking is elite and he covers the ground very well. So not playing as a permanent forward is one reason he isn't kicking bags............and Jake is on fire so no need. Eagles playing Maric off the bench as development as he is too good for WAFL.

Looking like Eagles have a surplus of good young talls. Some will likely need to move to get a game. Waterman and Oscar Allen are locks and that leaves a 3rd tall forward spot left for Darling, Maric, J Williams, B Williams, Culley and A Reid to fight for. Six talls chasing the 3rd forward spot.

At the same age Jack Darling averaged 2.2 goals per game, Maric is going at 0.6.

I don't mind him as a player. I think he'll be decent, but he wouldn't have that much value at the trade table. He's worth more to Eagles than what they'd get in a trade.

Moot point anyway, he won't be involved in any deal for Liam Baker.

Forget age. When talking about a replacement, number of games is far more relevant.

I agree with the last sentence. Eagles won’t move him on unless he seeks it.

Maric just signed a two year contract extension and has talked extensively about being independent and not having any desire to go back to Victoria.

What a waste of time even bringing his name up.

Talking for sake of talking. Pointless would be an understatement.

I still think Richmond need a future pick and not a 2024 one. 8 picks before 60 seems like overkill if you start adding more to it. Maybe they are the ones who actually want our F1st

F1st for Baker + pick 30 may work with Eagles flipping pick 23 for Busslinger and having pick 3,30 and 59 in the draft

Maric just signed a two year contract extension and has talked extensively about being independent and not having any desire to go back to Victoria.

What a waste of time even bringing his name up.

Talking for sake of talking. Pointless would be an understatement.

The issue with Maric looking great and happy to stay is an indication that other tall forwards may need to look elsewhere to get a game. We have six tall forwards chasing one spot. Including two ruck/forwards.

A player such as Maric is tradable for the right deal. (Agree not for Baker). If the Eagles chased Warner and the Swans demanded Maric as part of the deal would you change your tune? I'm betting you would.

Only players like Reid, Ginbey, Hewett and Allen are totally off limits IMO.

Got a tad sidetracked with the Maric worth very little comment.

Archer Reid would be the one the Tigers would have most interest in IMO. Lynch replacement.

The issue with Maric looking great and happy to stay is an indication that other tall forwards may need to look elsewhere to get a game. We have six tall forwards chasing one spot. Including two ruck/forwards.

A player such as Maric is tradable for the right deal. (Agree not for Baker). If the Eagles chased Warner and the Swans demanded Maric as part of the deal would you change your tune? I'm betting you would.

Only players like Reid, Ginbey, Hewett and Allen are totally off limits IMO.

Got a tad sidetracked with the Maric worth very little comment.

Archer Reid would be the one the Tigers would have most interest in IMO. Lynch replacement.
You think the club goes into exit meetings.

"Yeah we look forward to working with you next year, unless Chad Warner wants to come, then you can **** right off" .

We dont have 40 players in the "you can trade for them" pile.. no matter how much people enjoy the talk about it

As I said Maric would not be on the trade table unless for an elite player such as Warner.

He has been played as a high half forward ATM with Waterman, Darling and J Williams the three tall forwards and Bailey resting forward in spells. Maric's field kicking is elite and he covers the ground very well. So not playing as a permanent forward is one reason he isn't kicking bags............and Jake is on fire so no need. Eagles playing Maric off the bench as development as he is too good for WAFL.

Looking like Eagles have a surplus of good young talls. Some will likely need to move to get a game. Waterman and Oscar Allen are locks and that leaves a 3rd tall forward spot left for Darling, Maric, J Williams, B Williams, Culley and A Reid to fight for. Six talls chasing the 3rd forward spot.
Ok. You brought him up, not me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back