Lions pick 1

Remove this Banner Ad

If they can swap for multiple picks i think they'll do it. If GWS lose a few players and don't want too many players in the draft they could offer Brisbane a deal they can't refuse.

How about drafting a spine? I'm not usually one to pot other clubs, but if I was a Brisbane supporter I'd be very worried about turning in a performance as insipid as this afternoon's, particularly against a side with 2 fit senior-listed players outside of the playing 22. Not sure I've seen a team put less effort into a game tbh

So draft yet another young key position player similar to the likes of Schache, Andrews, Hipwood, Freeman, Close, McStay, Gardiner, Hammelmann, Smith, Skinner, Paparone and Allison who are all under the ages of 23.

Meanwhile much of our midfield such as Beams, Rockliff, Zorko, Robinson, Rich, Bell and Bastinac are 26 and above.

Yeah that makes sense. :rolleyes:

So draft yet another young key position player similar to the likes of Schache, Andrews, Hipwood, Freeman, Close, McStay, Gardiner, Hammelmann, Smith, Skinner, Paparone and Allison who are all under the ages of 23.

Meanwhile much of our midfield such as Beams, Rockliff, Zorko, Robinson, Rich, Bell and Bastinac are 26 and above.

Yeah that makes sense. :rolleyes:
You missed the context.

He was questioning our fortitude

But mostly just being a dick

If i was saints i would query a trade for pick 1 and offer pick 6 & 9. Saints are desperate for top end midfield talent and pick 1 guarantees you first dibs at the best young mid in the country.
Minor thing but the Saints have picks 7 and 8. Maybe one or both of those picks will be involved to get Josh Kelly from the Giants.

Minor thing but the Saints have picks 7 and 8. Maybe one or both of those picks will be involved to get Josh Kelly from the Giants.
ahhh yeah 7 & 8 now. sorry.

GWS would rather pick 1 then even both 7 & 8. they paid pick 2 for Kelly and are at the pointy end of the ladder looking for intimidate quality over quantity.
if Kelly wants to be a saint, if they get there hands on pick 1 im sure it will be done on day 1.

EDIT: anyway we will see how aggressive saints are willing to be this trade period.

You missed the context.

He was questioning our fortitude

But mostly just being a dick

Yeah I knew what the reference to "spine" was in regards to fortitude.

I was saying we had enough of a spine already. Trying to be too clever I guess. ;) :D

If i was saints i would query a trade for pick 1 and offer pick 6 & 9. Saints are desperate for top end midfield talent and pick 1 guarantees you first dibs at the best young mid in the country.
Saints list is a bit of a worry.
Defence isn't looking good with a decent full back a real necessity
They could do with a class chf too.
The midfield needs to add a couple of decent ball users too.
I wouldn't be looking to trade up to first over two top 10 picks.

How about drafting a spine? I'm not usually one to pot other clubs, but if I was a Brisbane supporter I'd be very worried about turning in a performance as insipid as this afternoon's, particularly against a side with 2 fit senior-listed players outside of the playing 22. Not sure I've seen a team put less effort into a game tbh

I think brisbanes spine is pretty good with potential to be very very good.
Hipwood Schache Andrews and witherden. Super young and you'd expect most of these guys to kick on if not all of them
Perhaps need to bulk up on rucks (?) but that's no big deal - Martin is still one of the best and has 3 more good seasons in him.

Saints list is a bit of a worry.
Defence isn't looking good with a decent full back a real necessity
They could do with a class chf too.
The midfield needs to add a couple of decent ball users too.
I wouldn't be looking to trade up to first over two top 10 picks.
depend on what they are after tbh. i don't mind the list and i think its deep with b graders.
GWS for example i believe would be better off with pick 1 then 7&8. I believe saints would be better off with Kelly then 7&8.

It will be interesting which way they go, they have mentioned they want to be aggressive. there trading tactics to this point have always been conservative so im interested on how aggressive they become.

Looks like 1 for 7 & 8 could be the deal now

Would absolutely take that

I'd take that in heartbeat if I were Brisbane. 2 x top 10 picks in one year would really speed up the rebuild.
Say you land a Stephenson & Fogarty/Mayes you'd be laughing.

Brizzy are building a nicely rounded list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd take that in heartbeat if I were Brisbane. 2 x top 10 picks in one year would really speed up the rebuild.
Say you land a Stephenson & Fogarty/Mayes you'd be laughing.

Brizzy are building a nicely rounded list.

Would rather keep 1 and draft Dow. Would you prefer Kelly or Tyson/Salem? Not having a go just curious.

Would rather keep 1 and draft Dow. Would you prefer Kelly or Tyson/Salem? Not having a go just curious.
No that's okay! I don't really know enough about Dow but does he really have the potential to be as good as Kelly? If he did, surely he would be the consensus number 1 pick then.

I don't think Tyson & Salem should be the precedent as you could have 2 better players than them with some smarter recruiting.

I really think arguments could be made for each case however I do like to idea of bringing multiple kids in at the same time to keep your age profile at the same level. They can't really lose in this situation to be honest.

No that's okay! I don't really know enough about Dow but does he really have the potential to be as good as Kelly? If he did, surely he would be the consensus number 1 pick then.

I don't think Tyson & Salem should be the precedent as you could have 2 better players than them with some smarter recruiting.

I really think arguments could be made for each case however I do like to idea of bringing multiple kids in at the same time to keep your age profile at the same level. They can't really lose in this situation to be honest.

Not really sure but sounds like he could be elite. Prefer 1 elite to 2 B/B+ players. But then one of those two kids could be a Cripps or whoever. It's a risk that could pay off. Would prefer something similar to last year - pick 2 for 3/17. We got the guy we wanted at 3 and Berry with pick 17

Normally i would bank pick 1 and run.

But this years draft crop is unlike other years. It has no consensus no.1 prospect and the difference in quality between the kid ranked 1 and the kid you rank 7/8 is not that great.

If you were ever to trade 1 for two top 10 picks, this is the year to do it.

If im brisbane and the saints offer me 7 + 8 for 1 i take it no problems, but only this year.

Pick 7 + 8 for pick 1 suits all clubs. Brisbane get to draft 2 elite talent early whilst Saints presumably get the best kid in the draft in Rayner at #1. Would be worth it just for the lols watching lolnorf fans melt at having none of Dusty, Kelly or Rayner...

Pick 7 + 8 for pick 1 suits all clubs. Brisbane get to draft 2 elite talent early whilst Saints presumably get the best kid in the draft in Rayner at #1. Would be worth it just for the lols watching lolnorf fans melt at having none of Dusty, Kelly or Rayner...

The question for the Lions is will one or two of Cameron Rayner, Paddy Dow, Luke Davies-Uniacke and Adam Cerra still be available at 7 and 8?

The question for the Lions is will one or two of Cameron Rayner, Paddy Dow, Luke Davies-Uniacke and Adam Cerra still be available at 7 and 8?
Rayner and Dow unlikely, LDU and Cerra possibly. There will still be some solid players at 7 & 8

I take it you have a big doubt about his character. Any examples of his adverse behaviour other than who he hangs with ?
This was discussed on the Lions board today, and fitzbane lions posts were deleted and this was the end result.
can you cancel my account please? or delete it. don't want to be on this site at all.

depend on what they are after tbh. i don't mind the list and i think its deep with b graders.
GWS for example i believe would be better off with pick 1 then 7&8. I believe saints would be better off with Kelly then 7&8.

Kelly has to want to go there and he doesn't, so I don't even entertain that angle.

Brissy punters, can you give me some input in to this scenario?

North would of course seek out pick 1 to satisfy a Kelly trade with GWS and I have seen it reported that Brisbane would need to trade out Rockliff on $800K a season to get a complimentary 1st round pick .

What do you guys think of North picking up Rockliff at $800K, in the event of the Martin trade falling over, and trading pick 1 for pick 4 and gaining pick 5 by way of compensation?

Effectively, Rockliff and pick 1 for picks 4 and 5?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back