List Mgmt. List Management 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I keep forgetting about this, and it remains a strange decision, along with Pittonet.

There was nothing strange about re-signing Pittonet on a two year deal. It was the obvious move, and the correct one.

You've really got to find a way to move on from the Pittonet hatred. It's unhealthy and frankly embarrassing.

There was nothing strange about re-signing Pittonet on a two year deal. It was the obvious move, and the correct one.

You've really got to find a way to move on from the Pittonet hatred. It's unhealthy and frankly embarrassing.

On his output last year, Jimmae is right, 2yrs was surprising. He has proven to be an admirable performer this season & much improved.

On his output last year, Jimmae is right, 2yrs was surprising. He has proven to be an admirable performer this season & much improved.

He was our number 1 ruck last year and we weren't going out and looking for an immediate upgrade. How was 2 years a surprise? It was never going to be anything but.

Certainly has improved but I doubt Jim will even acknowledge that. Still suggests to drop him every time he posts team changes.

He was our number 1 ruck last year and we weren't going out and looking for an immediate upgrade. How was 2 years a surprise? It was never going to be anything but.

Certainly has improved but I doubt Jim will even acknowledge that. Still suggests to drop him every time he posts team changes.

Could have easily been delisted IMO, thought he was very ordinary last season, and room to improve in our ruck dept.

A good clubman but had there been others of interest that may have been gettable, then all for going them I.e. STK for Xerri (we were supposedly interested in his draft year but took Schumacher in front of him, with TDK the ruckman much earlier).

Club review with the noted sloppy coaching setup prevailed for another chance for a few, which is turning out a good decision.
Edit. And could have easily just been the 1yr extension just like Newman.

Could have easily been delisted IMO, thought he was very ordinary last season, and room to improve in our ruck dept.

A good clubman but had there been others of interest that may have been gettable, then all for going them I.e. STK for Xerri (we were supposedly interested in his draft year but took Schumacher in front of him, with TDK the ruckman much earlier).

Club review with the noted sloppy coaching setup prevailed for another chance for a few, which is turning out a good decision.

I think it has since come out he was playing injured.

People carry on as if Pittonet is in his early 30's who lumbers around being a journeyman with nothing more to give.

He was a project ruckman who debuted at 24, and is still only 25. He will keep improving the more he plays.

2 years was and is fine.

I wouldn't be rushing to trade Dow...I believe he will eventually be a gun, and what we would get for him would be a pittance

May be out of our hands. If he can't justifiably secure a spot in the senior side by the end of the season then he'll have suitors. If that's the case, then we just need to hope that his reserves form and occasional senior games are strong, and we can potentially get something in the vicinity of a late first (optimistic) or early second (more realistic) in return.

If he phones it in for the second half of the year it could be more similar to the SPS trade :(

Mind you, Young for SPS worked in our favour.

Last edited:
Realistically, this was never going to happen.

A good clubman who we clearly brought over with the intention of developing into our long-term number 1 ruck.

He's no superstar in that role, but he's proving to be very serviceable.

Newman is 29 with his best footy behind him.

Pittonet is still young and inexperienced for a ruck. He was never getting a one year deal, and a two year deal is hardly crippling.

There's a big difference between the two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. Either you’ve got a very short memory or you’re wildly overrating one of our own.

Stocker is a good young player, but he’s not at Williams’ level. Right now he’s not close.

TDK is a terrific prospect, but he’s a while off wreaking havoc on the rest of the competition.

Again, this is just wild optimism.

The point is pretty clear. We’ll have more than enough money for TDK without moving Williams on.

I suspect you’re grossly overstating how much TDK will command.

Players move off the list every year. We’ll likely clear over a million in salary at the end of the year alone.

Are we going to pretend the cap doesn’t increase year on year?

Or that we’ve spent the past few years front-ending contracts considerably to allow for further wriggle room?

You can mention it and it’s a valid discussion.

You’ve just chosen to ignore most of the facts in getting to your conclusion.

On stocker and williams, we can agree to disagree. It will come to fruition by seasons end and either I’ll be wrong or you’ll be wrong.

On TDK, he’s currently our forward and relief Ruck the same way Luke Jackson was last season for Melbourne. Now I’m not saying we are winning the premiership but you have to agree that, if we do have a finals run, then the perception of TDK around the league will change and clubs will come sniffing around the same way they are doing so with Jackson.

With the contract stuff, my point is that we’ve already seen 3 players blossom in this system who were down last season in setters, obi and Kennedy to some extent. so players like marchy, cunners and some others who are on a bit of coin will have a chance to blossom in it too. This will create salary problems when tdk, harry, Charlie, gov and kemp come out too. We already have massive deals on weiters, crippa, now Walsh, williams, saad and cerra.

So big decisions are going to have to be made eventually and if there’s a player from all the players I have mentioned that we should perhaps dangle around other clubs now before they come circling then it’s Williams for me. It could be someone else for you but the more successful we get the more clubs will come around the same way they came and dismantled our entire team from 2011 when we had cap issues then. Whether we front load and back load or restructure, it won’t matter when that one year comes and we won’t be able to manipulate the books anymore.

Delisted and rookied. So yes, once delisted you are a FA for life.

Thanks I wasn't too sure SOAP.
Just a grey area. Pretty sure rules were amended during Covid protocols allowing players to be placed directly on to rookie list. May not be regarded as a delisting. Splitting hairs, but was a risk free management tool.
OK Bam Bam is listed on article, so wishful thinking it would seem.

Didn't Pittonet miss the last 9 games last year with an ankle? Surely you take that into account when you judge his season.

On stocker and williams, we can agree to disagree. It will come to fruition by seasons end and either I’ll be wrong or you’ll be wrong.

On TDK, he’s currently our forward and relief Ruck the same way Luke Jackson was last season for Melbourne. Now I’m not saying we are winning the premiership but you have to agree that, if we do have a finals run, then the perception of TDK around the league will change and clubs will come sniffing around the same way they are doing so with Jackson.

With the contract stuff, my point is that we’ve already seen 3 players blossom in this system who were down last season in setters, obi and Kennedy to some extent. so players like marchy, cunners and some others who are on a bit of coin will have a chance to blossom in it too. This will create salary problems when tdk, harry, Charlie, gov and kemp come out too. We already have massive deals on weiters, crippa, now Walsh, williams, saad and cerra.

So big decisions are going to have to be made eventually and if there’s a player from all the players I have mentioned that we should perhaps dangle around other clubs now before they come circling then it’s Williams for me. It could be someone else for you but the more successful we get the more clubs will come around the same way they came and dismantled our entire team from 2011 when we had cap issues then. Whether we front load and back load or restructure, it won’t matter when that one year comes and we won’t be able to manipulate the books anymore.
Not sure how our team was dismantled after 2011? We started 2012 3 and 0 and we were one of the flag favourites then we hit the drug filled * in round 4.

Can't remember any significant player losses between the two seasons (apologies if incorrect)

My kingdom for a couple of KPPs
Going to be interesting. Not rocket science, we need to draft a KPD and acquire a key forward, perhaps even two. Ideally a youngster through the draft and a semi mature overager or listed player not getting opportunity.

The early phantom draft lists have Busslinger and not much else on exposed form as key defenders.

The club “oversubscribed” for young keys is actually North. Xerri basically assumed first ruck from Goldy already. Larkey the lead player. Recruited Callum Coleman-Jones from Tigers, perhaps with some off field baggage. Club loves Charlie Comben who has struggled with injury and is now in a logjam. Then there is prized mid season draft ruck forward Jacob Edwards.
Someone is going to miss out from that group.

The other interesting “mature” player is Jacob Koschitzke from the Hawks who looked the next big thing under Clarko. Recruited as a defender, promising as a forward, but played more ruck against our seconds. Was touted as a “Clarkson man” when all the carry on was happening last year. May be on the outer.

I am more than happy to go to the draft and run with Lewis Young and Oscar McDonald along with our “third talls”, but there needs to be a suitable player at our pick(s). Hopefully OMac does not experience ongoing back issues going forward. These next two drafts will be critical to fill holes and add better balance to our list. The right additions will all but ensure a dynasty for a decade or more.

Going to be interesting. Not rocket science, we need to draft a KPD and acquire a key forward, perhaps even two. Ideally a youngster through the draft and a semi mature overager or listed player not getting opportunity.

The early phantom draft lists have Busslinger and not much else on exposed form as key defenders.

The club “oversubscribed” for young keys is actually North. Xerri basically assumed first ruck from Goldy already. Larkey the lead player. Recruited Callum Coleman-Jones from Tigers, perhaps with some off field baggage. Club loves Charlie Comben who has struggled with injury and is now in a logjam. Then there is prized mid season draft ruck forward Jacob Edwards.
Someone is going to miss out from that group.

The other interesting “mature” player is Jacob Koschitzke from the Hawks who looked the next big thing under Clarko. Recruited as a defender, promising as a forward, but played more ruck against our seconds. Was touted as a “Clarkson man” when all the carry on was happening last year. May be on the outer.

I am more than happy to go to the draft and run with Lewis Young and Oscar McDonald along with our “third talls”, but there needs to be a suitable player at our pick(s). Hopefully OMac does not experience ongoing back issues going forward. These next two drafts will be critical to fill holes and add better balance to our list. The right additions will all but ensure a dynasty for a decade or more.

Unless it's a reach and or overpaying trade wise, I would target 3 talls. A KPD, KPP and a KPF/Ruckman

We have plenty mids, flankers, 3rd talls

Unless it's a reach and or overpaying trade wise, I would target 3 talls. A KPD, KPP and a KPF/Ruckman

We have plenty mids, flankers, 3rd talls
A forward/ruck would be ideal, but not essential. I have little doubt Mirkov will be a player next season. We will have a three way battle for ruck spots. We also have Young and even OMac who are capable or better. JSOS still that chop out option. A young forward ruck would be a good investment and there are a couple of prospects. Some think the Cats will court TDK, Pitto may consider options if he loses the battle for number one. Another developing type would make excellent sense.

We are a bit at the mercy of what emerges for the draft. So far looking like another midfield and flanker dominated version, with a couple of potential high end talls. We have similar views what is required, but we need to ensure that we take quality long term pieces rather than grabbing a wildly speculative type or a compromise option.

Failing to see how wanting a different selection is tantamount to hatred. That's an unhealthy perspective.

Debatable given TDK's finish to the season. One year deal should have been the low-risk play given the rate of improvement for both TDK and Mirkov.
I think it has since come out he was playing injured.

People carry on as if Pittonet is in his early 30's who lumbers around being a journeyman with nothing more to give.

He was a project ruckman who debuted at 24, and is still only 25. He will keep improving the more he plays.

2 years was and is fine.
Not a project ruckman at all? Drafted in the 50s by the Hawks back in 2014 straight out of the U18s:

I was a fan of him back then because his athletic package and read of the game looked good, and he was a deft tap of the ball. Dunno what happened to him during his time at the Hawks, but he became flat-footed and it hasn't changed much. Still a good tap, just doesn't get over the top of opponents now, nor really attack the ball in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back