Malcolm Turnbull - How long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Turnbull moves around gas, surely likely to add some popularity. Thoughts?

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-...strictions-to-halve-electricity-price/8475676
When you have to retract 2 hours later it doesn't do you good.

Looking at it as a 'clicker' not many would care. Because its a story about offshore gas. Those who see the half price electricity will see through that quicker than glass. We have been told that so many times we are cynical.

It doesn't even work on the Keep Australia Gassed Again level. It will be a non-issue by Sunday

Bill Shorten picked up a point today. Yesterday Turnbull was saying gas prices will be halved, today he is saying they wont be halved.

Reminds me of the election when O'Dwyer said house prices will rise with the scrapping of NG and MT saying home values will fall if NG is scrapped.

Seriously, this lot are a bunch of inept clowns. Now we have good debt, but it was bad debt when we had a budget emergency when Abbott was voted in. Seriously stop treating the public as fools you idiots!

Bill Shorten picked up a point today. Yesterday Turnbull was saying gas prices will be halved, today he is saying they wont be halved.

Reminds me of the election when O'Dwyer said house prices will rise with the scrapping of NG and MT saying home values will fall if NG is scrapped.

Seriously, this lot are a bunch of inept clowns.
Remember when Howard said interest rates would always be lower under the Liberal Party, and people actually believed him.

Conflict in Korea could be interesting for Turnbull too. Inotice our foreign policy has swiveled now to a Trumpian world view, but it's difficult to imagine that getting involved would be very popular.

We have no choice but to get involved.

We are not bound by any treaty for war, including ANZUS, other the Korean War treaties.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Latham would had been a worse PM than Abbott and that's saying something.

Latham has mental health issues, I am sure of that.

sadly, I remember reading 60% of our politicians have mental health issues.

It makes you question what type of person is attracted to a career in politics. Or alternatively the pressure on politics. My guess a bit of both where by nature they aren't steady as you go types, rather highly motivated and highly strung individuals needing the attention. This helps them "put themselves out there" but also makes them vulnerable to the downs.

The time away from families, long days and the relentless heckling must take its toll.

For me it suggests there is something very wrong with the system when 60% of any organisation has mental health issues. It isn't normal, it isn't healthy and it is not effective.

sadly, I remember reading 60% of our politicians have mental health issues.

It makes you question what type of person is attracted to a career in politics. Or alternatively the pressure on politics. My guess a bit of both where by nature they aren't steady as you go types, rather highly motivated and highly strung individuals needing the attention. This helps them "put themselves out there" but also makes them vulnerable to the downs.

The time away from families, long days and the relentless heckling must take its toll.

For me it suggests there is something very wrong with the system when 60% of any organisation has mental health issues. It isn't normal, it isn't healthy and it is not effective.
I always liked Douglas Addams take on it -
"It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job".

I almost feel sorry for Mal, he's clearly having to fight on two fronts, have two separate strategies etc. Must be exhausting.

Which is the wrong move considering that the polls clearly were telling Turnbull "ditch the right wing nutters and we'll back you". He has refused to read the tea leaves and has now hooked his flag to right wing mast (hence his current polling predicament).

Labor look like they may have actually learned from their last time in government, which is more than you can say for the Libs. He may present as a touch dull, but Shorten has been a very good opposition leader, he almost bought down a first term government, and is on course for a good win if things keep going the way they are. All this while eschewing the attack dog mentality that has plagued politics for a while now, and focusing on developing policy.

He'll swing whichever way the winds blowing on anything Gough, I think we all know that.

More than happy if he proves me wrong.

What are the chances that Turnbull never particularly believed in those 'lefty' issues? Does the fact he has been so ready to sacrifice it all to be PM suggest that maybe it was like a business 'green-washing' to make themselves look good? He builds profile on the Republic before trying to join Labor. He then joins the Liberals - another warning sign that it might be about his ambitions, instead of those causes? I understand he has to be realistic and the Liberals have been too right-wing for a long time, but his rage last election when he almost lost suggested that he thought talking about lefty issues, while doing bugger all about them, was enough to get him easily re-elected.
There's still a large part of my being that would have liked Latham as PM just for the lols.
It would've been very different, surely? I still see his current behaviour as the fall-out from that loss. He reminds me of so many blokes (especially older ones, e.g. Trump) who think they have all the answers, but react badly when given a chance to show that they don't. His ego took a big blow, and he is lashing out at anyone he can blame for that. Labor 1st and then when he lost media jobs off the back of outrage, he embraced the online/right who generate mountains of outrage while complaining about outrage. He wants to be seen as smart again, and the only ones who will say that now are the online/right.

What are the chances that Turnbull never particularly believed in those 'lefty' issues? Does the fact he has been so ready to sacrifice it all to be PM suggest that maybe it was like a business 'green-washing' to make themselves look good? He builds profile on the Republic before trying to join Labor. He then joins the Liberals - another warning sign that it might be about his ambitions, instead of those causes? I understand he has to be realistic and the Liberals have been too right-wing for a long time, but his rage last election when he almost lost suggested that he thought talking about lefty issues, while doing bugger all about them, was enough to get him easily re-elected.

It would've been very different, surely? I still see his current behaviour as the fall-out from that loss. He reminds me of so many blokes (especially older ones, e.g. Trump) who think they have all the answers, but react badly when given a chance to show that they don't. His ego took a big blow, and he is lashing out at anyone he can blame for that. Labor 1st and then when he lost media jobs off the back of outrage, he embraced the online/right who generate mountains of outrage while complaining about outrage. He wants to be seen as smart again, and the only ones who will say that now are the online/right.

https://newmatilda.com/2016/03/03/t...-progressive-malcolm-myth-that-just-wont-die/

Progressive Malcolm is a myth. Malcolm does what is in the best interests of Malcolm. Much like Trump. They have both been on each side of almost every issue. In the end they say what they think people want to hear as long as it furthers their own position.

Once upon a time, I thought Turnbull had some guts to be able to stand up to the bullies and extremists in his Party and say to them that they are not Liberals but extremists! Now, Turnbull makes me vomit. He has absolutely no credibility.

If further proof were needed, he was kept waiting by the lunatic Trump because Trump wanted to be in the Congress to see his sociopaths tear up Obama's attempt to bring health care to the poor and the needy and when the offensive mongrel finally showed up, Turnbull congratulated him on winning the vote!!

This is the same imposter who criticised the ALP on election night in his acceptance speech over it's so called "Mediscare" campaign. This reprobate believes and has always believed that Medicare is wrong and if he does what is expected he will do tomorrow night, then not even his mate, Dr. Micheal Gannon, you know, the jerk that is supposed to be out there fighting for the GP's but instead got into bed with Malcolm on election eve, not even he will be able to save his Malcolm's bacon.

Turnbull made me feel so sick in the guts when he congratulated the turnip POTUS.

Such a sycophantic a-hole was Trumble.

Turnbull has no positions on anything. He'll just go where the political winds take him. The Republic was just Mal's personal vehicle to launch his political career. He has shown since he couldn't give a toss whether we were a Republic or not. Climate change he has completely done a 180 on. Gay marriage he is now indifferent to. Plus many other issues.

Turnbull has no positions on anything. He'll just go where the political winds take him. The Republic was just Mal's personal vehicle to launch his political career. He has shown since he couldn't give a toss whether we were a Republic or not. Climate change he has completely done a 180 on. Gay marriage he is now indifferent to. Plus many other issues.
He did a job on Keating as well. After Turnbull got rolled by the Abbott degenerates over Turnbull's climate change policies, Keating commented that, "Turnbull had an articulated, intellectual, moderate, thought-out conservative position." "The fact is that Abbott does not have this.".

That Turnbull, if he ever existed, certainly doesn't exist now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back