Malcolm Turnbull - How long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like Turnbull has bought time. He was due to be sacked in May but that is no longer on the cards
I've been hearing that from Libs including one backbencher since before the election, it's just right wing f*** heads shooting their mouth off. Turnbull is no good, but the alternatives are considerably worse though.

I've been hearing that from Libs including one backbencher since before the election, it's just right wing f*** heads shooting their mouth off. Turnbull is no good, but the alternatives are considerably worse though.

This was from a moderate with others in the room. I raised my eyebrows when it was explained "he has been meeting targets".

It was also accepted the next federal election will be a defeat, as such, I'm thinking dutton and morrison will bide their time for 3 or four years. This makes more sense than "meeting targets".

Who could they possibly replace him with? Abbott was a wingnut, but the Liberals always had the option of replacing him with the more "moderate" Turnbull. They've got no safe, moderate fall-back option now. There does not seem to be anyone in the Coalition who isn't an inept irresponsible sociopath, and everyone is sick of them.

The political news cycle has quieted, so the pressure is off somewhat, but the polling still looks dire. The main reason not to move against him is the simple fact that the other major contenders are polling worse as options. Bishop is probably the only one to have a positive image, but she would likely be exposed very quickly.

The political news cycle has quieted, so the pressure is off somewhat, but the polling still looks dire. The main reason not to move against him is the simple fact that the other major contenders are polling worse as options. Bishop is probably the only one to have a positive image, but she would likely be exposed very quickly.
How does the polling look dire? PM's and major political parties have had way worse polling then this since I have noticed in the late 1980's. There is nothing dire about it. 47-53 and low approval rates can change in no time. Last I looked Shorten's was worse and he is supposed to be a certainty at the next election. Btw, that is over 2 years away. Heaps can change even before the next financial year. Turdbull is too centered for my liking. As soon as he shifts slightly right and portrays this consistently, you fellas will have a coronary as the polls go askew for Shorten.

How does the polling look dire? PM's and major political parties have had way worse polling then this since I have noticed in the late 1980's. There is nothing dire about it. 47-53 and low approval rates can change in no time. Last I looked Shorten's was worse and he is supposed to be a certainty at the next election. Btw, that is over 2 years away. Heaps can change even before the next financial year. Turdbull is too centered for my liking. As soon as he shifts slightly right and portrays this consistently, you fellas will have a coronary as the polls go askew for Shorten.
I hope he goes right too, will guarantee a bigger loss at the election. As for polling, he's on track to match Abbott's number of consecutive polls lagging behind someone who is also apparently on the nose (and with the possible exception of Beazley vs Howard, the Opposition Leader always trails PM's as preferred PM simply because of the incumbency factor). But yes, two years is a long way away and this budget is probably even more crucial than last year's in terms of job security for him.

Complete rubbish. His predecessor 'shifted right' and look what happened to him in the polls.

Turnbull gave the party a boost in the polls after knifing Abbott precisely because people believed he was bringing the party back to the centre. Now people have figured out he hasnt and wont the polls are heading back to pre coup levels.

You really are dreaming if you think that if the Liberals go further right that the polls will go bad for the ALP. I'm sorry but you are as delusional as Tony Abbott in thinking that he has a shot at being PM again.

Turnbull in his first stint as OL was more centrist, but Abbott and his cronies shifted the party further to the right. For Mal to topple Tones, he had to agree to the terms and conditions of the far right of the Liberal party. Mal's biggest desire in life was to be PM, so he sold his soul to the devils of the far right and they shook hands on the deal. The Liberals are a far right party and if they go any further to the right they would fall off the spectrum.

Menzies was center-right, this current party is nothing of the center-right party that Menzies envisaged. They are far right and their nasty and evil policies almost border on fascism.

I hope they go further to the right, they will get a bigger spanking than that they are going to get in 2 years time. Only a fool will believe that this current crop of fools and idiots will be elected for a third turn. The only way they have a chance is to move towards the center again and shelve their destructive policies that are hurting ordinary Australian families for the benefit of greedy millionaires.

Literally the only thing in the LNPs favour is that Turnbull is still more popular than Shorten.

Replace him and the LNP will have a catstrophic election, instead of just a really bad one.

You really are dreaming if you think that if the Liberals go further right that the polls will go bad for the ALP. I'm sorry but you are as delusional as Tony Abbott in thinking that he has a shot at being PM again.

Turnbull in his first stint as OL was more centrist, but Abbott and his cronies shifted the party further to the right. For Mal to topple Tones, he had to agree to the terms and conditions of the far right of the Liberal party. Mal's biggest desire in life was to be PM, so he sold his soul to the devils of the far right and they shook hands on the deal. The Liberals are a far right party and if they go any further to the right they would fall off the spectrum.

Menzies was center-right, this current party is nothing of the center-right party that Menzies envisaged. They are far right and their nasty and evil policies almost border on fascism.

I hope they go further to the right, they will get a bigger spanking than that they are going to get in 2 years time. Only a fool will believe that this current crop of fools and idiots will be elected for a third turn. The only way they have a chance is to move towards the center again and shelve their destructive policies that are hurting ordinary Australian families for the benefit of greedy millionaires.
Far right. Geez you are funny. We have people like Gough, who is that far Left, liking your post. This is an obvious sign that this site is bordering on the extreme left fringe of Labor.

Complete rubbish. His predecessor 'shifted right' and look what happened to him in the polls.

Turnbull gave the party a boost in the polls after knifing Abbott precisely because people believed he was bringing the party back to the centre. Now people have figured out he hasnt and wont the polls are heading back to pre coup levels.
No one outside of looney land believes that Abbott was unpopular or sacked because he shifted the party to the right. He got the boot because he was unstable.

Far right. Geez you are funny. We have people like Gough, who is that far Left, liking your post. This is an obvious sign that this site is bordering on the extreme left fringe of Labor.

As a matter of interest, do you still support the Fed Govt?

And the proper answer isn't "the ALP/Shorten are worse"

The Turnbull govt is worst I've seen in over 40 years, and that's saying a lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a matter of interest, do you still support the Fed Govt?

And the proper answer isn't "the ALP/Shorten are worse"

The Turnbull govt is worst I've seen in over 40 years, and that's saying a lot.
No I don't. However, I will still vote for them while there is no viable alternative.
The Turdbull government isn't ad bad as the Abbott or Gillard government's. Even better than Krudd.

The extreme left fringe of the ALP are still capitalists. So basically somewhere around the centre.

No one outside of looney land believes that Abbott was unpopular or sacked because he shifted the party to the right. He got the boot because he was unstable.
Abbott was unstable, unpopular, and a complete nutcase and he shifted the party to the far right.

Me thinks you are out of touch when it comes to the political spectrum. The LNP are far right, like it or not.

If there was a vote on it, the majority would say it was far right. Gough I see as left of center, I see you as far right.

Hawke and my favourite politician Mr. Paul Keating took the ALP to the center with their policies and maybe a little towards the right. Howard took the LNP further to the right and Abbott and his merry band of idiots took it even further to the right.

Edit: Speaking about PJK, was just on his Twitter account, another gold comment from the master: Has our Foreign Policy become so aimless that parroting the ginga ninja is now considered our best response?

Last edited:

Wrong again as usual, his polling was absolutely dire. His approval rating was at 24% which puts him in the running to be one of the most unpopular PM's ever. The ONLY reason he got rolled was because he was leading the government to disaster and the party panicked and wanted to save their own hides.

The 2014 Budget was a right wing conservative IPA stooge's wet dream. Cuts to everything, rolling back universal healthcare (Medicare co-payment), making people wait to get Newstart benefits, attacking education and HECS, defunding secular school counsellors and only funding religious counsellors, big increases to military spending, cuts to the public broadcasters, cuts to indigenous programs and cuts to science funding.

If that is not the government lurching to the right on everything then you are honestly living in fairyland mate.

Never a good sign when you have to attack someone for " liking a post "......you're better than that.
Saw the Medusala Virus :tm: do the same thing on here once , i wasn't surprised when he did it

No I don't. However, I will still vote for them while there is no viable alternative.
The Turdbull government isn't ad bad as the Abbott or Gillard government's. Even better than Krudd.

Turnbull government is worse than the Abbott government. But Turnbull himself is leagues above Abbott. We don't vote the individual. The individual can shape the party though. Wouldn't help either Turnbulll or Abbott - as they are both very selfish. Personally I will vote Labor. I think a Labor party - in the short term - is best for the right in the long term. The right need to get more conservative. I do not believe the small L liberals belong anywhere near a conservative party. Hopefully another Labor government will be enough to push the right towards a more conservative approach. All the small L Liberals do in that party is drag it to the centre. The small L Liberals belong on the left.

The right need to get more conservative.

They need to get more conservative in the old sense: caution, careful planning, and responsibility. What we're currently seeing from "conservative" governments the world over is irresponsible yeehaw wingnuttery. There seem to be very few politicians right of center these days who give even the slightest indication that they know what they're doing. It's bad for everyone.

The 2014 Budget was a right wing conservative IPA stooge's wet dream. Cuts to everything, rolling back universal healthcare (Medicare co-payment), making people wait to get Newstart benefits, attacking education and HECS, defunding secular school counsellors and only funding religious counsellors, big increases to military spending, cuts to the public broadcasters, cuts to indigenous programs and cuts to science funding.

The 2014 budget was the last time any federal government ever, ever will attempt serious structural economic reform for this country.
Roll on the CFMEU rust bucket era of the permanent Blackouts beloved of Big Footy. :D:D:D:D

Abbott was unstable, unpopular, and a complete nutcase and he shifted the party to the far right.

Me thinks you are out of touch when it comes to the political spectrum. The LNP are far right, like it or not.

If there was a vote on it, the majority would say it was far right. Gough I see as left of center, I see you as far right.

Hawke and my favourite politician Mr. Paul Keating took the ALP to the center with their policies and maybe a little towards the right. Howard took the LNP further to the right and Abbott and his merry band of idiots took it even further to the right.

Edit: Speaking about PJK, was just on his Twitter account, another gold comment from the master: Has our Foreign Policy become so aimless that parroting the ginga ninja is now considered our best response?
Wrong again as usual, his polling was absolutely dire. His approval rating was at 24% which puts him in the running to be one of the most unpopular PM's ever. The ONLY reason he got rolled was because he was leading the government to disaster and the party panicked and wanted to save their own hides.

If that is not the government lurching to the right on everything then you are honestly living in fairyland mate.
Yes, I worded that poorly. I meant to say that he was sacked because he was unstable. This caused him to be unpopular. Not for shifting the party to the right.

They need to get more conservative in the old sense: caution, careful planning, and responsibility. What we're currently seeing from "conservative" governments the world over is irresponsible yeehaw wingnuttery. There seem to be very few politicians right of center these days who give even the slightest indication that they know what they're doing. It's bad for everyone.

Well most of the old Labor style parties became neoliberals in the 70s and 80s so the conservative parties followed suit and wrnt further right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back