Many Geelong fans posting here-You are spoiled rotten and ungrateful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probbly the usual expectation that the young players needs to be AA right off the bat

I’m more than happy with the potential some of the young players have displayed, it will come together sooner rather than later.

I’m really over those two particular posters and their bleak outlook on the team/youth

The way some posters are talking about the team/youth we might as well just pack it in and not turn up ever again.
I gotta a bit of a bleak outlook after 2019/20 but it doesn't bother me.
I enjoy all years preety much the same. For some reason the most enjoyable years I had going to the footy were early 2000's.
I expect next season to be preety much the same as this but watching Ablett is gonna give me a hell of a lot of enjoyment and am looking forward to it.
Like most others I reckon even if really negative it doesn't mean there's no enjoyment to be had.

Who will this new coach be?
How do I know and I don't have a say in it.

Who was CS before we picked him and who was Bevridge before Bullies picked him and I can say that for many more, as long as they pick who they think is best at the time and I'll judge them after a few years but I ain't judging a 1st year coach on any achievements in his first season wether good or bad because that won't be a true reflection.

it's topping up

a rebuild is when you specifically go for youth over oldies and drop down the ladder because of it

if only the team got medals for finishing top 4, the last 6 years would have been very successful

A rebuild is when you turn over your list significantly, a top up is adding ontop of what Yu have. You have a calculator to figure this out. 17/22.

There are only five players remaining from when he arrived at the club.

A premiership medal, 3PF finishes, missing the top 8 only once. Greatest win loss percentage of all time for any coach, while completely rebuilding an entire list. We must be close to turning over more of our best 22 than any other side in the AFL. Would be interesting to see how many we have turned over compared to other sides.

Has there ever been a rebuild like it in AFL history?

We are freakishly defeating the AFL equalisation policies of the AFL.

A freakishly talented coach and one of the AFL’s best.

As long as C Scott is coach, the club won’t bottom out and will always be competing for a flag

We are never competing for a flag!!!!!

As most of the tools on this board like to put it, we overachieve and make finals but then bomb out in the finals because we can't overachieve in them. In other words he will never guide another side to an AFL flag if he has to put it together and develop it himself.

I'd love to know how a side with Dangerfield, Selwood, Duncan, Hawkins, Taylor, Lonergan, Mackie, Henderson, Tuohy, and Menzel can actually overachieve to make finals.

As for not bottoming out, that's absolutely true. We haven't under Scott, and he deserves credit for that. But so do Malcolm Blight, Gary Ayres, and Mark Thompson. Because we didn't bottom out under them either and haven't since 1986. Even then it was only one season and you'd have to go back to the early 1970s for successive seasons of true crapness.

How do I know and I don't have a say in it.

Who was CS before we picked him and who was Bevridge before Bullies picked him and I can say that for many more, as long as they pick who they think is best at the time and I'll judge them after a few years but I ain't judging a 1st year coach on any achievements in his first season wether good or bad because that won't be a true reflection.
I'll rephrase the question: Who do you want to be the next coach?

if we aren't the best team anymore why do we keep topping up and why does the coach not plan for the future?

Why plan for the future? You can top up as long as there are free agents wanting to come to the club. Stick with those who have proven themselves. You can just keep topping up forever, and when someone retires, bring in another free agent or two. By doing this, and constantly making finals, we will jag a flag sooner or later.

I would rather bring in Dangerfield, Ablett, Henderson, Zac Smith, Scotty Sel, and Touhy than no-name unproven kids who are all potential and no proven form.

Don't be like that, it will all turn around in 2020.

We'll have a new coach that will give us direction and development that we lack now, good times will be had again.

Cool... seeing the next 2 seasons are a foregone conclusion no further input from you on this topic will be required.

See you in 2020.

Go Catters

what happened in 2015 then? no dangerfield?

Minor glitch in what otherwise has been a freakishly Unheard of post premiership champion team rebuild.

Every other side that has a golden era in the days of AFL and equalisation falls into a basket case after their years. Scott not only revived them and pinched a flag, he had kept them up the top of the ladder.

Remind me what happened to Brisbane Essendon West Coast Collingwood St Kilda after all their flag stints? Let’s see how hawthorn goes over the next 6 years. I bet anything hawthorn won’t be seeing another flag in that period.

The tough job of transitioning out is proven by history to be a very tough assignment for any coach, Look at the massive holes teams go into after a prolonged period of success.

Clarkson has stated he wants hawthorn to go down the same path as Geelong and use Scott’s model for sustained success.

The guy is simply a brilliant coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed. I don't think the Richmond team is an exceptional generational team but they're much better than the worst ever.

Let’s put some of the Richmond did it so we can idea into perspective too.

Yes we can do what Richmond did, but we will also need the tremendous luck Richmond had as well.

Unlike us, Richmond had nobody who was a first year player, everyone was at least 3 years into the AFL system.

Richmond had just about the most perfect injury run I have seen. Most weeks their injury list had 0 on it. Compare this to our injury list which was 10+ for big chunks of the year.

With some of oir quality kids another year older, and an injury list much like Richmond’s of 2017, we can definitely do the same.

Do people honestly think if Richmond has oir injury list that they would have won the flag?

They would have had all their small forwards wiped out for the season, and Trent Cotchin finished for the second half with a ankle issue.

Do people think they would have had the same fortunes?

I don’t think so

Richmond had just about the most perfect injury run I have seen. Most weeks their injury list had 0 on it. Compare this to our injury list which was 10+ for big chunks of the year.
Does anyone else get sick and tired of our supporters pulling out the injury card? Every ******* year you all complain and make excuses about how much bad luck we have had with injuries. Maybe its because our club has a habit of holding onto injury prone players way way too long and recruiting players with known injuries.. Not only that all these so called injured players would are in no way A-grade and their contribution is less than 100%

I'll rephrase the question: Who do you want to be the next coach?
None of the current coaches do anything for me even though there are a few who could go on and win flags but that doesn't include CS.

So if it were right now i would give one of these a go

Brett Kirk
Ben Rutten
Adem Yze

If it is in 2/3 years i would include these

James Podsiadly
Ryan O'Keefe
Steve Johnson not sure if 2/3 years will be enough but he just seems like he'd be a natural

Does anyone else get sick and tired of our supporters pulling out the injury card? Every ******* year you all complain and make excuses about how much bad luck we have had with injuries. Maybe its because our club has a habit of holding onto injury prone players way way too long and recruiting players with known injuries.. Not only that all these so called injured players would are in no way A-grade and their contribution is less than 100%

Not stating anywhere they are stars, they do deserve judgment to be held back until they at least get a crack at it.

Was Richmond a team chocked full of stars? No, what they had was the cleanest run with injuries for a season I have ever seen a club have. Most weeks they had 0 injured on their list. We had 10+ regularly.

Could have Richmond won the flag if all their pressure king small forwards spent the year out? As well as Cotchin out with sekwoods ankle issues second half?

I think most would agree the answer is no.

Luck had a lot to do with their flag.

Since I have gotten our predictions right each year of a top four finish and prelim, and you have gotten all your predictions wrong, I can comfortably place myself above yourself when it comes to predicting and guessing
Oh and my only real prediction over the years has been he will never win another flag, think i'm doing alright with it.

Did he develop those players?

Interesting this and just illustrates 10* how brilliant a tactician he is.

Inherited an absolutely shot cooked group of players. Never has been a bigger embarrassment of a final then that prelim in 10. We lost Garry Ablett which is like us now losing Dangerfield.

He turned us around to win the premiership.

Shows he is without a doubt an A grade tactical coach, pure and simple as can be.

We wouldn’t have won that under anyone besides Scott Clarkson or possibly Lyon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back