• Mayweather

Votes: 118 63.4%
  • Mcgregor

Votes: 30 16.1%
  • Rigged draw for inevitable rematch.

Votes: 38 20.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mcregegor looks good. Good movement, angles, technique etc. Those bags are heavier than they look, and he would be heavy into his training camp so would be a bit drained too. I can tell by the power. He's got far more, but the diet/training/weight cut does take that away from you.

All in all I like what I see. He's come along way from that s**t he dished up in his early sparring. Looked like a 1800's bare knuckle boxing gypsy.

Floyd is a different beast to anyone McGregor has sparred. Floyd's sparring partners all note that he makes them pay for neglecting their basics. If they do even the slightest thing wrong - he punishes them. Floyd is going to do some serious punishing to McGregor, who not only neglects his basics, but he is a converted south paw. He has never had to box on the inside, but anyone who knows boxing knows that if you convert your stance - you are weaker on the inside. You may have a better jab (being your dominant hand, and lead hook, but you'll be weaker on the inside). I doubt McGregor's back hand (left hand) is all that it is cranked up to be either. He may he KO'd Aldo, but he wasn't rocking Diaz, and he hit him at will, and with a lot of hard shots. The only good thing about this fight is that McGregor's stand up should be even more improved when he heads back to MMA.

He may he KO'd Aldo, but he wasn't rocking Diaz, and he hit him at will, and with a lot of hard shots
He droped Diaz three times... While he doesn't have one hitter quitter power, it's his accuracy and volume that puts guys away. Doubt that is all that helpful against someone whose best skill is making people miss.. although it might be more helpful than someone who loads up with everything.

He droped Diaz three times... While he doesn't have one hitter quitter power, it's his accuracy and volume that puts guys away. Doubt that is all that helpful against someone whose best skill is making people miss.. although it might be more helpful than someone who loads up with everything.

I get what you are saying - but I disagree. I have always believed it would take a great punch to beat Floyd. Shane Mosley nearly KO'd Mayweather. He nearly KO'd him twice (in the same round). The legs went. Floyd recovers so quickly that I don't see an accumulator beating him. His senses always seem to be there. In the first Maidana fight - Maidana was using his elbow (over and over again - especially in the first two rounds), yet Mayweather kept his senses. He was rattled physically, but he stayed calm mentally. I think it will take a thudding shot to KO Floyd. He is rarely caught flush, but when Mosley did catch him flush he nearly ended it IMO. He should have followed up. We haven't seen Mayweather like that again. Not many boxers possess the power of Mosley. Golovkin does. Not many have a thudding punch. McGregor doesn't. Not without gloves, so its unlikely he will carry more power with gloves. Then there is the problem of McGregor landing flush. I would think its unlikely. Floyd says he is going to take the fight to Connor. If that is the case then Connor may land a punch during this fight.

I get what you are saying - but I disagree. I have always believed it would take a great punch to beat Floyd. Shane Mosley nearly KO'd Mayweather. He nearly KO'd him twice (in the same round). The legs went. Floyd recovers so quickly that I don't see an accumulator beating him. His senses always seem to be there. In the first Maidana fight - Maidana was using his elbow (over and over again - especially in the first two rounds), yet Mayweather kept his senses. He was rattled physically, but he stayed calm mentally. I think it will take a thudding shot to KO Floyd. He is rarely caught flush, but when Mosley did catch him flush he nearly ended it IMO. He should have followed up. We haven't seen Mayweather like that again. Not many boxers possess the power of Mosley. Golovkin does. Not many have a thudding punch. McGregor doesn't. Not without gloves, so its unlikely he will carry more power with gloves. Then there is the problem of McGregor landing flush. I would think its unlikely. Floyd says he is going to take the fight to Connor. If that is the case then Connor may land a punch during this fight.
I wasnt disagreeing with you. Just pointing out he dropped Diaz.

I don't think conor stands much of a chance knocking Floyd out. Whether from a big shot or volume.

Also Floyd is the master of honey dicking people into thinking his opponent stands a chance lol he is as much of a chance going after Conor and throwing his normal game out the window, as he is fighting Conor in the cage. And he has said both.

Oh my... Wouldn't call it a full on knock down, but it definately isn't push down .. either way, doesn't look good for Paulie's account of proceedings

Also

So the holding a blokes head down with one hand while punching him with the other is going to earn him plenty of deductions and a potential DQ

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good catch on Maidana fight. I will add though, at the end of the 5th or 6th his eye was closed, he did seem rattled, even if he didn't display it that much. But he was affected. He said himself he couldn't see. But his corner did well to keep him calm, and immediately he settled down. And yes, despite this, he was calm-ish, where other fighters may have panicked big time. His calmness and cool head is what separates him from the others.

His version of being rattled is saying " I can't see " a couple of times haha.

Very cool calm and collected character. You have to be in boxing and fighting if you want to be the best.

Floyd is a different beast to anyone McGregor has sparred. Floyd's sparring partners all note that he makes them pay for neglecting their basics. If they do even the slightest thing wrong - he punishes them. Floyd is going to do some serious punishing to McGregor, who not only neglects his basics, but he is a converted south paw. He has never had to box on the inside, but anyone who knows boxing knows that if you convert your stance - you are weaker on the inside. You may have a better jab (being your dominant hand, and lead hook, but you'll be weaker on the inside). I doubt McGregor's back hand (left hand) is all that it is cranked up to be either. He may he KO'd Aldo, but he wasn't rocking Diaz, and he hit him at will, and with a lot of hard shots. The only good thing about this fight is that McGregor's stand up should be even more improved when he heads back to MMA.
Don't get that post wrong. I'm merely saying CM has come along way. He has no chance against Mayweather and wouldn't even beat the likes of has beens Green and Mundine.

Anthony Hasbeen.
Danny Hasbeen.

Good ring to it.

are people seriuosly thinking that Connor can win this? Put aside the trash talk. You've got the best in the world up against an amateur lol. Id love Connor to punch Floyds jaw into orbit but it aint going to happen.

are people seriuosly thinking that Connor can win this? Put aside the trash talk. You've got the best in the world up against an amateur lol. Id love Connor to punch Floyds jaw into orbit but it aint going to happen.
Probably not but connor is very convincing when he talks. Love his confidence

he's confident but it's all to sell and generate publicity and get more people watching. It's all an act. For people to not only not know this, but believe it, shows how dumb people are.

It's BUSINESS. He's promoting it, he's selling it. He knows he has no chance, almost everyone with half a brain knows this, but he's selling the product generating hype and publicity and people as always are dumb enough to buy into it.

Even without the hype, the fight would be a sell out and PPV would sell a s**t load. But how many more sheep have brought into the Mcgregor hype and talk, showmanship and now think he can win? A s**t load. So that's now a s**t load more money that they wouldn't have otherwise got because people are gullible.

He's smart, a businessman and crafty. On the flip side, people are so stupid to buy into it, and buy into what he says. It's merely a show. One that will come crashing down when he gets owned but he doesn't care as he has and will pocket big time.

Something so obvious yet for many they can't see it.

People are sheep.

Floyd did fk up. He never should have talked the "monkey" bs, and he never should have talked the white vs black stuff. That's just mo tho. Floyd prob knows that Conor didn't say that stuff....but Floyd's smart af too, prob just selling ppv.

To be fair to Floyd, after the LA and Toronto press conferences, he downplayed any racism with the 'dance for me boy' remarks. And Conor did that twice. He played down all racism if you watch any of the media scrums.

He only started mentioning it in New York. And Conor certainly didn't help himself in the New York one.

The 'dancing monkeys' was a poor reference to the movie and he probably regrets using that reference when he probably could have used others to figure out the movie.

Conor also called Floyd 'a malteser with eyeballs'. That has never attracted any attention.

Also, Floyd's ex Josie Harris detested McGregor for the CJ Watson jersey, inferring it was glorifying the incident as she was used as a prop.

So Conor has been using selective information to try paint himself in a good light here.

Back