MCG tenants on Grand Final day

Remove this Banner Ad

You're the one spamming a thread on big footy. Im just giving you s**t for it because its funny. That doesn't make me a child.

Generally children get upset and have a sook when things dont go their way. You seem to be doing a lot of crying, whinging and sooking in this thread. Are you a slightly below average intelligence 12 year old?
No your use of language makes you sound like one. Please dont be offended, you have a gift.

People feel smarter when you post.

No evidence that the MCG is providing an unfair advantage to MCG tenant clubs.
Yep no evidence at all, you’re right.

That is if you want to ignore countless studies into hga and the contributing factors which account for it. All of which are still present in a grand final, including crowds, travel and ground familiarity. No evidence at all

No your use of language makes you sound like one. Please dont be offended, you have a gift.

People feel smarter when you post.

Says the one sooking on BF about a contract that has been signed and cannot be changed. :drunk: :drunk: You're the one whinging, im just giving you s**t for it. Dont be a soft****. You bring it on yourself so take it.

Like i said, children whinge when things dont go their way. You are a child. Please dont be offended, you're special. :drunk::drunk:

So in 2018 when West Coast played Collingwood in the GF, the "Collingwooooooood" chant didnt ring out over the ground several times over the course of the game? Especially during the first quarter when we were getting done and the last quarter when Collingwood kicked the first 2? F*ck me I must need to get my hearing checked then, because that NEVER should have even happened with a totally 50/50 split crowd...
The Colllliingwwwoooodd chant rings out over all grounds

Here it is in Sydney

Facts dont work mate. They're too dumb.
Here’s some facts for you

Read the article, involving people who deal with facts for a living. Also take into consideration that vic clubs have recieved more free kicks in grand finals consistently for nearly two decades

Then go suck a fat one

Says the one sooking on BF about a contract that has been signed and cannot be changed. :drunk: :drunk: You're the one whinging, im just giving you s**t for it. Dont be a soft****. You bring it on yourself so take it.

Like i said, children whinge when things dont go their way. You are a child. Please dont be offended, you're special. :drunk::drunk:
Bless your heart.

Breakdown of premiers since 1990:

Vic premiers - 18 (62%)
Non-Vic premiers - 11 (38%)

Over that 29-year stretch, the average percentage of Vic teams in the league is 62.9% compared to non-Vic teams 37.1%. See table below for workings.

View attachment 765961

So non-Vic clubs have won almost an exactly proportionate number of premierships.

Silly argumen as some teams are just better sides no matter where it’s played.
The simplest way to look at it is if a Richmond played West Coast right now in a GF at the MCG they would be $1.60 favourites to win, if the same GF was played at Optus then the Eagles would be $1.80 favourite.

Be it a GF, a prelim final or a home and away game the home side is favourite for a reason when two top sides play.
if there is no advantage to either side playing on their home deck then how is it possible the home side is a majority of the time the favourite to win.

Why are interstate clubs winning premierships ? Is there anything in the system that gives them an advantage over Victorian teams ? With all the travel and the Grand Final at the MCG ... by rights an interstate team should not have won any premierships.
Why is it happening ?

The simplest way to look at it is if a Richmond played West Coast right now in a GF at the MCG they would be $1.60 favourites to win, if the same GF was played at Optus then the Eagles would be $1.80 favourite.

Be it a GF, a prelim final or a home and away game the home side is favourite for a reason when two top sides play.
if there is no advantage to either side playing on their home deck then how is it possible the home side is a majority of the time the favourite to win.
No.

The stats say that interstate clubs are not disadvantaged.

Anyway the argument is over. MCG will host the GF until 2057.

:)

I’d be backing Richmond in both.

Why are interstate clubs winning premierships ? Is there anything in the system that gives them an advantage over Victorian teams ? With all the travel and the Grand Final at the MCG ... by rights an interstate team should not have won any premierships.
Why is it happening ?
Sometimes we beat collingwood at the mcg - most times we dont

Sometimes collingwood beats us in perth
-most times they dont

Its a home ground advantage not a home ground rolled gold guarantee

When hawthorn beat us last year last game - that didnt mean there was no hga - it means they overcame it.

An advantage over another team in sport doesnt mean you are a certainty - it just means you are more likely to win than if you didnt have that advantage.

Ffs this really is the cream of the crop we are up against here. The a team.

Its like trying to debate a bath plug - between tweedledum and his 12 yo rants and tweedle-even-dumber and his failure to understand what advantage means.

My days of not taking you people seriously are well and truly coming to a middle.

Last edited:
Sometimes we beat collingwood at the mcg - most times we dont

Sometimes collingwood beats us in perth
-most times they dont

Its a home ground advantage not a home ground rolled gold guarantee

An advantage over another team in sport doesnt mean you are a certainty - it just means you are more likely to win than if you didnt have that advantage.

Ffs this really is the cream of the crop we are up against here. The a team.

Its like trying to debate a bath plug between tweedledum and his 12 yo rants and tweedle-even-dumber and his failure to understand what advantage means.

My days of not taking you people seriously are well and truly coming to a middle.

So there is no advantage in the system to the interstate sides ?
Is it that the interstate teams are just that much better?
I’m just trying to work out how the AFL has come up with this system that seems to spread the premierships around ... but you say it has something to do with cream ?

Anyway have you changed you vote for the worst premiership side from the Richmond 2017 to West Coast 2018 yet?...2 home finals at a home that gives you 600 plus frees.A preliminary final against Melbourne on your home ground that is shared with only one other team. And then a GrandFinal against a team that doesn’t win grand finals.

I mean there’s arm chair rides and then there’s arm chair rides.
Didn’t even have to play the best team in the comp yo win it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So there is no advantage in the system to the interstate sides ?
Is it that the interstate teams are just that much better?
I’m just trying to work out how the AFL has come up with this system that seems to spread the premierships around ... but you say it has something to do with cream ?

Anyway have you changed you vote for the worst premiership side from the Richmond 2017 to West Coast 2018 yet?...2 home finals at a home that gives you 600 plus frees.A preliminary final against Melbourne on your home ground that is shared with only one other team. And then a GrandFinal against a team that doesn’t win grand finals.

I mean there’s arm chair rides and then there’s arm chair rides.
I havnt changed my vote from 2017

I do however seriously rate 2019.

We played melbourne in perth because we finished higher than them.

You played teams at your home ground in 2017 that you finished lower than - yet we get the armchair ride....

Breakdown of premiers since 1990:

Vic premiers - 18 (62%)
Non-Vic premiers - 11 (38%)

Over that 29-year stretch, the average percentage of Vic teams in the league is 62.9% compared to non-Vic teams 37.1%. See table below for workings.

View attachment 765961

So non-Vic clubs have won almost an exactly proportionate number of premierships.

Great post, sample size, proportionate analysis .... I thought this may be a little difficult for the krank to understand ..... well done!!

Since 1990 (AFL) with 30 completed seasons, interstate teams have exceeded 50% of wins in the GF against Vic teams, the % of wins against ONLY MCG tenants is even greater.

The larger the sample size, the harder it is for Vic teams to win at the G on GF day against interstate teams.

This is an OUTRAGE and the AFL neeDS to intervene to stop this disparity, may I suggest a 5 goal head start for competing Vic teams.

Great post, sample size, proportionate analysis .... I thought this may be a little difficult for the krank to understand ..... well done!!

Since 1990 (AFL) with 30 completed seasons, interstate teams have exceeded 50% of wins in the GF against Vic teams, the % of wins against ONLY MCG tenants is even greater.

The larger the sample size, the harder it is for Vic teams to win at the G on GF day against interstate teams.

This is an OUTRAGE and the AFL neeDS to intervene to stop this disparity, may I suggest a 5 goal head start for competing Vic teams.
Mate i think you need a bit of a head start yourself.

I havnt changed my vote from 2017

I do however seriously rate 2019.

We played melbourne in perth because we finished higher than them.

You played teams at your home ground in 2017 that you finished lower than - yet we get the armchair ride....

Why would you rate our 2019 team ? We only win at the MCG .. nothing has changed.
I know you haven’t been in Aus very long but did you know that the MCG was built on what the locals called the Richmond Paddock?

And of course blind Freddy knows that it’s really just the VFL with a few sucker teams from WA and SA who desperately wanted to play grand finals at the MCG plus a few expansion teams to keep NRL and soccer in their box.

Now that Richmond are back on top I’d say it’s probably over for the AFL.. Richmond have stuffed it for everybody... WA and SA need to withdraw and get back to suburban footy .. it’s what made the game great.

Here’s some facts for you

Read the article, involving people who deal with facts for a living. Also take into consideration that vic clubs have recieved more free kicks in grand finals consistently for nearly two decades

Then go suck a fat one

What is ranked? Finishing higher in a draw that favours some teams over others depending where you finished the year before ...that’s pretty unique and mental.

Players want to play at the MCG. Every kid wants to play at the MCG.
Admittedly Scott has talked his players out of wanting to play on the hollowed turf but that’s another story.

Why would you rate our 2019 team ? We only win at the MCG .. nothing has changed.
I know you haven’t been in Aus very long but did you know that the MCG was built on what the locals called the Richmond Paddock?

And of course blind Freddy knows that it’s really just the VFL with a few sucker teams from WA and SA who desperately wanted to play grand finals at the MCG plus a few expansion teams to keep NRL and soccer in their box.

Now that Richmond are back on top I’d say it’s probably over for the AFL.. Richmond have stuffed it for everybody... WA and SA need to withdraw and get back to suburban footy .. it’s what made the game great.
2019 got heavyweight wins on the road. I reckon Richmond 2019 would have beaten any team this year anywhere. 2017 richmond werent as good a team.

What is ranked? Finishing higher in a draw that favours some teams over others depending where you finished the year before ...that’s pretty unique and mental.

Admittedly Scott has talked his players out of wanting to play on the hollowed turf but that’s another story.
Every kid wants to win a gf more

You know what else is pretty unique and mental in pro sports?

Teams getting hga every single time they play a gf.....

And the important aspect of the GF is that it is performance just on that day that matters. What happened in R6 is irrelevant.

Collingwood beat Brisbane in a home QF at the MCG in 2003 (the Pies were the higher ranked team...’earnt’ the ‘home’ GF) all that dribble.

Come GF it was the Lions who were best on the day.

The point is that people are taking average stats from H&A games, and then using them to infer a HGA must also exist in a GF.

For that to hold, it means a GF is no different to a H&A game....is that what the Weagle fans are running with??

The routine and build-up to the game is the same as a ‘home’ H&A game for Melbourne clubs? LOL

The crowd is the same as a H&A game? LOL

The physiological and psychological effects MCG based players experience prior to a GF are the same as a regular ‘home’ game at the G...LOL!!

People also still can’t really agree on what factors actually contribute to the HGA.

Sleeping in own bed with home cooking and the routine is supposedly an important part of a ‘home’ advantage...yet Hawthorn still have a ‘home’ advantage in Tassie without them?

Not traveling is also supposedly a key part of home ground advantage, yet home ground advantage exists in suburban leagues where travel isn’t a factor.

Ground familiarity supposedly important, yet NBA exhibits the biggest HGA of any American sport and the game is played inside on courts exactly the same dimension. And when Collingwood play a ‘home’ game at Etihad against Eagles...we again supposedly have the same ‘home’ ‘advantage’ despite Eagles being just as familiar with Etihad!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back