Roast Media, Grrrr...

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi ya.
I am having a big issue with the media at the moment. I was listening to Footy Classified (working with the TV on in the background) and I couldn't believe the anti Richmond sentiment going on. Even Caro was having a dig. They were still going on about Cotch's hit on Shiel with Sam McClure's final mention on the topic about people in AFL know they got that decision wrong. They were trying to compare it to Long's of St Kilda. Lloyd can't hide the smirk when he is saying detrimental things about Richmond.

I don't recall any other year being as bad as this. I shouldn't let it get to me, but boy it does bug me.
I know mate. Sam McClure made me want to punch his ugly Scone 20 times over. Would probably be an improvement. Matt Lloyd was practically salivating when he brought up the stats about Dan Butler compared to our Smalls. The only person on the show worth listening to his Ross Lyon.
Caro has always been a shocker but she did point out something that we all know. That is that no one has any time for Richmond anymore as they're not the feel good story.
Matty Lloyd makes me wants to pick up cricket again just so I can play against him and smash it out of the park and Sledge the f*** out of him

Speaking of SEN, Andy Maher and Bob's knee can go get f’ed too. Both foaming and blowing out of proportion our off field stuff this year
Andy mare is a little weasel like Gerard, just little jibes as often as he can. His gonna be insufferable next year

Speaking of SEN, Andy Maher and Bob's knee can go get f’ed too. Both foaming and blowing out of proportion our off field stuff this year
It is funny, I can deal with certain players being critical of poor discipline on the field. But * me when Jordan Lewis was going on about our on field stuff I was foaming. I just wanted a player to say to him "Hi Pot, I'm kettle. Nice to meet you"

I thought the same about sen listening nothing.
I think its the club with all media.
They have given it to us all year know we give them nothing..
F#@k them

There show is so irrelevant its not funny. 3 hours of complete verbal diorhea.

No surprise that Ross Lyon was the only one calling bullshit on the whole thing. .
He said "with cotchin I see a player going lower and harder to win the ball, with Long MacRae has the ball and Long elected to bump. I'd say to him JUST TACKLE HIM SON"
Backed up Lynch when no others would also. I respect Ross Lyon. I can't see him staying in the media for too long though

We are getting back to the 60s 70s level hate I love it!! Imagine Benny Gale saying to hit an opponents injured hand during a game,it would never happen.And when we start a rebuild they will all settle back and the hate will be gone...Embrace it while its there
* them all I say. I can't embrace bullshit

Actually there’s probably room for an objective weekly podcast/youtube show that analyses all 18 teams with an unbiased eye. Objectively review all 9 games weekly explaining why teams lost and why teams won, it’s hard to do it without the hard data and it would take time, but if someone was passionate enough and could do it without letting their bias’ get in the way, I think I’d watch/listen to it.

Difference is, back in 2017 we were the underachievers who were starting to build and perform - real feel good stuff.

Now we are the big, hugely successful organisation that is seen as bullish and this makes em want to take us down.

All the romance now is for Port & Lions.
Absolutely. I watched the 2017 grand final back the other day and it's remarkable how the free kicks were paid. We would get nothing like that these days.

Effectively Richmond go into every match with a handicap so the boys need to be super careful not to give away stupid frees and 50s. The 50/50 decisions will most likely go against us more often than not but we can accept that because we have to.

Actually there’s probably room for an objective weekly podcast/youtube show that analyses all 18 teams with an unbiased eye. Objectively review all 9 games weekly explaining why teams lost and why teams won, it’s hard to do it without the hard data and it would take time, but if someone was passionate enough and could do it without letting their bias’ get in the way, I think I’d watch/listen to it.
That'd take about 3 hours to do properly, with a full-time job of watching and analysing each team throughout to ensure you're well versed enough to push out backed-up opinions and data. But yes, it'd be the best show around if it did that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That'd take about 3 hours to do properly, with a full-time job of watching and analysing each team throughout to ensure you're well versed enough to push out backed-up opinions and data. But yes, it'd be the best show around if it did that.
Yeah that’s the downside to something like this, time, something that most people are short on, but man it would be awesome!

Used to love Marngrook -- mainly because they really loved their footy and had a great vibe. I never knew them to slag off players or clubs. Just the opposite. They seemed to delight in finding the good stuff. A player could have the worst game on record and the Marngrook panel would always be upbeat. Other shows delight in sinking the boot in when people are down.

Next to Marngrook, the other shows don't even rate.
Yeah I've had the privilege of being in a band that has played The Marngrook show a good few times over the years and can testify that they are a great crew and it's always a good vibe down there.
Deaken Uni Burwood. Ironically where I grew up playing footy and cricket

Agree. But it's also that the TV stations etc seem to not want genuine in depth understanding. I reckon they are happy with a continuation of 1990s coverage, but with more 'Gee Wizz" and "he said, she said". It's the easy way to do AFL coverage, aim at the bottom and don't think too hard.
It certainly epitomises lazy journalism. I think the people who do have a good understanding of gameplay get picked up by the clubs themselves and don't waste their energy in the s*** truck that is the media

Gee the blatant barracking for the Saints tonight was hard to listen to.
I get it - we are the big bad successful team but really- there were two teams out there tonight- each with 22 players.

Sad really....

It continues....

I didn't like Cotchin's tackle, I thought his mind was not totally focussed on the game when he does stuff like that.

I wasn't overly concerned about Lynch's knee, no force still did not need to do it.

But, to suggest that Lynch intentionally "cracked" open Paton's head. That is really drawing a long bow. Everyday marking contest.

It continues....

I didn't like Cotchin's tackle, I thought his mind was not totally focussed on the game when he does stuff like that.

I wasn't overly concerned about Lynch's knee, no force still did not need to do it.

But, to suggest that Lynch intentionally "cracked" open Paton's head. That is really drawing a long bow. Everyday marking contest.

Same bloke wrote an article on dusty being given the ball from bolton and it should have been pinged as a throw - dusty and shai attacked a loose ball at the same time, bolton almost had it under control but let dusty take it when he realised it was a team mate.

Jai Bednall is the saltiest journo out there at the moment.

News Corp (Murdoch) website had this:

"A few minutes later, Shane Edmonds cleaned up a loose ball and kicked a well-directed grubber to extend Richmond’s advantage."

Shane Edmonds is such an under-rated player. The better Shaun Edwards was too.

As for 'Shay' Bolton, he's a star. If only his brother, Shai, was half as good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back