News Media Thread, 2023: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

TK is a chance at a high Brownlow position if he performs like he did in more games as we improve and get some help.

Although Old mate Harley might pinch some votes

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
He would need to average a goal a game like at Geelong to attract the umpires' attention.
Perhaps being in a Geelong jumper helps a bit too.

Also Luke Shuey on vFL360 tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Normally don't listen to this mess but Caro eluding more than just scott and lyon pissed at the compo

I'm glad this story still appears to have legs. I was worried it would be buried.

And I'm glad Caro called the AFL out on how they they released the information right before the Brownlow. It was a classic example of 'taking out the trash'.

I know it's almost cliche to hate on the AFL, but they deserve every bit of it.

This is genuinely a chance for things/attitudes to change around the endless propping up and hand outs to failed Victorian clubs.

Absolute leeches.

They'll make a stand when it's a club that needs a hand with the draft that's not sucking from the AFL's teat - namely one of the WA or SA clubs. It'll be a statement how there's no free rides in this competition, and the media will applaud their hard-line stance. And in 5-6 years later, when St Kilda, Sydney or Gold Coast come knocking, they'll make some special concessions again...

Thought Shuey spoke really well on 360 last night.

Despite some on here saying it's "jobs for the boys", I think he will be a real good pick up for the club as a development coach.

They aren't mutually exclusive.

He could be the next great coach but he's still walked straight off the field into the coached box seemingly ready to rectify issues that were elusive while a leader.

Last edited:
There aren't mutually exclusive.

He could be the next great coach but he's still walked straight off the field into the coached box seemingly ready to rectify issues that were elusive while a leader.

At least assistant coaches very rarely miss games with soft tissue injuries.

They aren't mutually exclusive.

Agree with this.

Anyone that's worked corporate has seen this plenty of times. Hire from within and its a status-quo scenario. External hires usually deliver the better results.
WC need to get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

He (Shuey) will likely be in a development coach role. It is the entry-level of coaching and has been the domain of many a recently retired player in years gone by.

He’ll be fine :) He’s demonstrated a lot of great qualities throughout his career, he is well placed to guide and help the younger players, especially those from interstate. I’d imagine it would only be a couple of years contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back