Racing Melbourne Cup 2020. * All race day discussion and Tips in here *(no aftertiming)

Who wins the cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was having a look at MC pre-noms and one jumped out at me Nickajack Cave.
Racing in a G3 tonight at Leopardstown over 2400m.
I'll be on it.

Purchased by Australian syndicate and going to the Cobalt King. They want to go straight into the race. I still think his rating makes him absolutely borderline to get in without another run. Also don't rate the ability of Moody to get a horse peaking in the race of this kind of European style prep.

$61 sportsbet for those keen.

I love this thread, 'User X' nominates said import from overseas, ILP replies with 'LOL has none'. Repeat.

I would seriously blindly back any Aiden/Joseph/Lloyd horse that shows up rather than any import that has been mentioned in this thread so far.

Purchased by Australian syndicate and going to the Cobalt King. They want to go straight into the race. I still think his rating makes him absolutely borderline to get in without another run. Also don't rate the ability of Moody to get a horse peaking in the race of this kind of European style prep.

Excellent news,hope it pisses down cup day.Due for a grey winner.

c11bb353e638bfb2b41a3ce4b5fddffd.jpeg

DASHING WILLOUGHBY going around in the Lonsdale Cup at York tonight.

Then tomorrow night is the infamous and worst Melbourne Cup trial in the world the Slowbor. Best thing to do is just wake up Sunday morning, find the winner, and then lay them for your entire bank on Betfair as they are always massively talked up and over bet straight after crossing the line. Runners who I've seen mentioned from an MC perspective are:

TRUE SELF (didn't get in last year then flogged them in the Queen Elizabeth)
PONDUS (owned by Lloyd)

Annddd cue Ebor winner price slashed in 3..2....1...
Fujaira Prince 21’s

Moby will be here any minute now

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Isn't even in the Betfair market.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not gonna lie never heard of jockey or trainer

Trainer and jockey are both guns. He brought over a horse here that was slaughtered and a certainty beaten in the year Happy Trails won the Mackinnon.

One of the smarter trainers in the UK - if he brought a horse over he would know what he is doing.

Who’d you have on top import wise at the moment?

Aaagh Dashing Willoughby - and even he will be too slow? I don't know how many are coming

As I said - happy to back whatever Lloyd/OBrien horse turns up blind rather than anything that has been touted as coming so far. I basically don't rate anything that has been mentioned as coming so far.

Kergolay in France tonight - unlike the Slowbor which has always been a garbage guide - this used to actually be a semi good one. However that trend has dropped off dramatically in recent years and looks to be the case again this year - there are some real slowies going aorund.

San Hubert (OTI)
Collide (Oz bloodstock)

are local owned so expect the hype train to be in full force if either of those get up.

Red Verdon ran 8th in last years Caulfield Cup at 70.1

I had a small nibble on Steel Prince at 100-1 last week even though i have my doubts i like taking a roughie early and his run last year in the Cup was genuinely good IMO beaten only 2 lengths after over racing early and i reckon he comes back a better chance. Freedman is also very bullish on him from what i am reading.

Interesting to see how he comes back from his lengthy spell but worth a small dabble at those odds IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back