Melbourne is the form team in the comp

Remove this Banner Ad

Soft underbelly. Missing Lever.

I am not sure it is as simple as that, but the Dees certainly lack leg speed collectively in their back half and can
get caught out of position against a team that move the ball quickly in transition like the Saints did today.

Despite the close decision against them today, I thought the scoreboard flattered the Dees massively today.

There list is frustrating

Very very talented on paper

Petracca not living up to much
Petracca would just about be the most overrated player in the AFL. Doesn't kick enough goals to be a genuine small forward, doesn't get enough footy to be a genuine midfielder. Would take Jade Gresham, Jordan De Goey or Jaidyn Stephenson over him everyday of the week (and all 3 are younger too).

Petracca would just about be the most overrated player in the AFL. Doesn't kick enough goals to be a genuine small forward, doesn't get enough footy to be a genuine midfielder. Would take Jade Gresham, Jordan De Goey or Jaidyn Stephenson over him everyday of the week (and all 3 are younger too).
'small forward'. guy is HUGE, he will never be a 'small' forward

Just the nature of the comp - Impossible to be up every game - If youre off 5-10% you will get beaten regardless of the opposition. Theyve dropped off but have the capacity to fire up again
I think that's it. No-ones good enough to dominate every week. They do have to pick themselves up and get going. With 8 rounds to go I'd back them to do that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne's youngest team of the year today. Mistake leaving out Bernie Vince?

Club|Avg Age
\PA|26.07
\Es|25.95
\Ha|25.94
\Sy|25.75
\Ad|25.68
\Ge|25.60
\WC|25.55
\NM|25.47
\GWS|25.36
\Ri|25.32
\Br|24.68
\Ca|24.64
\Co|24.46
\St|24.42
\Me|24.34
\Fr|24.09
\GC|23.54
\WB|23.33

Melbourne's youngest team of the year today. Mistake leaving out Bernie Vince?

Club|Avg Age
\PA|26.07
\Es|25.95
\Ha|25.94
\Sy|25.75
\Ad|25.68
\Ge|25.60
\WC|25.55
\NM|25.47
\GWS|25.36
\Ri|25.32
\Br|24.68
\Ca|24.64
\Co|24.46
\St|24.42
\Me|24.34
\Fr|24.09
\GC|23.54
\WB|23.33

Disappointed we missed out on 9th on %

Medium forward then if you like. One of those hybrid types like De Goey and Stephenson.

Reminds me a lot of Aryyn Sippos who used to play for the Saints. Mad skills on occasion but generally pretty flaky.

Got the “mercurial” tag though so I guess that’s enough.

Reminds me a lot of Aryyn Sippos who used to play for the Saints. Mad skills on occasion but generally pretty flaky.

Got the “mercurial” tag though so I guess that’s enough.
Lmao, Petracca is s**t at the moment but that comparison is just cruel.

Lmao, Petracca is s**t at the moment but that comparison is just cruel.

They both have the tools.

Was dark Sippa didn’t make it but hopefully Petracca can switch on and start dominating. Definitely shows glimpses of pure class, just needs to string it together.

yet Geelong can underperform, even with "The Holy Trinity"?:think::think:
Handbaggers shouldn't have any excuses for their inconsistencies, yet when we fall short against teams we short beat, we get s**t canned by everyone

Seems fair
Who cares, that should be a good thing, it means people have high expectations of your club and where they should be. Everyone knows Geelong are a bloody average side outside of their 3 superstars, it only takes one or two of them to under perform for the rest of the side to crumble.

I am not sure it is as simple as that, but the Dees certainly lack leg speed collectively in their back half and can
get caught out of position against a team that move the ball quickly in transition like the Saints did today.

Despite the close decision against them today, I thought the scoreboard flattered the Dees massively today.

That St Kilda of all teams (masters this year of ultra-conservative, stodgy ball movement) were able to move the footy and score so well against Melbourne is indicative of a slackening in the latter midfield's defensive efforts as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back