Melbourne is the form team in the comp

Remove this Banner Ad

Just had a look at your draw, it's bloody tough. Hard to see you guys win 5 more games. Will definitely have to be your best.
Rest assured, we’re not going anywhere near the eight.

Melbourne is the foam team in the comp
The only real consolation is that we're not the only ones who are going down the drain this season ;)

I thought Melbourne played exceptional last night. They looked to be having a game that would go on and propel their season to the next level after various stumbles and losses to the better sides. Until they did what only Melbourne can do. Snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Again.

Collingwood - loss
Port - loss
Cats - loss

To three of the better teams in the comp. We're not even that good. We started the round in 8th place. How do you let a 5 goal lead slip in the last quarter and let us do what they should have done in round 1? How can lightening strike twice but with a role reversal. That's Melbourne for you. Only they can do that. Miss a shot on the final siren { pretty much } in round 1, play the exact same team again and they nail a shot after the siren to win it. Unreal.

And, they lost to St.Kilda.

Melbourne, you have all the talent in the world. But you don't have it where it matters. Mentally.

Will need a Bulldogs/Tigers effort from here on in. Possible, yes. Likely? No.

They still haven't beaten a good side in season 2018.

Most vulnerable tram to slip out of the 8.

Adel (A) - adel will be a clear fav
GC (H) - should win this one
Syd (H) - Melb fav but not sure which Syd turns up
WC (A) - tough gig over in the west
GWS (H) - GWS up and about

Assuming they beat GC and Syd, then the GWS game will determine their fate. 50/50 game but would be surprised if GWS run over the top of them.

Bye bye Melb

Crows Away
Suns Home
Swans Home
Eagles Away
GWS Home

Massive run in for the Dees. TBH I like their football and their club. Last night they were desperately unlucky but also soft. I want to see them play finals and give their fans some joy after many years of heartache. They good is great no question. Their worst isn't even poor. It's just reckless.

I think they'll make it but need a decent scalp or two.

Most vulnerable tram to slip out of the 8.

Adel (A) - adel will be a clear fav
GC (H) - should win this one
Syd (H) - Melb fav but not sure which Syd turns up
WC (A) - tough gig over in the west
GWS (H) - GWS up and about

Assuming they beat GC and Syd, then the GWS game will determine their fate. 50/50 game but would be surprised if GWS run over the top of them.

Bye bye Melb
Would think they need to win 3 out of 5 to make it.

I can see it coming down to the last game v GWS. Could be a virtual knockout game I'm round 23.

I think Melbourne will beat Adelaide. The Crows did get some quality back but they aren't all firing atm. Lynch and Sloane still look underdone and rusty as hell. Walker has had issues with his back and hasn't been 100%. Gov also looked pretty rusty last night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't believe they're the form team in the comp because they have lost to these teams

Richmond
WCE
Collingwood
Hawthorn
Port

That's every team they've played currently inside the 8. They've also lost to Geelong who are 9th twice this season. They've also been beating up on the softer sides in the comp although Adelaide has found some touch. The Dees have games to come this week against Sydney, away to WCE in Perth then GWS at the G in the last game of the season. However, just throwing it out there. What if they win all three of their remaining games. I think it's a real possibility and I can see them winning at least two of those three. Melbourne could be going into the finals as the form team in the comp and be red hot at the right time. If they finish top 4, look out.

I think Melbourne could be the one to watch out for. We all know what happened the last two years with the Doggies and Tiges gaining momentum when it mattered most.

We haven't played WCE yet. We were comprehensively beaten by Rich Haw and Coll and were unlucky against Port in what was a 50/50 game. Also unlucky 2x vs Cats in 50/50 games. The next 3 games will tell us a lot, if we can beat the Swans we should have finals sewn up. I think we can take it up to the Eagles as well especially with their injury/suspension concerns (is Kennedy likely to be back?) The Giants are the tough one, they're the form team of the comp for mine.

We have been flat track bullies and need to show we can match it with the best teams. Our backline is still a worry as is our ability to capitalise on our forward 50 entries. I still feel were a year off, making the 2nd week of finals would be a "par" for the season I think.

We haven't played WCE yet. We were comprehensively beaten by Rich Haw and Coll and were unlucky against Port in what was a 50/50 game. Also unlucky 2x vs Cats in 50/50 games. The next 3 games will tell us a lot, if we can beat the Swans we should have finals sewn up. I think we can take it up to the Eagles as well especially with their injury/suspension concerns (is Kennedy likely to be back?) The Giants are the tough one, they're the form team of the comp for mine.

We have been flat track bullies and need to show we can match it with the best teams. Our backline is still a worry as is our ability to capitalise on our forward 50 entries. I still feel were a year off, making the 2nd week of finals would be a "par" for the season I think.
Agree with this. Although I feel somewhat more confident in beating giants at the G the WC in Perth. Giants haven’t played the G that well.
We have been flat track bullies this year so really hoping to turn that around. Interesting that last year we were able to beat Crows and WC on the road.

I don't believe they're the form team in the comp because they have lost to these teams

Richmond
WCE
Collingwood
Hawthorn
Port

That's every team they've played currently inside the 8. They've also lost to Geelong who are 9th twice this season. They've also been beating up on the softer sides in the comp although Adelaide has found some touch. The Dees have games to come this week against Sydney, away to WCE in Perth then GWS at the G in the last game of the season. However, just throwing it out there. What if they win all three of their remaining games. I think it's a real possibility and I can see them winning at least two of those three. Melbourne could be going into the finals as the form team in the comp and be red hot at the right time. If they finish top 4, look out.

I think Melbourne could be the one to watch out for. We all know what happened the last two years with the Doggies and Tiges gaining momentum when it mattered most.
Haven't played West Coast yet but will in 2 weeks over there, good challenge for us. These last 3 weeks are a good challenge to see where we are at.

Yep. Two more wins and we make it. One and it can go either way. And all three games are pretty tough.

If we win against the Swans we're safe looking at the ladder predictor. Of course Swans won't be easy, they've smashed us recently.

Backline: Really hurt by injuries with Lever out, Hibberd not back yet, Hunt back at VFL but not at full fitness and now Joel Smith goes down. Oscar McDonald has also trailed off really poorly. There's a very good backline in there with Lever, Hibberd, Jetta, Salem all at their best but we won't see it this year.

Midfield: Missing Viney who would allows us to play Jones and Harmes through the wings more which is a weakness. Oliver, Brayshaw, Petracca still better in a year or two in terms of two way running and 4 quarter effort. Playing Tyson and JKH now shows that the depth of outside mids just isn't there.

Forwards: T Mc has lost his radar a little bit, Hogan still isn't quite jumping for the footy. Garlett's in better form but still not really got a lot left in big games. Some handy lesser names like Melksham, Spargo and now Vanders back and the good version of ANB is a running machine who just keeps bobbing up at contests. As a group they can pile on goals against the weaker sides but still need to work for each other much more to create space to beat the good backlines.

Win 1 more game and get a bit of luck, have a good crack in a final or two is the aim. Anything else would be a massive bonus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back