Mid-season Draft - Wed, 1 June 2022.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cotchin and edwards to do the team thing and retire, Lambert retires after another bad injury,

3 best kids who should be drafted.
* mate, seriously?

If we notice he’s getting like 25% game time in coming weeks, there’s something going on
Quiet Shhhh GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Sam Tucker 5 goals today
20 year old 195cm 90kgs
looked mobile and great set of mitts
The reports on him not being picked up is that he doesn't like close body contact. Looking at the highlight reel and his game today i have to agree and most of his marks were on shorter blokes and uncontested. Has got some size about him though. Have to see more or hear other opinions of people that have followed his progress.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do you say that? I haven't been impressed so far. Ben Miller Mk2.
One good game has him in the limelight. First time I've seen him last week...only watched some of the game, and he clunked some good marks, and kicked well for goal. But could be a bit of a plodder....was overlooked for a reason... But midseason could be a free hit if nothing else stands out.

Edit: I was confused with the key forward dude Tucker. Young played ruck I think?? Got a fair bit of it.. bit didn't watch him closely.

Last edited:
Tylar young will be our selection
Lock 🔐
Gets a lot of praise from Steve Morris. But we probably don't need another key defender. Perhaps he could play forward? Couldn't watch on the weekend, but saw he was named in the ruck.

Has speed, athleticism and upside. Only been playing footy for a couple of years.

Gets a lot of praise from Steve Morris. But we probably don't need another key defender. Perhaps he could play forward? Couldn't watch on the weekend, but saw he was named in the ruck.

Has speed, athleticism and upside. Only been playing footy for a couple of years.
Played ruck and did very well, kicked a nice goal, reckon he is capable of playing multi positions
I know a lot of recruiting teams are seriously looking at him

Personally keeping an eye on West Adelaides Big Bodied Mid, Joshua Carmichael, 3rd ever Sanfl game and had 2 goals, 30 disposals, 8 tackles, and 11 clearances, against the reigning premiers in Woodville West Torrens. 23 years old

slotted this against the eagles on the weekend

On carmichael watch, Has made the state team after only 6 games, averaging 24 disposals at 83 percent accuracy

The reports on him not being picked up is that he doesn't like close body contact. Looking at the highlight reel and his game today i have to agree and most of his marks were on shorter blokes and uncontested. Has got some size about him though. Have to see more or hear other opinions of people that have followed his progress.
Free swing here though, can cut him end of season if needed, or even re-rookie him.

Desperate positional need and young enough to have upside, I wouldn't be against a young KPF. We aren't exactly flushed there with options once Jack retires.

Free swing here though, can cut him end of season if needed, or even re-rookie him.

Desperate positional need and young enough to have upside, I wouldn't be against a young KPF. We aren't exactly flushed there with options once Jack retires.
Agree that is why we will look at tylar young

Big call. I don't remember seeing much of him in the VFL.

Any word on how Patrik Balta is going? Given the early success of Noah, I'd be worried another club looking for a project ruckman could swoop.
As far as I know patrik balta hasn't played a game at richmond reserves,, no idea if he is injured or not

Haven't seen enough to make a call either way but here's a short bio (Linkedin).

I am a 23-year-old exercise scientist student at Swinburne University. I come from a country background, growing up in Albury/Wodonga and lived there until I was 21. I am a keen sportsman and have played more than 10 different sports. I’m currently playing AFL and have been doing this for the last 3 years In the VFL system, previously with the Frankston dolphins and now currently with the Richmond Tigers. I currently work as a disability support worker which I have done for the past 5 years. I now mainly work with home schooling teenagers, giving them access to the community and helping with their fitness and sporting endeavours. I am also undertaking my cert 3 and 4 in fitness so I am able to become a certified personal trainer.

tylar.jpg

Haven't seen enough to make a call either way but here's a short bio (Linkedin).

I am a 23-year-old exercise scientist student at Swinburne University. I come from a country background, growing up in Albury/Wodonga and lived there until I was 21. I am a keen sportsman and have played more than 10 different sports. I’m currently playing AFL and have been doing this for the last 3 years In the VFL system, previously with the Frankston dolphins and now currently with the Richmond Tigers. I currently work as a disability support worker which I have done for the past 5 years. I now mainly work with home schooling teenagers, giving them access to the community and helping with their fitness and sporting endeavours. I am also undertaking my cert 3 and 4 in fitness so I am able to become a certified personal trainer.

View attachment 1396898
Has similar traits to Noah Balta. Not a bad option.

View attachment 1396898
Currently playing AFL in the VFL system :drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back