Most likeable players

Remove this Banner Ad

MadMundy said:
Michael Frederick, Nat Fyfe, David Mundy, Rory Lobb, Luke Ryan. Basically whoever gets the loudest cheers at Freo home games.

Bag of Potatoes

Huge respect for Mundy, good fella and can play.

Frederick seems to have a future, but Nic Nat would school him in the art of playing footy.

Fyfe, everything that Pendles ain't.

Lobb, potato or potatoe, depends if everything goes his way - front runner.

Luke Ryan, not sure likable but can play.

My nomination for currently most likable - Mitch Robinson.

Just needs to respond to Hardwick by saying "I've considered my words and on reflection, I should have said total w***er".

I’m a school teacher and have had plenty of players visit the school to put on clinics. Most of them seem like good blokes, but Matty Kreuzer was an absolute top bloke. Humble, spoke well and seemed like a genuinely good human.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Has a vicious mean streak then calms down I've noticed. But in the heat of the moment he has some very campaigner like moments.

I think you fellas are being a bit harsh on Charles there. How many other campaigner moments can you think of? Rhetorical question obviously, not expecting any examples. But apart from a couple of minor things, haven’t seen too much else myself. May be the Lions bias coming through, but a little surprised that he is being called out as a bit of a tosser. Agree that certainly wasn’t a great look after his mark, but don’t think he has a habit of doing those types of things.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Max Gawn - Everyman legend

Willie Rioli - come back soon ...... too freo

Kade Simpson - hope he can hang around for a bit of success
great player

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Favourite from every club

Adelaide - Reilly O'Brien
Brisbane Lions - Martin
Carlton - Cripps
Collingwood - Noble
Dockers - Aish, Banfield
Essendon - Matt Guelfi
Geelong - Ablett
Gold Coast - Swallow, Greenwood, Smith, Miles
GWS Giants - Sam Taylor
Hawthorn - Tom Mitchell
Melbourne – Hore
North Melb – Hall
Port Power - Karl Amon
Richmond - Noah Balta
Saints – Dunstan, Howard
Swans - Florent
WC Eagles - Naitanui, Hutchings
W Bulldogs - Alex Keath

Gary Rohan went to the aid of an injured opp player while play continued in the background. (only other player I ever saw do that was David Hille)

Matt Taberner when ever the ball goes in his direction something happens. It might be spectacular or it might be a disaster. people say dustin martin is the most watchable player in the comp because of his brilliance. But every drama need some tragedy, failure and some epic frustrating moments, matt taberner provides this in spades. Somehow he's also a quite good player who may get a podium place in the coleman medal race. He's a contested marking machine. Hes a work horse who is one of the best trainers at the club and wasn't given games like a top ten pick hes come of the rookie list.

Tabs will be a monster if Lecca can teach him a goal kicking routine that he sticks to. Great athlete, an even better mark of the footy, reads the play quite well ......then has to drop the ball on his boot. If he gets his kicking to move from enigmatic to costistant he will be a force to be reckoned with.

Most of mine have already been mentioned.

Nic Naitanui
David Mundy
Scott Pendlebury
Eddie Betts
Bachar Houli

Some Cunnington love in this thread.

True story - he's basically refused to give any type of media interview for basically his entire career. Just refuses to do any media of any description and hates the limelight.

Absolutely hates the city, goes fishing 3-4 times a week on his boat, out to the pier at Altona, basically anywhere he can get a rod in during the week and just wants to move his young kids out to his cattle farm out near Warrnambool where he goes most weekends off.

Will retire in year or so fairly young for the above reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back