Certified Legendary Thread My Sharona! (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Official Government Information about COVID-19
Contact the National Coronavirus Information Hotline on 1800 020 080 for information about COVID-19.

Stay informed. Download the official government “Coronavirus Australia” app in the Apple App Store or Google Play,
or join our WhatsApp channel on iOS or Android.

If you live in the Adelaide metropolitan area and would like to get checked out, this is how get drive-thru testing at the Repat:

1584943828763.png

the Official Sources, Do You Have The Symptoms?, Tips and Statistics are below

Official Sources, Do you have Symptoms?, Tips, Statistics

Environmental Cleaning & Disinfection Principles
https://www.health.gov.au/sites/def...-and-disinfection-principles-for-covid-19.pdf

SA Health:

Australian Federal Govt:

World Health Organisation:

Smart Traveller: (thanks Mutineer )

Do you have the symptoms?
(thanks again to Mutineer )

1584505884236.png

Tips

Home Isolation Advice:

What to do if you’re feeling unwell

If you are severely unwell, such as having difficulty breathing, call 000 (Triple Zero).

If you have travelled anywhere overseas in the past 14 days and have COVID-19 symptoms, seek testing at a COVID-19 clinic or contact your GP (advise your GP of your travel history) and isolate yourself.

If you have NOT travelled overseas recently, but are feeling unwell, visit your usual health care provider. Avoid contact with others if you are unwell.

Mental health in the age of coronavirus

Woolworths to introduce a dedicated shopping hour for the elderly and people with disability.

Keeping Yourself And Your Things Germ Free

Cleaning Your Phone

Optus Mobile giving away data due to Covid-19

To play our part in supporting your access needs, we are giving all eligible mobile subscribers a one off 20GB of free extra data which can be activated within My Optus app anytime during the month of April and valid for 30 days from activation. For our eligible prepaid customers, we will also be offering 10GB of free extra data when you top up for more than $40 during the month of April.

We'll have more details about these extra data offers available soon at optus.com.au/COVID19-support.

Statistics

Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)

Stay safe and look after each other (from a safe distance)
Dear posters: unsubstantiated advice will be deleted. We understand you want to help, but #fakenews blah blah blah we're not allowing any disinformation. Got some great advice about washing your hands whilst dancing like David Byrne in Once In A Lifetime helps kill the virus? That's fantastic, provide a link to a reputable source.

Last edited:
I had to eat a whole fu**load of vegemite sandwiches for lunch and didn't take a holiday for 5 years but I was able to get there eventually.

Bought my first house in 1978 for $37500. 3br, one bath, one car, no floor covering, no window curtains/blinds, no heating, no air con, nothing.
Hideous interest rate. Hideous Commonwealth bank to deal with.

My salary was around $4000, early years of teaching, my wife's, around $3000. So this basic house = around 5.3 times our total annual salary.

Salary of first year teacher in SA today is around $70000, even without factoring in another wage, multiply $70K by 5.3 = $371K which in the Southern Suburbs eg. easily buys you a new 3-4 br, 2 bath, all the bells and whistles air/con, burglar alarm, floor-covered, curtained, house...with the included bonus of ridiculously low home loan interest rate. I'm sure I'd find it easier starting all over again in Adelaide, today.

that’s ridiculous because maccas and hungry jack are making a motza as no restaurants are open essentially. Took me 20 mins in the drive through yesterday with cars 5 deep by 2 lines.
Same in Ballarat at Macca's, KFC and Hungry Jacks cars queued up down the street... He's a dead set arsehole.

Think you're living on outdated info BACCS old chap.

There was that choir where 45 out of 60 got infected despite all the usual hand sanitizing etc.

Since then it's more accepted that it lingers in the air.

I think the thing is, it's a data gathering exercise and you've got to set a (somewhat arbitrary) hurdle for recording a "contact", otherwise you'd end up with millions of spurious data points from every time a COVID positive person passed within bluetooth range of someone else.

Bought my first house in 1978 for $37500. 3br, one bath, one car, no floor covering, no window curtains/blinds, no heating, no air con, nothing.

My salary was around $4000, early years of teaching, my wife's, around $3000. So this basic house = around 5.3 times our total annual salary.

Salary of first year teacher in SA today is around $70000, even without factoring in another wage, multiply $70K by 5.3 = $371K which in the Southern Suburbs eg. easily buys you a new 3-4 br, 2 bath, all the bells and whistles air/con, burglar alarm, floor-covered, curtained, house...with the included bonus of ridiculously low home loan interest rate. I'm sure I'd find it easier starting all over again in Adelaide, today.
And I'd never bought a brand new car off the showroom floor until I was well into my 30's and even then it was a stock standard Ford. Nowdays I see teenagers barely out of school driving around in $50K plus vehicles, they aren't all driving dad's car....it's called priorities.

Last edited:
Was chatting with somebody from Wisconsin. In the 2018 elections for the Wisconsin State Assembly (which consists of 99 seats), Democrats got 52.99% of the statewide vote while Republicans got 44.75%, but with the way the districts are gerrymandered that led to the Republicans having 63 seats and the Democrats having 36.

It's totally f’ed up. So glad we don't have to deal with that s**t here.
oh really

The result was also a profound relief for the party at large – after winning the popular vote in three of the past four elections, only to lose them all.

And I'd never bought a brand new car off the showroom floor until I was well into my 30's and even then it was a stock standard Ford. Nowdays I see teenagers barely out of school driving around in $50K plus vehicles, thet aren't all driving dad's car....it's called priorities.
Exactly. Priorities. However there are so many more 'activities' these days to tempt the dollars out of your wallet.

I know right. Why young people don't want to go and live in Smithfield for 10 years and save really hard just to keep up with appreciation (let alone get in front) is beyond me.

I don't think you realise how the dynamics have changed between suburban house prices since the good old days. And adelaide is no where near as bad as the east coast.
A financial advisor I knew some years back used to say - buy your investments in the areas you can afford and rent a place to live in the area you want to live (if you can afford the weekly rent and the rent from your investment means the investment property can wash its face). He lived in Mitcham but had 3 or 4 rentals down south

Damn, teachers earn a lot more than I thought with an average salary of $85K in SA.

And I'd never bought a brand new car off the showroom floor until I was well into my 30's and even then it was a stock standard Ford. Nowdays I see teenagers barely out of school driving around in $50K plus vehicles, they aren't all driving dad's car....it's called priorities.

Cars are definitely far more affordable now.

I can remember buying a 10 year old VK Commodore for 7,000 back in 1995 (when I first started working).

You'd pay about the same now for a 10 year old Commodore, but wages have just about tripled over that 25 year period.

Same goes for computers and electronic goods, they are massively more affordable now than they used to be.

Still doesn't excuse them buying 50k cars, but most kids today live at home with disposable incomes and have no idea about saving for the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think you're living on outdated info BACCS old chap.

There was that choir where 45 out of 60 got infected despite all the usual hand sanitizing etc.

Since then it's more accepted that it lingers in the air.

Definitely aerosol transmission of the virus and the reason why masks do help and are mandatory in some European countries. Not sure whoever was saying it wasn't airborne but it's been widely known since either late December or early January that it did spread through aerosol. Its the reason why this bloody thing can infect so quickly There was a wedding in Sydney where an America guest who flew in for the event infected 37 guests that evening. John Singleton's (the adman) daughter was one of them.

Last edited:
Depending on where you live, there are restaurants in town that open past midnight.
Usually a good Pizza place open late.

Real pizza not cardboard cheapies

Double trouble for battered Foxtel
Perfect storm for foxtel. Not good long term for Afl if they fall over. Foxtel may have to completely restructure their business plan and just stick to sports or merge with a streaming company.

You really need to reevaluate your eating choices.

There are many restaurants open for takeaway thats offering far better quality and reasonably priced.

Did I mention I’ve got two teenage boys. 😉 youngest one is the worlds worst eater, he can spot an atom of vegetable at 300 metres.

lunchtime quickie meal.

Did I mention I’ve got two teenage boys. 😉 youngest one is the worlds worst eater, he can spot an atom of vegetable at 300 metres.

lunchtime quickie meal.

Maybe but you have a responsibility to change that behaviour now.

I dont cook much at all, but if Im desperate I will always find alternatives to Maccas/Hungry Jacks.

You can make a killer protein shake with bananas and blueberries that will far outweigh anything any burger at 2am.

Sure Im not saying not to eat burgers, just not to eat absolute junk food burgers.

Maybe but you have a responsibility to change that behaviour now.

I dont cook much at all, but if Im desperate I will always find alternatives to Maccas/Hungry Jacks.

You can make a killer protein shake with bananas and blueberries that will far outweigh anything any burger at 2am.

Sure Im not saying not to eat burgers, just not to eat absolute junk food burgers.
Good lord it’s once a fortnight. Get a grip.
Can’t change this kid believe me he’s the most stubborn human I’ve ever encountered.😫
We’ve had police come due to his tantrums🤣.
The other one will eat anything.

I know right. Why young people don't want to go and live in Smithfield for 10 years and save really hard just to keep up with appreciation (let alone get in front) is beyond me.

I don't think you realise how the dynamics have changed between suburban house prices since the good old days. And adelaide is no where near as bad as the east coast.

Yeah nah..

When we first moved down south it was in “the sticks” we didn’t have expressways etc.

I don’t think you realise that you can only buy what you can afford or go without.

Marryatville Pizza Bar a big winner. Not the cheapest but definitely worth the $$. Italiano with leg ham and extra anchovies is bloody delicious. Making me hungry.
I head to Al Pacinos... even though have others closer.

Al's Special or Chicken Mexicana...

Cheap pizza is usually bad pizza. Best paying for quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back