Review NAB Challenge Game 3 - Carlton vs Sydney @ Etihad Stadium (5:50pm AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

The commentators going on about how good Hannebery was today, forgetting that he had a DE of 59%. I don't care if he has 60 disposals, if he has a DE of 59% he has not had a good game.

True of all footballer commentary they just read the total stats

Just caught the last 15-17 minutes. A few of our younger prospects look pretty good. Patley looks raw, but could certainly do a job. Newman looks like a pretty good prospect and should get some game time this year, especially if Jones is injured.

Without Jetta we look a bit slower and maybe a bit less accurate, but far out, has Rampe stacked on the weight or something. Looks like he's been digging into a bit of this over the summer:
4377531687_391f325972.jpg

The commentators going on about how good Hannebery was today, forgetting that he had a DE of 59%. I don't care if he has 60 disposals, if he has a DE of 59% he has not had a good game.

If he had 60 disposals at 60% efficiency would be 36 effective disposals. Not sure how many players have had 36 effective disposals in a game. I would take that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

14 were contested.
Would be guessing that the league average for DE is around 65%
There were a number of times where he kicked or handballed DIRECTLY to a Carlton player and a couple of those resulted in goals. Not good enough. I'm sure he's a fantasy players' dream but I'd rather a player get 26 disposals at 85% because at least that results in less turnovers which are an absolute momentum killer.

I haven't caught much of tonights game/your other games, how has Talia been going?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back