Review NAB Challenge Game 3 - Carlton vs Sydney @ Etihad Stadium (5:50pm AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't caught much of tonights game/your other games, how has Talia been going?

I thought he was ok. Reg went off at half time and he took over minding Casboult. I thought he did quite well. He kept him scoreless.

Well you might want to look at what's happening. He's only had 13 disposals all game, 1 mark, 2 tackles. About half what we ought to expect from him.

He wasn't trying. He spends half the year in low-level agony given how hard he plays. He's not going to flog himself for a meaningless game.

edit: unless he's injured, lol. Anyway, I stand by my original claim that guys like Curnow don't think JPK out of games. Kennedy is a GOAT Swan, and hopefully, with hindsight, we'll recognise his value.

80% maybe not but even guys like Mitchell (Hawthorn's) and Hodge, both average in the low to mid 70's and they are tagged just as much as Hannebery.

They actually average in the low to mid 70's but our mids average less than 65

The negativity on here is embarrassing. A little bit would be understandable but it's about half of every page.

We've made the top 4 since 2012 and I'm pretty certain we weren't known as a good preseason team during that time period, yet here we are again and it's panic stations. Has anyone seen some of the performances of the other top 4 teams from last year?

Finishing in the top four isn't everything but it is something. It does show that this team is better than most and deserves to not be written off after some Mickey Mouse practice matches.

If we manage to pull off a win in round 1, all of this stuff will mean nothing.

Seeing the young players step up and not seeing serious injuries is all I want. So far it's looking good.

I don't think anyone here depreciates the fact we made the four last year. But last year is just that, it is the past. As much as we have some really exciting finds we must admit we are not the best at playing Clarkson associated coaches. We struggles today due to a game plan that was obvious to the opposition due to their coach. For me I'd like to see some really wiz bang new strategy or at least the evidence of going away fro last year's failed strategy. Mind you there are several areas that are improving.

Cunningham is not good enough to wear no 7. Towers is a spud. Papley and I'm biased has to be upgraded and shits all over B Jack and McGlynn.

I thought Towers ok. He played up the ground tonight as a HF/Winger. He got plenty of it and generally used it well. He had 75% efficiency. He also played in the mids as Kennedy played in attack.

Hewett showed he is definitely above Robinson, Papley was good, Talia nullified Casboult which isn't a easy thing to he did his job.

Folks this is likely to be the round 1 side with maybe a change or two its going to be a LOT of inexperience while Reid, Rohan, McVeigh and Richards, McGlynn are out expect mistakes and lots of them.

This is not the 2014 team anymore just let them grow and lower your expectations, i mean talks of flag or top 4 is fanciful stuff im not writing it off but with 11 players only having over 50 games experience it would be quite a feat.

I just thought of it, you guys are going to think I am a genius but I know the perfect guy to be playing halfback for us in 2016. Shane Biggs. You would feel really dumb if you were the club that got rid of him just before your halfbacks were due to retire.

In hindsight, Malceski staying would have been the best call for both Swans and Mal.

Would say we miss Malceski just as much as Mumford.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only because he was not given a fair chance to play in the best 22. Every game he played for us he did really well but for some reason Longmire still refused to give him a proper go of it. If he did get a fair chance to prove himself he probably would have stayed.

He was on the rookie list all three years at the club. The chances he got related to injuries we got as a team, not a refusal to give him a proper go. Some facts would go a long way sometimes

Why was he not upgraded though? He deserved it.

Not after the 1st year he didn't. Argument could be made after 3 games late in his 2nd year after Shaw did his knee but he was competing for 2 free spots with Rampe off a full season and B. Jack off 9 games. After his third season he rejected a spot even with Malceski leaving opening a spot for him. He was always behind Malceski and Shaw for a senior spot and he left when one of them left to free up a spot. He wasn't willing to work for it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back