Nathan Vardy & the Brayshaw jibe

Remove this Banner Ad

Niggling is one thing but it was bad form to do that after he’d been towelled up all night by Gawn. And yes, I did react to it at the time on Demonland. So did most MFC fans. Ryan’s Mark was incredible and should be a shoo in for MOTY but Vardy’s push was a cheap shot on a player who had comprehensively beaten him.

I'm sure you did react to it. IT WaS aN OUtrAGe!

Wasn't really a cheap 'shot' though. If anything it was a cheap 'moment'!?

Just a warning for you - if they ever mic players up during the game I recommend you turn the volume down. Good chance you will react.

This is a really good opportunity to self-check. If you think this event was in any way wrong or offensive then you are what is wrong with the world and the reason why resilience is a dying thing.

This is a really good opportunity to self-check. If you think this event was in any way wrong or offensive then you are what is wrong with the world and the reason why resilience is a dying thing.
Might want to heed your own advice before running off and shouting that the sky is falling. Not everything has to be argued at the extremes. It is entirely possible to be neither outraged nor offended while still thinking it's a d!ck thing to say to say. But apparently, people want to fight for the right to be a d!ck.

Might want to heed your own advice before running off and shouting that the sky is falling. Not everything has to be argued at the extremes. It is entirely possible to be neither outraged nor offended while still thinking it's a d!ck thing to say to say. But apparently, people want to fight for the right to be a d!ck.

No-one has yet to adequately explain why it is a 'dick' thing to say.

Had no-one reacted like the media/public then it wouldn't even be a talking point objectively.

No-one has yet to adequately explain why it is a 'dick' thing to say.

Had no-one reacted like the media/public then it wouldn't even be a talking point objectively.
It's a joke at the expense of both a guy who had his teeth and jaw rearranged the guy who did it, felt terrible, missed a premiership and will have it follow him for the rest of the life. It's not really funny enough to make that joke in that circumstances. A birthday kick and you're getting reminded of an awful moment of your life?

Honestly though, I live for some good old nasty humour. If the Eagles didn't send it out then that removes the Andy Brayshaw factor and I'm guessing Gaff is either over the whole ordeal or doesn't care much about Vardy.

It's a joke at the expense of both a guy who had his teeth and jaw rearranged the guy who did it, felt terrible, missed a premiership and will have it follow him for the rest of the life. It's not really funny enough to make that joke in that circumstances. A birthday kick and you're getting reminded of an awful moment of your life?

Honestly though, I live for some good old nasty humour. If the Eagles didn't send it out then that removes the Andy Brayshaw factor and I'm guessing Gaff is either over the whole ordeal or doesn't care much about Vardy.

Yes so the whole thing is between 2 guys. If Gaff doesn't rate the comment he can go to Vardy and say 'yeah don't rate that, don't say it again' and Vardy can either choose to be cool with that or not.

This whole new system of everyone has to be offended FOR Gaff or Brayshaw is ridiculous. It shouldn't even be news.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back