New 10 meter clear zone

Remove this Banner Ad

The umpires are hot on paying 50's for the slightest infringement on the mark/protected zone so we just need to be very careful. Guys like Boomer will love this rule and so will anyone having a snap on the boundary.

I wish they also banned teammates from coming in and impeding the man on the mark. Crap tactic which should be verboten

I'm more than happy to allow those gutless snipers coming in and impeding the man on the mark as long as they establish open season - you punch his head in, crack his skull with an errant elbow, anything goes.

This rule is rubbish. Between this, the death of holding the ball and the umpires inability to decipher what was/wasn't a mark tonight I'm surprised I have any hair left!

I actually like this one. It's goign to lead to more attacking footy which is always a good thing. HTB/illegal disposal really needs to be tidied up though, the amount of times Crows players just dropped it when tackled and no free kick was called was ridiculous.

I actually like this one. It's goign to lead to more attacking footy which is always a good thing. HTB/illegal disposal really needs to be tidied up though, the amount of times Crows players just dropped it when tackled and no free kick was called was ridiculous.
The concerns over "congestion" have ruined the game imo. Tonight almost every time we tackled the Crows player would either a) drop it or b) make a 1 handed "hand pass" and the umps just let it go because they are afraid of holding up the play. I really hope they sort this out quickly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Horrible, horrible rule.

AFL could have made a massive difference by simply toughening up on the 5m rule they already had but rarely applied to the letter of he law, before doubling it to 10m.

So impractical. It's an absolute certainty we'll be tearing out hair out at some stage this year when it costs us a game.

Horrible, horrible rule.

AFL could have made a massive difference by simply toughening up on the 5m rule they already had but rarely applied to the letter of he law, before doubling it to 10m.

So impractical. It's an absolute certainty we'll be tearing out hair out at some stage this year when it costs us a game.

No Doubt .
It's a temporary rule that's gonna be the typical 'VOGUE RULE' of the month then you'll have players infringing during mid season but nothing is done. F*cken typical of the AFL. Rules that come n' go.. hotchpotch style. in 3 months time it'll be a rule long lost. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: wank of a rule if anything.

Horrible, horrible rule.

Could not agree more. Just dreading the day/s this happens. Rubbish bins outside Etihad and TVs across the country are going to suffer big time as a result of this rule. And they really don't deserve to.

I hate it because you can't put pressure on bloody betts and his mates from the boundary when they run around...
If they're going to keep this farcical rule there needs to be an addition that if player's shooting for goal deviate from their line it's a ball up.

I wish they also banned teammates from coming in and impeding the man on the mark. Crap tactic which should be verboten
Like I said to you last night, I lobbied the AFL years ago to outlaw the tactic only to get the cold soldier from Andy D.

Also mate, heading up to the Gold Coast this weekend. Let me know if you wanna catch up again for a few sherbets and paint the town.

Totally agree. You can't have the 10m zone AND still allow the man on the mark to be blocked. At least before the 'blocker's opponent could defend the kicker. Now they can't get close enough

Remove this Banner Ad

Back