Player Watch #10: Colby McKercher

Remove this Banner Ad

Needs some minutes on the wing. Elite kick and has speed and endurance. We don't need Sheez, Fish & Colby all in the back 6 (7)
After yesterday I have no problem with him moving up to the wing in place of Stephens or Tucker.

Bergman or for a surprise debut, someone like Hardeman could take up that back half role.

His kicking is Luke Hodge-Esque.

I really want him up the ground more now. His kicking inside 50 today was a real big positive.
Yeah the times he was kicking into the F50 in the last term made me think this is where he is meant to be until he is big/strong enough to be released inside.

Wing or HF for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Close to a rising star nom. Sanders had a good game too. Harley Reid is having an okay game. Anyone else?
Wardlaw did more of everything than anyone else and is eligible. Saunders and Kerch pretty similar stat lines. Reid looked okay but didn't do enough from what i saw of his game.

Or the GWS player in Harvey Thomas
They often give it to player’s who clearly play their best game, if that makes sense.

“Wardlaw will play another 5 games like this so lets give it to the other guy whos very unlikely gonna produce this stat line again”

Needs to be playing wing sooner than later. He can’t defend atm and we need good kickers with toe nearer fifty.

The wing is hard as all buggery for a first year player to play unless you are a) super fit, or b) played there your whole life and are naturally a wing man.

I love the Kerch, but the big dog is sucking in the big ones after every run at the moment. To put him out on the wing with some of the running freaks that are out there in this league would be a bloodbath.

I like the idea of him playing back and getting it sh*tloads, but he needs to be taking the 6th best forward. Currently, Fisher is getting that gig.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back