News NEW HQ: ROYAL HALL OF INDUSTRIES & Showring Oval Upgrade

Remove this Banner Ad

IMO it won't make much of a difference to us on the field but I think this could be a huge boost for us off the field, particularly in the realm of player recruitment. Tour of facilities is a stage often cited as a turning point in a player's decision to join a new club. I suspect we'll now have facilities that could genuinely lure someone into wanting to play for the Swans.

IMO it won't make much of a difference to us on the field but I think this could be a huge boost for us off the field, particularly in the realm of player recruitment. Tour of facilities is a stage often cited as a turning point in a player's decision to join a new club. I suspect we'll now have facilities that could genuinely lure someone into wanting to play for the Swans.
My thoughts exactly. On top of that I believe it'll create a happier environment for our current players to train in.

Gone from bottom tier garbage with Brisbane to one of the best in the AFL. Thank the ******* lords for that. Thank god we didn't lose the opportunity permanently when Covid hit
and one of the first comments on the post was some flog complaining that training on the artificial surface is dangerous and will lead to more injuries. Sometimes I really hate people.

and one of the first comments on the post was some flog complaining that training on the artificial surface is dangerous and will lead to more injuries. Sometimes I really hate people.
Did laugh at Luke Ablett's comment about the music.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Despite the 'sparkling water on tap' I'm wondering if the plumbing work is still incomplete because the guys seem to be still going to the SCG to shower.

Despite the 'sparkling water on tap' I'm wondering if the plumbing work is still incomplete because the guys seem to be still going to the SCG to shower.
The real issue here is how do you know they are showering at the SCG?

The real issue here is how do you know they are showering at the SCG?

I saw them go into the SCG after training and then emerge a while later, looking showered (wet hair etc) and wander down Driver Avenue to Swans HQ.

Another hugely important announcement from the club that slipped under the radar. I'd very much like to know the new dimensions of the this Oval if anyone can grab the details.

Edit: Okay - article says Full sized. That's excellent!

Last edited:
Another hugely important announcement from the club that slipped under the radar. I'd very much like to know the new dimensions of the this Oval if anyone can grab the details.

Edit: Okay - article says Full sized. That's excellent!

I watched a premiership game there when I was a teenager with my dad between Parramatta and Easts. Parramatta had Cronin, Kenny, Sterling, Ella, Grothe. A great Parramatta side. My dad was an Easts supporter. It is a great venue for redevelopment. That whole area including the new facilities is going to be magnificent after this redevelopment.

I watched a premiership game there when I was a teenager with my dad between Parramatta and Easts. Parramatta had Cronin, Kenny, Sterling, Ella, Grothe. A great Parramatta side. My dad was an Easts supporter. It is a great venue for redevelopment. That whole area including the new facilities is going to be magnificent after this redevelopment.

I'm not sure why but I always associate Grothe with Noel 'Crusher' Cleal, who came a bit later. Were they similar players? I don't really remember Grothe - possibly just before my time.

God knows how we got on to this in this thread, but putting my hand up and taking responsibility for getting this back on topic: I understand Swans HQ is going to open to the public the weekend we have our first home game, against Hawthorn in round 2.

God knows how we got on to this in this thread, but putting my hand up and taking responsibility for getting this back on topic: I understand Swans HQ is going to open to the public the weekend we have our first home game, against Hawthorn in round 2.
Seriously? That's super exciting - its going to be packed everyone will want to have a look.

Seriously? That's super exciting - its going to be packed everyone will want to have a look.

I don't know the details but I got that straight from Tom Harley when I saw him at training one time recently.

Quite a number of groups (platinum supporters, sponsors etc etc) have already been shown through I believe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back