New Zealand Tour of India 2021 (3 T20's and 2 Tests)

Remove this Banner Ad

52 overs or so left to go.

Important NZ go into the tea lesson no more than 2 wickets lost. If thats the case, I cant see NZ losing it from here.
They're not losing from here. Heading for a draw with an outside chance of an NZ win though that seems very unlikely the way they are batting.

That said Ishant is back into the attack so who knows.

New Zealand very impressive so far. Timing a chase like this is very important. They’re setting it up well for a final session launch if they still maintain wickets in hand.

New Zealand very impressive so far. Timing a chase like this is very important. They’re setting it up well for a final session launch if they still maintain wickets in hand.
Agree, India did this at the Gabba maintained a steady rate and kept wickets in hand and then chased 140 in the final session. If NZ can get to 150 at tea they'll be in a great position.

Agree, India did this at the Gabba maintained a steady rate and kept wickets in hand and then chased 140 in the final session. If NZ can get to 150 at tea they'll be in a great position.

Yes absolutely, that was a masterclass in timing a 5th day chase. Helps having a bloke like Pant in your lineup! A game changer.

The pitch is holding up well here and there’s plenty of batting to come for NZ. A smokey for them though is bad light has been a factor every day this test. I don’t believe the scheduled close of day has been reached as yet so far.

Seems like they are just batting for a draw now.

A bit disappointing that they aren't going for the win but a draw still wouldn't be a bad result after conceding a first innings lead.
BMac would be turning in his grave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I take it this home summer will be Taylor's last?
He should of retired after the WTC final. I love Rosco, he's one of our best ever players, but he's cooked.

They will probably give him a couple of tests at home. He's earned it I guess, but everyone's time comes.

I'd have Conway at 3 and put Williamson at 4 when Rosco goes.

That’s a massive wicket right on tea. 30 ish overs to go, 6 wickets to get for India, run rate of 5 runs per over for NZ to win it (which I think is unlikely now). Willamson the key. Hasn’t really looked like getting out so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back