Prediction Next Coach Sacked

Who is the next coach to be sacked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Koch is a moron. He needs to go back to sunrise or sun up or whatever it’s called. How they backed in Hinkley with his record staggers me. One decent season, 2014. Unbelievably overrated coach and as arrogant as ****.
Are you forgetting what he inherited? 2013 was good too.

Exactly, common knowledge our players lost games to shove it up him. I’d say he lost the players. Not sure why Stinger is so hung up on the fact Adelaide made the GF a couple of seasons ago, mindsets change. Ask any Adelaide supporter, it’s blindingly obvious the players aren’t a fan of Pyke. He lost them after the camp fiasco. There’s some things you can’t come back from.
Spot on !!

unless the coach is completely ****ed, i don't think sacking them is the way to go anymore. All the teams that have held their nerve have won premierships, except Collingwood with Buckley, but they were 3 wacky contested marks and then a goal for the pocket away from winning a flag too

All things being equal Hinkley would have gone at the end of 2017, but the decision makers at Port Adelaide are totally incompetent and don't hold anyone accountable for anything.

All things being equal Hinkley would have gone at the end of 2017, but the decision makers at Port Adelaide are totally incompetent and don't hold anyone accountable for anything.

Considering the GC we're being managed by the AFL and he was contracted it could of got ugly and embarrassing for the AFL.... Play it smart and we probably can get a nice pay out to release him from his contract.

How the media are not putting pressure on Hinkley is amazing. Primus had 1 and a half s**t years with barely any resources, no credible coaches, or any good players and the media was on him nearly every week. Didn’t give him a chance.

Hinkley with all the resources he could ask for, multiple good assistances, quality list has underperformed every year bar 1 sole year. He has made the finals just 3 times. Is about to miss finals again this year which would make it 4 out of 5 times missed. Has proven time and time and again to be completely incompetent. But yet the media don’t even have the conversation whether he should keep his job.

Don Pyke is under the pump now
I was one of the few in this thread who voted for Pyke back last year. Right now he is odds on favourite to be the first to go. I reckon

Quite a few good Adelaide players are in the twighlight of their career. The club needs a new coach who has license to make the tough decisions, cutting town favourites like Eddie, Tex etc. If Pike remains he will cling on to these guys to try and eek out every last win.

I was one of the few who voted for Pyke. Right now he is odds on favourite to be the first to go.

Quite a few good Adelaide players in the twighlight of their career. The club needs a new coach who has license to make the tough decisions cutting town favourites like Eddie, Tex etc. If Pike remains he will cling on to this guys to try and eek out every last win.

Their premiership window is fast closing. Pyke rarely plays rookies and inject youth at the Crows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kenny has 3 years left, hopefully port are looking for a new CEO and Chairman because anyone who agreed to give Kenny that contract has to go
3yrs is it?
Same boat as Freo with Lyon.
Lyon shoulda gone 12mnths ago, Long term contract is saving him.

Brendon Bolton will probably be gone at some point this year. Losing to Gold Coast tomorrow (and they will) will fast track his "death by 1000 cuts".

Don Pyke is under pressure but wouldn't say he is in the realm of sackable just yet... a few bad losses in games earmarked as wins could push him into that zone though.

Longmire has no plan B and his list is ageing, probably done enough to get a shot at a rebuild I think, if he wants it. Might be time for a fresh face at Sydney though. Still if the club is paying Buddy 1.4mil a year surely there is a minimum expectation of finals?

Brad Scott deserves to be under more pressure. But same issues as Longmire.. No real plan B and ageing list. The club thought that it was in a better position list wise than it was in reality, evidenced by their recent recruiting strategy.

Questions need to be asked of Simon Goodwin at this point as well, if he cant get that list to finals he has to go... sitting 16th at round 4 with 421 points conceded is just simply not good enough, it is beyond bad for the talent at his disposal.

Richardson... ill reserve judgment for the moment, their internal club expectations are probably on par (if not exceeded) at the moment.

In conclusion, smart money is on Bolton. However, don't rule out Pyke, B. Scott, Longmire and Goodwin if things go from bad to worse.

I'm amazed Ross Lyon still has a gig in modern football. He's done. The 'which coach gets sacked next' watch is better than watching this mess of a game right now.

It's very even which coach goes first. Changes slightly each week which suggests there are a few who are on the edge right now. Going on fan responses, I'd say Pyke, Bolton, Lyon, Brad Scott, Longmire, Richardson, Worsfold and Hinkley are all in the gun. All it takes is a bad run of form and these guys could be in trouble. But will a club pull the trigger?

My money is still on Bolton. If they finish bottom 2 (which its looking possible) I'm not sure how they can justify keeping him. Richardson and Hinkley next in line if the ass falls out of their season. They've both been their long enough for little to no success. I think Essendon will turn things around and Longmire has enough credits in the bank to survive atm. It will be fascinating..

Back