Meltdown NFC East - Cantankerous Bastards Getting a Room ©

Remove this Banner Ad

15727198_1309221982486090_2994741180076235397_n.jpg

If Washington wins, they're in the playoffs unless GB/DET ends in a tie.

Speaking of which; Giants are locked into 5th spot no matter what happens; can't finish higher, can't fall lower.

With that in mind, they should probably rest Eli and Odell and Landon this week :)

Eli playing probably helps you :rainbow:

Looking forward to rebuilding next year?

I don't foresee a 2017 rebuild, but hey, if it happens then it happens.

But the Redskins just finished above .500 for the second year in a row. Not all doom and gloom.

I don't foresee a 2017 rebuild, but hey, if it happens then it happens.

But the Redskins just finished above .500 for the second year in a row. Not all doom and gloom.

You don't have a quarterback for next season.

In a sport where you either have a franchise quarterback and contend or you're searching for one thats a massive cause for concern.

Particularly on a team where the offence was carrying the D.

In a sport where you either have a franchise quarterback and contend or you're searching for one thats a massive cause for concern.

Particularly on a team where the offence was carrying the D.
Come on man?? You don't like that???
usatsi_8994812.jpg

Are you saying you think Kirk Cousins is going to leave Washington?

Or are you saying you don't think Kirk Cousins is good?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Skins would be stupid to not pay him unless they are thinking of trading for Romo! lol

You have to pay Kirk and look what has happened to other teams with QB issues this season and they have all stunk it up.

Plenty of teams in the market for a new QB next season with the Niners / Browns / Bills / Jets / Cards???? / Bears / Texans and Broncos just to name a few whether it be through the draft/FA or a trade the QB landscape could be vastly different next year for all those teams IMO.

The Redskins will offer Cousins a big long term deal.

Ball is in Cousins court as to whether or not he accepts it.

I agree; I don't think he will get tagged again.

The Redskins will offer Cousins a big long term deal.

Ball is in Cousins court as to whether or not he accepts it.

I agree; I don't think he will get tagged again.

Based on your previous comments, I'm not sure that what you consider a big long term deal is, in monetary terms, a big long term deal for a quarterback.

All indications are he won't take a team friendly contract.

Skins would be stupid to not pay him unless they are thinking of trading for Romo! lol

You have to pay Kirk and look what has happened to other teams with QB issues this season and they have all stunk it up.

Plenty of teams in the market for a new QB next season with the Niners / Browns / Bills / Jets / Cards???? / Bears / Texans and Broncos just to name a few whether it be through the draft/FA or a trade the QB landscape could be vastly different next year for all those teams IMO.

Its a market that the QB controls. You either have one, or you have nothing.

They should absolutely pay him.

He's better than the next best alternative. Min will keep Bradford around, so where are they going to get an equivalent QB? Do you go to the draft? This is a team with veteran talent. Do they want to go back to point one and hop on the quarterback carousel again hoping the skins strike it hot?

Based on your previous comments, I'm not sure that what you consider a big long term deal is, in monetary terms, a big long term deal for a quarterback.

All indications are he won't take a team friendly contract.

I'm talking a Russell Wilson style contract. 22~m per year. 50 to 60m total guaranteed.

22m per year was Cousin's demand that was deemed unreasonable wasnt it?

Not quite.

Knowing tag was an option, Redskins opened negotiations with 16 to 17m per year over 4 years. Cousins wanted closer to 19 to 20 and wouldn't budge. Tag was 19.5~, so Redskins tagged him.

Not quite.

Knowing tag was an option, Redskins opened negotiations with 16 to 17m per year over 4 years. Cousins wanted closer to 19 to 20 and wouldn't budge. Tag was 19.5~, so Redskins tagged him.

Cousins was, as I understood it, also negotating on the understanding of the tag. I.e. tag for two seasons was about 20, plus 24, therefore he was seeking 44 over 2 (22m avg). Could have been a bad report of course.

If your view is that your team is willing to pay more than Cousins was actually seeking, why would the deal not have been done?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back