NFL Div 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

c'mon mate silly comment. why is there pressure to win a flag? cos they recruiting a few guys? every club trying to win, not making up numbers. if your theory is correct then Nth have picked up 10 plus players and even the Bloods have got a heap on the track ATM

The comment i quoted compared him to Brent Harvey. The leading AFL games record holder. Talk about silly comments.

Back up your recruiting with results.

Obviously not the case. I know of 2 clubs that said thanks but no thanks. Very good player but very single minded to the point of lacking any empathy towards his surroundings.

Brutal if he's that bad then why were 2 of his former clubs trying to secure his signature...FACT. Maybe clubs only tell you their side of the story once they don't get their way. It is alarming that you
Purely have a vendetta against the bloke.

c'mon mate silly comment. why is there pressure to win a flag? cos they recruiting a few guys? every club trying to win, not making up numbers. if your theory is correct then Nth have picked up 10 plus players and even the Bloods have got a heap on the track ATM

Thomastown must be doing something right. I cant believe people are bagging him. 2 great years at Lower a very good year at Greenvale. No wonder they are doing cart wheels at the Bear Cave.

Thomastown must be doing something right. I cant believe people are bagging him. 2 great years at Lower a very good year at Greenvale. No wonder they are doing cart wheels at the Bear Cave.

I take my hat off to Thomastown, was only two years ago, they we're in division three. They haven't achieved much so far, but atleast there having a crack. The standard of division two goes up a notch every year. Good players coming to the league is only a positive.

Whether you guys like it or not, no one will come close to north Heidelberg by 7-8 goals...but word on the street is also that boomer will only play enough games to qualify for the finals. If that's the case , everyone has a chance till the finals..

Boomer massive in

Few young guys from mont added to that doesn't make north untouchable.

I beg to differ on the 7-8 but time will tell

I take my hat off to Thomastown, was only two years ago, they we're in division three. They haven't achieved much so far, but atleast there having a crack. The standard of division two goes up a notch every year. Good players coming to the league is only a positive.

I do admire a small club like Thomastown .2014 div 3 premiers, 2015 reserve premiers,2016 reserve premiers. I wish them all the best in 2017.

Very good year at GVale, you've got to be kidding???? - He struggled against the Standard of EDFL Premier. Over Paid, performed nowhere near expectations. Nothing against the bloke, I'm sure he'd even admit he was out of his depth.... So back to Div 2 to cash in and pick up kicks at will

I do admire a small club like Thomastown .2014 div 3 premiers, 2015 reserve premiers,2016 reserve premiers. I wish them all the best in 2017.

Is Thomastown still shopping ? Or have they closed the books and happy with were there list is at?

Is Thomastown still shopping ? Or have they closed the books and happy with were there list is at?
Have been sniffing around a few reserve/fringe ones players at eltham not sure if that'll boost them that much. Coming as a package of 3

Last edited:
Very good year at GVale, you've got to be kidding???? - He struggled against the Standard of EDFL Premier. Over Paid, performed nowhere near expectations. Nothing against the bloke, I'm sure he'd even admit he was out of his depth.... So back to Div 2 to cash in and pick up kicks at will
Very good year at GVale, you've got to be kidding???? - He struggled against the Standard of EDFL Premier. Over Paid, performed nowhere near expectations. Nothing against the bloke, I'm sure he'd even admit he was out of his depth.... So back to Div 2 to cash in and pick up kicks at will[/QU

He wins the 2015 Division 1 Northern League Best and Fairest but all sudden struggles at Greenvale. This POST MAKES ME LAUGH

Brutal if he's that bad then why were 2 of his former clubs trying to secure his signature...FACT. Maybe clubs only tell you their side of the story once they don't get their way. It is alarming that you
Purely have a vendetta against the bloke.
Good footballer who adds nothing to culture or development of younger players. Plays for himself, bags younger players and gives nothing of himself to the club as a whole. My opinion but it seems like one that is familiar with others.

Good footballer who adds nothing to culture or development of younger players. Plays for himself, bags younger players and gives nothing of himself to the club as a whole. My opinion but it seems like one that is familiar with others.

I didn't hear or see any of this when he was playing in your jumper for 3 years. I'm not sure what way he conducted himself at other clubs, but I can factually tell you at Lower Plenty he voluntarily took under 19's training on a couple of occasions (25+ witnesses for that) understanding well and truly that the development of the younger players was a priority of the club at the time. To say he "bags younger players" is far from the truth, quite the opposite actually. He was the first player to pull up your senior "good clubmen" players that, within the closer footy circles, are renowned for bagging their own, especially the young.

Although you are entitled to your opinion, creating false accusations is out of your character Brutal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't hear or see any of this when he was playing in your jumper for 3 years. I'm not sure what way he conducted himself at other clubs, but I can factually tell you at Lower Plenty he voluntarily took under 19's training on a couple of occasions (25+ witnesses for that) understanding well and truly that the development of the younger players was a priority of the club at the time. To say he "bags younger players" is far from the truth, quite the opposite actually. He was the first player to pull up your senior "good clubmen" players that, within the closer footy circles, are renowned for bagging their own, especially the young.

Although you are entitled to your opinion, creating false accusations is out of your character Brutal.[/. I don't believe I'm creating a false accusation if it is something I've been told by younger playing group. I am not the creator, just the messenger. 6-7 clubs in a dozen years either makes him a Good Samaritan or a mercenary dominated by self interest. Feel free to explain why so many clubs. His last club paid 4K to release him from a 'contract' and he didn't feel the need to repay them with more than one year. I simply find his lack of empathy and loyalty an ordinary trait. Each their own, good luck to Thommo but his history suggests he's a short term operator.

Last edited:
The bloods are flying from all reports, 3 boys signed from the country. Anyone know the names of the guys ???

Th

Throw in a year at coburg.

Still won't help thomastown play finals. He hasn't ran for ten weeks after surgery on his achillies and didn't commit to div 1 as he doesn't know how it will cope. Needs good players around him to give him the footy.
For someone who hasn't run for 10 weeks took part in a full intra club tonight and wasn't restricted

T
For someone who hasn't run for 10 weeks took part in a full intra club tonight and wasn't restricted

Happy with his enormous sign on in his words.

Considering he's going to Europe this year and still unable to tell thomo how many games he'll miss it might be a big spend for 10-12 games.but good on them none the less

T

Happy with his enormous sign on in his words.

Considering he's going to Europe this year and still unable to tell thomo how many games he'll miss it might be a big spend for 10-12 games.but good on them none the less

You love telling porkies don't you ?

None of your post's have any facts or relevance.

I have it on good authority that Vas is booked to go overseas after the season. As far as the financial's go, he wouldn't be at Thomastown for big coin. They simply wouldn't have it. There not a big spending club, never have been.

Time you drop the hatred towards the bloke. Are you hating on him because he didn't come to the club of your choice. For sure! Move on champion.

You love telling porkies don't you ?

None of your post's have any facts or relevance.

I have it on good authority that Vas is booked to go overseas after the season. As far as the financial's go, he wouldn't be at Thomastown for big coin. They simply wouldn't have it. There not a big spending club, never have been.

Time you drop the hatred towards the bloke. Are you hating on him because he didn't come to the club of your choice. For sure! Move on champion.

Well said Local Star. What I saw last night Thomastown sponsors and members should be very excited for 2017.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back