NFL Div 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

All you idiots will see. Vas will win the league bnf and club bnf. Watch and see. Too many dickheads on this forum.

Is Timmy Totevski at Thomastown? Source of mine told me he was spotted on the track last night? Massive get by Thomastown if true?

Why are we bothering to talk thomo? Vas or no vas they won't get within 8 goals of North. Doggies were a 5-6 goal better side than everyone else over the last 12 weeks of the year and have added significantly. Speaking of which can any of these Mont kids they signed actually play

Why are we bothering to talk thomo? Vas or no vas they won't get within 8 goals of North. Doggies were a 5-6 goal better side than everyone else over the last 12 weeks of the year and have added significantly. Speaking of which can any of these Mont kids they signed actually play

Except in the one game that actually mattered...

Only one negative at north...The coach !
-No structure
-No game plan
-no idea
North will s**t it in. They have too.

hearing a few grumblings from north not everyone happy with the boom recruit he seems to be struggling to recognise its not an alf club and training standards are not as high also the fitness levels as well

hearing a few grumblings from north not everyone happy with the boom recruit he seems to be struggling to recognise its not an alf club and training standards are not as high also the fitness levels as well[/QUOTE
That's different to what I'm seeing & hearing, averaging 50-55 on the track & the training standards & cohesion between the coaching panel & playing group has been first rate. Had a scratch match Monday b4 Xmas & the standard was pretty high with plenty of the new recruits showing a bit. So what if we want to lift the training standards that might just get us over the line & give us the extra 5% edge & go one step further in 2017. Without getting cocky & getting ahead of ourselves club leaders have a firm eye on 2018 & if there are a few that want to cut corners & not improve they might be playing at 12.00pm instead 2.00pm. It is up to the player whether he wants to improve & get the benefits. Leave it at that.

hearing a few grumblings from north not everyone happy with the boom recruit he seems to be struggling to recognise its not an alf club and training standards are not as high also the fitness levels as well
I would think the only blokes with grumbling would be the players who were regulars last year but have had 6 or 7 recruits come in and go past them. Perhaps a few might jump off the boat come March and find a home with guaranteed senior action? Would be silly IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would think the only blokes with grumbling would be the players who were regulars last year but have had 6 or 7 recruits come in and go past them. Perhaps a few might jump off the boat come March and find a home with guaranteed senior action? Would be silly IMO
Regardless if you were pushed to the fringe, it would be a once in a lifetime opportunity to play with Harvey. Swallow your pride, suck it up and work harder than the last bloke getting a senior game.

Regardless if you were pushed to the fringe, it would be a once in a lifetime opportunity to play with Harvey. Swallow your pride, suck it up and work harder than the last bloke getting a senior game.
Absolutely on the money. Whether the Jo Blow average suburban footballer wants to do that today depends on the individual. Nevertheless from a club perspective a good position to be in.

I am not knocking whats going on but I have seen this before with blokes straight out of the AFL system who go into coaching roles it can take them a bit of time to adjust to the less intense pressure of a suburban club at training .One example i know of recent times was Adam McAfee at Greenvale he had VFL players coming back and saying that they trained harder at Greenvale than they did at VFL level and this put some off they did not have a happy or successful season .
I am all in favour of raising the standard but you have to remember theses blokes have full time jobs and not all of them are getting payed like seconds and under 19 players as a coach you have to find a happy medium

I am not knocking whats going on but I have seen this before with blokes straight out of the AFL system who go into coaching roles it can take them a bit of time to adjust to the less intense pressure of a suburban club at training .One example i know of recent times was Adam McAfee at Greenvale he had VFL players coming back and saying that they trained harder at Greenvale than they did at VFL level and this put some off they did not have a happy or successful season .
I am all in favour of raising the standard but you have to remember theses blokes have full time jobs and not all of them are getting payed like seconds and under 19 players as a coach you have to find a happy medium

Good post LLF, and totally agree. However I also think the gap between VFL and local footy football training needs to become closer as the game is getting faster and the skill level is rising. I guess the club volunteers, supporter, sponsor etc that raise the money, also want to see players commitmentment to training improving as well. I acknowledge that it's not AFL or VFL and players have jobs, but some stories players come up with is ridiculous. Be open and honest with the club at the start of the season and then give 100%. I like the idea of wearing club uniform apparel to games and getting to the ground early to support the seconds. Even when your injured this should be compulsory, or you incur fines..

Without getting cocky & getting ahead of ourselves club leaders have a firm eye on 2018 & if there are a few that want to cut corners & not improve they might be playing at 12.00pm instead 2.00pm. It is up to the player whether he wants to improve & get the benefits. Leave it at that.

You might like to keep a firm eye on 2017 too.....;)

Without getting cocky & getting ahead of ourselves club leaders have a firm eye on 2018 & if there are a few that want to cut corners & not improve they might be playing at 12.00pm instead 2.00pm. It is up to the player whether he wants to improve & get the benefits. Leave it at that.

You might like to keep a firm eye on 2017 too.....;)
You miss my point Underbelly the club is looking strategically, you have to think beyond 12 months. Sure the division you play in this case 1 or 2 determines to an extent what you can & can't do & the club is not getting ahead of itself.
Might be best you just focus on what's happening at Macleod hey.

You miss my point Underbelly the club is looking strategically, you have to think beyond 12 months. Sure the division you play in this case 1 or 2 determines to an extent what you can & can't do & the club is not getting ahead of itself.
Might be best you just focus on what's happening at Macleod hey.
I keep a keen eye on the doggies mate having quite a few friends there and I will be very interested to see how the season unfolds for them with the heavy tag of Premiership favourites......I will be taking your advice about my "focus" with a grain of salt.

I keep a keen eye on the doggies mate having quite a few friends there and I will be very interested to see how the season unfolds for them with the heavy tag of Premiership favourites......I will be taking your advice about my "focus" with a grain of salt.
Can't deny Underbelly the expectations outside of the club will be on us which will be interesting to see how we handle it. Committee aware we will be on show but certainly a new look off field & positive signs continuing on from 2016.

Can't deny Underbelly the expectations outside of the club will be on us which will be interesting to see how we handle it. Committee aware we will be on show but certainly a new look off field & positive signs continuing on from 2016.

Are you Raymond Brown by any chance ?

Can anyone actually confirm what Boomers commitment is to North? I was told he won't be appearing in any away fixtures and will indeed be playing one off games for $$$ with other clubs.

Can anyone actually confirm what Boomers commitment is to North? I was told he won't be appearing in any away fixtures and will indeed be playing one off games for $$$ with other clubs.
Not correct. Boomer hasn't missed a training session & is involved on the coaching panel as a playing assistant coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back