List Mgmt. NGA, Father son watch

Remove this Banner Ad

IF he's not gone by 23, he likely goes not long after that. It will not be a huge reach.

Are we going to get an elite type mid at 23? Probably not.

There are question marks over Keeler, I'd like him to be on our list when these questions are answered, for better or worse.

I don’t see Keeler as ever being a “serviceable” player - He’ll either be a star or won’t make it. Not a dominant ruck but has that Luke Jackson-ish ability to win ball in the midfield and is probably more of a natural forward than Jackson. I’d lean towards taking him and seeing if Burgess can turn him into a monster.

looks an absolute talent.

if his deficiency’s are his running and intensity then geez.. we have the best bloke in the business to improve his fitness and physicality..
The player still has to want to push themselves to be the best they can be, unfortunately there's a lot of talent people out there that just don't have the appetite to grow their work ethic

The player still has to want to push themselves to be the best they can be, unfortunately there's a lot of talent people out there that just don't have the appetite to grow their work ethic

If those questions didn’t exist, we wouldn’t be talking about potentially getting him at 23, he’d be going in the top 10. Do we back ourselves to be able to get the most out of a potentially elite talent at a cut-price?

If those questions didn’t exist, we wouldn’t be talking about potentially getting him at 23, he’d be going in the top 10. Do we back ourselves to be able to get the most out of a potentially elite talent at a cut-price?
Maybe these questions exist because the club told him to have a “relaxing” year this year and stay well under the draftee media radar..

The west australian clubs like to do this with their up and coming talent..

Obviously we aren’t even going to participate in this draft after the pick swap. We will only pick him up and upgrade Butts and Stauny
Maybe, maybe not, we have 2 2023 2nd round picks to play with if a player slips through we really rate...interesting to see if we make any more list changes before draft night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

maybe they think its possible he does slip[ out to 40 and we will have the picks to match if Max is not taken too early
My gut feel is we have very little if any interest, either because we don't rate him which I'm leaning towards or we think we've got no chance of him slipping past pick 40.

I don’t know about that..

looks an absolute talent.

if his deficiency’s are his running and intensity then geez.. we have the best bloke in the business to improve his fitness and physicality..

Is he a ruck or a forward or a forward/chop out ruckman?. I don’t know, but he’s still pretty damn young.

what I do reacon is.. he reminds me a bit of a young Buddy.. just the way he moves and his overhead marking.
So not a strength overhead

My gut feel is we have very little if any interest, either because we don't rate him which I'm leaning towards or we think we've got no chance of him slipping past pick 40.
Well whatever the case may be, we will get max and 1 rookie this draft but with our F1 and F2 + Norths likely low F2, we have a good 2023 draft hand in fingers crossed, a strong draft

😂😂 Have you ever actually watched the kid play in person? 198cm tall, moves like a midfielder, legit dual sided, can launch them from 60m, can sit on someone’s shoulders or kick freaky goals that big men shouldn’t be able to kick. He’s got sooo much more talent then MM and always has. Heavens forbid the crows actually target someone with raw X factor and go for an undersized lock down defender, this is why we are the most boring watch in the league.

The swap could just be strategic. No chance of a bid coming before 23 if you don’t own it, if a Keeler or a Barnett type are available after the bid could always trade back in, by using one of the F2s.
Yes I’ve seen Keeler more than a couple of times as a matter of fact.

What you’re describing is fun to watch and I’m in no doubt about the boys raw talent. But making the next step needs a whole lot more and I think that’s where he falls behind a bit.

I watched a U18 game 2021 season where Max stood Keeler and beat him on the day. Max might not do the pretty things but he’s intensely competitive and very effective. There’s a reason he was chosen as an AA U18.

Not at all saying Keeler won’t make it but I think Max is the more attractive proposition to a coach at this point in time.

Not sure he's worth it to be honest.
Probably not going to be an elite ruck.
Probably not going to be anything more than a serviceable key forward.
At absolute best could see his ceiling being like Justin Westhoff not a pure key forward

If he was Westhoff you’d take him at 23 but that’s absolute best case scenario

What you’re describing is fun to watch and I’m in no doubt about the boys raw talent. But making the next step needs a whole lot more and I think that’s where he falls behind a bit.

I watched a U18 game 2021 season where Max stood Keeler and beat him on the day. Max might not do the pretty things but he’s intensely competitive and very effective. There’s a reason he was chosen as an AA U18.

Not at all saying Keeler won’t make it but I think Max is the more attractive proposition to a coach at this point in time.
In an absolute drubbing Max was able to keep who I think should be no 1 pick Sheezel quiet .. just shut him completely down

Can see him playing on talls and smalls , Toby Greene , Gunston types mainly

Once he’s hit the gym of course

In time he will be able to intercept mark too but that might take a while

Also wouldn’t mind seeing him on the wing

I remember that game, was at the parade, Keeler spent probably 60% game time in the ruck and still kicked 2 in the short periods of time he stood him while resting forward, but MM definitely won a few of the duels.

I think unfortunately for keeler, he’s a key forward that has been forced to play ruck out of necessity, as norths next tallest players are around 192cm. Rather then this working in his favour for being “versatile” it has worked against him as it has stunted his development as a forward and has raised concerns around his tank, which was evident as he was expected to play very large stints on ball due to a lack of any other talls.

I was at thebby earlier this year for the only time Aaron Cadman and Isaac Keeler has shared an oval and Keeler outperformed him quite easily, more disposals, more impact, more scoring shots. Personally i think if Keeler was able to play permanent key forward the last few years in a better comp like the nab league he would be considered a top 10 lock. Having to ruck has killed his stocks more than anything.
Personally I would much rather take a punt on a player with ridiculous potential at 23, then a lock down defender that can be picked up in the 20s in most drafts. But it is what it is, hopefully they can develop max into a more defensive and competitive Will Day type.

I remember that game, was at the parade, Keeler spent probably 60% game time in the ruck and still kicked 2 in the short periods of time he stood him while resting forward, but MM definitely won a few of the duels.

I think unfortunately for keeler, he’s a key forward that has been forced to play ruck out of necessity, as norths next tallest players are around 192cm. Rather then this working in his favour for being “versatile” it has worked against him as it has stunted his development as a forward and has raised concerns around his tank, which was evident as he was expected to play very large stints on ball due to a lack of any other talls.

I was at thebby earlier this year for the only time Aaron Cadman and Isaac Keeler has shared an oval and Keeler outperformed him quite easily, more disposals, more impact, more scoring shots. Personally i think if Keeler was able to play permanent key forward the last few years in a better comp like the nab league he would be considered a top 10 lock. Having to ruck has killed his stocks more than anything.
Personally I would much rather take a punt on a player with ridiculous potential at 23, then a lock down defender that can be picked up in the 20s in most drafts. But it is what it is, hopefully they can develop max into a more defensive and competitive Will Day type.
Yep Will Day is a decent comparison , Max a little more defensive but similar traits

Not quite as good but similar

Remove this Banner Ad

Back