Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 83 23.1%
  • No

Votes: 277 76.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood, Geelong and Sydney
Funny how there's something that these three teams have in common that's not in common with St Kilda, Western Bulldogs, North Melbourne, GWS and Gold Coast

Let me look into my crystal ball...

Oops, it's not working.

In the same way I couldn't have told you at the end of 2021 that:
  • N. Daicos would perform as the best player in the competition in only his second year;
  • J. Daicos would evolve into an All-Australian wingman;
  • McStay would come to the club in 2023 and be crucial to our 2023 Qualifying Final and Preliminary Final victories;
  • Bobby Hill would come to the club in 2023 and kick 4 goals in a Norm Smith Medal winning Grand Final performance.

The list goes on.

See, good teams like Collingwood, Geelong and Sydney don't need to spend decades in the bottom four, accumulating high draft picks to build a side that contends for premierships.

Astute drafting, trading and strong development and culture, ensures you're never looking at the September actions from the sidelines for too long...
What would be even worse, was if the said team that had been languishing down the bottom, collecting overrated #1 draft picks, still hadn't achieved anything since the VS Commodore was released.

As annoying as Richmond supporters are, they have at least had some success in the last decade to warrant being chatty.

Some of these Carlton supporters think, just because they finally made the eight, they are a screaming success.

I know in this new age, that if you identify as a winner, than you are one but cups don't get given out for trying.

If you manage to make finals again, I will be sure to request you a participation ribbon.

They're trying to hide his limitations as a mid much as getting drive from half-back.
He doesn't have to many limitations and seeing as he is still just a kid, I am happy to forgive any that he may have because he will be something special.
Normally now is where I would have some smartarse comment about the lack of talent in your team but you are Melbourne and have Trac.
My lips are sealed, as he and Bont are my favs.

KIDGOATcos and his halfsteppCOS routine is going to be absolutely disappeared - sooner rather than later - where he will become just another good running transition player with (arguably) elite kicking skills. However he will have no one to feed him the ball and no one to kick it too - in a year or so...and in due course, when Collingwood ( inevitably) make teh mistake of paying 4 players worth of salary to keep him - the rest of his team mates will sit back and make sure he earns his own possessions ...it will be funny to watch..

all this is inevitable so talk of twinkle toes 'could' be GOAT is just a massive deflection on the part of the drunk with a flukey flag win OP.

KIDGOATcos and his halfsteppCOS routine is going to be absolutely disappeared - sooner rather than later - where he will become just another good running transition player with (arguably) elite kicking skills. However he will have no one to feed him the ball and no one to kick it too - in a year or so...and in due course, when Collingwood ( inevitably) make teh mistake of paying 4 players worth of salary to keep him - the rest of his team mates will sit back and make sure he earns his own possessions ...it will be funny to watch..

all this is inevitable so talk of twinkle toes 'could' be GOAT is just a massive deflection on the part of the drunk with a flukey flag win OP.
The only mistake is everything in your post. Obviously school is out for easter.

Firstly he is signed for another six years, so the over paying is not something we need to worry about for some time.
Secondly, after the exuberant amount of money Carlton have paid for has beens and never have beens from other clubs (and internal) overpaying players is something you would be wise not to mention.
Thirdly "Flukey Flag" !! Are you kidding me :D Any team would take a flag, no matter how it comes.

Fortunately, that is not something you, your players, or your club need to worry about.

As much as it pains me to repeat myself, I will forgive you lack of intellect on either age, upbringing, or just being a simpleton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The comparison with Cripps just seems odd to this neutral.

Naicos until he gets stronger is a mainly outside mid. He possesses a huge level of footy IQ imo.

Cripps is a terrif albeit slow inside mid.

Both are average to poor in defensive transition. Cripps has never had much interest in defensive pressure acts. Daicos is not a reliable tackler but expect he will get better.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fb7c14dd1-ef7e-4003-8f82-3a68c2720fab

The only mistake is everything in your post. Obviously school is out for easter.

Firstly he is signed for another six years, so the over paying is not something we need to worry about for some time.
Secondly, after the exuberant amount of money Carlton have paid for has beens and never have beens from other clubs (and internal) overpaying players is something you would be wise not to mention.
Thirdly "Flukey Flag" !! Are you kidding me :D Any team would take a flag, no matter how it comes.

Fortunately, that is not something you, your players, or your club need to worry about.

As much as it pains me to repeat myself, I will forgive you lack of intellect on either age, upbringing, or just being a simpleton.
Stay on topic - we are debating the likelihood of kidhalfsteppinggoat - not your one eyed hatred of the mighty blues -0 as Ive stated previously - will be fun watching the little fella try and carry Collingwood...or making it obvious ( which is more likely) that he cant and wont.

We don't do "rebuilds" and "premiership windows" at Collingwood

We try to win the flag EVERY YEAR and this is why we're comfortably the most successful club in history

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

How so Cobbers.

Carlton have been on 16 Premierships since 1995 & it took Collingwood 28yrs to equal Carlton & Essendon on 16.

No need to be so mean Aphrodite
I am assured that Daicos would have won the Brownlow last year if he didn’t get injured or tagged, and he’s still certain to win it this year despite poor form and not looking very likely.

So really if we’re talking moral or expected Brownlows he’s already won one more than Cripps

How so Cobbers.

Carlton have been on 16 Premierships since 1995 & it took Collingwood 28yrs to equal Carlton & Essendon on 16.
We're equal on flags but the Pies are miles ahead in every other category

More grand finals, more finals, more wins, less spoons, less terrible eras

Win another flag before us and you'll be back on top but til then it's COMFORTABLY Collingwood

We're equal on flags but the Pies are miles ahead in every other category

More grand finals, more finals, more wins, less spoons, less terrible eras

Win another flag before us and you'll be back on top but til then it's COMFORTABLY Collingwood

there are no other "categories" ...no one cares what colour scarf your mummy wore to the football 5 years ago.

there are no other "categories" ...no one cares what colour scarf your mummy wore to the football 5 years ago.
This is sport, so there are placings and categories

1st 2nd 3rd... (last )

Gold silver bronze

Qualified, made final etc etc

Everything is graded

And we're MILES in front

This is sport, so there are placings and categories

1st 2nd 3rd... (last )

Gold silver bronze

Qualified, made final etc etc

Everything is graded

And we're MILES in front

Whatefver floats your boat mate- personally, I couldn't care less about anything except the next game - everything else is just banter - I genuinely feel sorry for people who take games too seriously...:thumbsu:

Let’s get ready for squibble time!!!!

No
Other player in history will be watched so closely as Lil Nicola tonight .
I'm playing Dancing Queen in the background whilst keeping an eye for halfstep doing his get - give and get 50 times over - again.

Back