Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 83 23.1%
  • No

Votes: 277 76.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Nick Daicos = K Mart Brad Hardie.

Hardie won a Brownlow Medal in his first season in the competition after starting in the backline then ignoring his defensive duties thereafter. So the world's biggest squib is not even the first or best in this role, let alone the GOAT.
HERE'S the "world's biggest squib" images%20(64).jpg

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

KB would bight Daicos's nose off and spit it back in his face. Wasn't even a squib, let alone the world's biggest. Ever wondered why with all the king hitting going on in the 1970's nobody ever tried their luck with KB?
Probably because no one could get near him? Gutless little diving worm had eyes in the back of his head

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

When he lots of kicks from half back, he's criticised for not getting enough contested possessions. When he gets contested possessions, he's criticised for not getting enough metres gained. When he gets metres gained, he's criticised for not being stormy enough.
He’s good at what he does - at this stage of his career - can certainly collect possessions and link up from half back.

The reason why we’re all here is the notion he’s in any way headed towards, or in the vacinity of - being a great player, let alone a GOAT - it’s ridiculous at this point.

Nicks an accumulator, who at this stage doesn’t hurt teams or inspire his own.

I thought Degoey was amazing in the 1st half last night & others who showed the way with pressure & intensity - they inspired each other.

That’s what Nick misses - hardness at the ball despite himself, inspiring his team - it’s just not who he is.

A GOAT ( or anyone in the vacinity of one ) has this instinct.

Many young players without big bodies have this instinct from the get go - Wardlaw for NM an example, our very own Ollie Hollands. They have an instinct that’s just in them.

Early vision of Wardlaw is amazing - seeds of greatness abound.

Don’t get me wrong, I think Nick’s a nice player - just not one of the special few on a GOAT trajectory.

IMHO.

He’s good at what he does - at this stage of his career - can certainly collect possessions and link up from half back.

The reason why we’re all here is the notion he’s in any way headed towards, or in the vacinity of - being a great player, let alone a GOAT - it’s ridiculous at this point.

I thought Degoey was amazing in the 1st half last night & others who showed the way with pressure & intensity - they inspired each other.

That’s what Nick misses - hardness at the ball despite himself, inspiring his team - it’s just not who he is.

Many young players without big bodies have this instinct from the get go - Wardlaw for NM an example, our very own Ollie Hollands. They have an instinct that’s just in them.

Don’t get me wrong, I think Nick’s a nice player - just not one of the special few on a GOAT trajectory.

IMHO.

Silly call. Of course Daicos hurts teams. He cut multiple teams to shreds last year with his run and disposal.

He does what he does and is very good at it, particularly for a player so inexperienced.

He’s had a few average games while the team is playing s**t.

Stupid argument of extremes here. Both sides making dumb calls about how good / how bad he is.

IMHO.
Wardlaw yes
Jason Horne Francis is the one for me, he just needs to get some consistency

Silly call. Of course Daicos hurts teams. He cut multiple teams to shreds last year with his run and disposal.

He does what he does and is very good at it, particularly for a player so inexperienced.

He’s had a few average games while the team is playing s**t.

Stupid argument of extremes here. Both sides making dumb calls about how good / how bad he is.
Hardly an extreme or feeding into the dichotomy that you clearly are.

One side says he’s GOAT - the extreme opposite is far from what I’m saying.

He’s a nice player - could well be in votes for collecting 30 possessions last night.

He really had minimal influence on winning/turning the game though.

He a nice player at this stage & that is all.

Reminds me of a few * players who like to get ball & not put body on the line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every team needs them. Skilled outside magicians. He is a gun he also shits his pants regularly. Some of the most ardent Pies fans I know even agree on it. Will it ruin his legacy at the end of his career ? No. Will it be the GOAT ? Probably not.

IMHO.

Absolutely no ned to be humble in that opinion. :)

IMHO.
This is why last year every club had him as the first player from Collingwood they need to stop because he didn't hurt teams.
Stupid comment.

How many times did he get tagged last year?

Once. By a coach who put his ego to the side and modified the game plan based on the opposition. Which was a thing for the history of the game until maybe about 10 or 12 years ago.

Around the time we started putting microphones on coaches and sought their opinion on everything.

Once. By a coach who put his ego to the side and modified the game plan based on the opposition. Which was a thing for the history of the game until maybe about 10 or 12 years ago.

Around the time we started putting microphones on coaches and sought their opinion on everything.
Goes to show how many Collingwood games you watched if you believe the only game he was tagged in was the Hawthorn game....

Back