Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 102 26.0%
  • No

Votes: 290 74.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't care if he floats around packs like a seagull this is the bloke you want to give the keys to your midfield. Let him control the game.

Let the other shittrucks fight and scrap for the ball.

If he comes off the ground without a scratch it's a good thing. Pies need to keep his hands and feet insured.

I don't care if he floats around packs like a seagull this is the bloke you want to give the keys to your midfield. Let him control the game.

If he comes off the ground without a scratch it's a good thing. Pies need to keep his hands and feet insured.

As David King said the other week. The whole idea of footy is to turn the contested ball into uncontested ball.

That’s exactly what he does with his evasiveness and ball reading ability.

Why bash and crash when you don’t need to?

He is the epitome of a balanced mid.

Last edited:

He will have plenty of scratches tonight. 16 contested, 7 clearances and 7 tackles. He can win the ball inside and outside.

The game has never been easier for squibs like Nikki and girls dresses that dont like contact to play in.

Enter the next GOAT! 🤣🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
lcimg-216ef996-8148-4b3b-9c38-74ce3642c540.jpeg

Such a shame you're temp banned. Would've been an all time meltdown tonight.

Big bodied mids are handy but Daicos and Butters shred teams

Superior player to Butters who is going to be a champion in his own right.

The manner in which Daicos takes onus to impact a game when it's not going his teams way, it's eerily similar to past players in Ablett Jnr or Diesel Williams etc.
He went into the middle for that final 3 minutes and completely sparked them with his creativity and will to get the footy.

Not damaging enough to be the GOAT. More like one of the top players in his era type. Lacks strength, speed, and power compared to true line breakers and those that can break or stand up in tackles. Doesn't have excessive size to make up for his lack of explosion compared to other GOAT candidates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw the last 5 min only. Did you see Patrick Cripps push Daicos off the ball with ease in center bounce?

Not impressed.

Didn't watch the whole game as that's all I needed to confirm my doubts about Daicos

Reid - Can win a tough ball
Sheezel - Can win a tough ball
Ashcroft - Can win a tough ball

Daicos - Runs away from contact and has had to be moved back to half back at times this season due to continuous squibbing and a lack of tackling ability
Haha BUMP

Just hope people don't take him for granted just because he plays for Collingwood, has a famous last name and has threads like "Can he be the GOAT" written about him. Great player, seems a ripper kid as well everytime I've heard him speak.

The future is always uncertain so just enjoy these moments. Look at Ashcroft last year who was having an amazing rookie year than an ACL changes everything and suddenly the footy world moves on to the next hot thing (Harley Reid, Sheezal etc).

When Daicos kicked that goal tonight, I just thought, "Yeah that seems about right". The fact it was expected shows how good the kid is.

He ran away from contact straight onto a loose ball to ice the game.

Fair play to the squib, he was good all night.

Completely torching his opponent in Walsh in the process…

Seriously does it only count as a goal if he bursts through the contest.

This silly obsession with purely contested players is bizzare.

Walsh is severely overrated.
I think that's a big call, although it depends on who is rating him at what level. Blues fans probably overrate him sure but the kid is certainly talented.

Daicos & Walsh to me are very different players FWIW, I wouldn't even compare them.

Walsh had a strong first half and the stat line still looked very good at the end. But he was really ineffective during the whole last quarter in particular, and wasn't especially great the second half.
He didn’t impact the game after half time. Has had a great first 3 games but wasn’t able to change the course of this one.

Collingwood's extra number to the contest worked well.

Back