Nicky Winmar to take legal action against Newman, Scott and Sheahan

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh and they are not going to court to "find the truth" they are going to court because Newman is an arsehole who is controversial for his own need for attention.
Will they be using your Hitler argument to prove that Newman is an arsehole?? Now I thought you said you want a friendly discussion?

It's always civil enough before some campaigner wanders in throwing labels around and then feigns innocence when it blows up.

Don't think they're going anywhere.

According to the people involved via Twitter its currently in the hands of lawyers. And lawyers tend to enjoy going to court. It's kind of their job.

According to the people involved via Twitter its currently in the hands of lawyers. And lawyers tend to enjoy going to court. It's kind of their job.

They're not in the habit of wasting their time though, unless you're paying handsomely for it.

Well if twitter is involved it must be serious.

When its the person directly involved, Im assuming it would be. Unless someone is pretending to be the verified account of, I believe, the photographer, who is assisting Winmar.

They're not in the habit of wasting their time though, unless you're paying handsomely for it.

You dont know many lawyers, do you?

You're just another lefty with a chronic inability to address the topic.
I pointed out that your posts cast doubt on whether Nicky Winmar is telling the truth, and that you then misrepresented him as an attention-seeking alcoholic. Given that’s basically what Newman, Scott and Sheahan have done, I’d say I was pretty on topic.

Btw I think you’ve nailed it with the labels. If you’re comfortable with ‘racist’, I’m comfortable with ‘lefty’.

I mean, how could this be any possible evidence that Wayne Ludbey and Nicky Winmar are taking this to court?

That doesnt look like evidence at all to me. Right Brick Loosener? How deep does this conspiracy go?

Why are you asking me?
I couldn't give a flying * about twitter nor a rats campaigner about your detective work.
Which some how involves me for some reason you will keep to yourself.

Another poster #584 who wants to wonder In with freedom of speech and talk some BS here then get offended when they are called out on it. Freedom of speech does not equal freedom of conscience. (Pretty sure this was covered already)

If your going to say some BS here don't whine when youre called out on it. Actually that's the whole premise of this thread.

Newman and co spoke some BS on a podcast for views and now are being called out on it.

Last edited:
I pointed out that your posts cast doubt on whether Nicky Winmar is telling the truth
You don’t deserve this, you campaigner. But for the sake of transparency...

Have already remarked that after so many years, all concerned may actually believe they’re telling the truth. But what actually happened is obviously one or the other. And without having listened to the podcast, it appears Sheahan etc were speaking about their lasting impressions. What they thought had happened. How those impressions formed, you’d have to ask them. But it’s extremely doubtful that what any of them said is actionable.
you then misrepresented him as an attention-seeking alcoholic
No. I was light-heartedly suggesting a third explanation - that Winmar could’ve been mocking Collingwood by saying “I beat you with a gutful o‘ piss!”. But you lot don’t do humour, you miserable ******* German sonsabitches.
Given that’s basically what Newman, Scott and Sheahan have done
???
Btw I think you’ve nailed it with the labels. If you’re comfortable with ‘racist’, I’m comfortable with ‘lefty’.
Like I said, when some homeless campaigner wanders in off the street...

Last edited:
It's always civil enough before some campaigner wanders in throwing labels around and then feigns innocence when it blows up.
Why are you so unhappy with yourself?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it appears Sheahan etc were speaking about their lasting impressions. What they thought had happened.
Did they reference any of the evidence? The written and oral contemporaneous accounts? Or just make claims in the face of the evidence in order to denigrate something that made them feel uncomfortable?

It just goes to show how many in society think: The brown man is not allowed to speak out. He is not allowed to have an opinion. The white man has to have his interpretation held in higher regard at all times and to ever waver from that is "weak as piss".

Newman is a division entrepreneur, which is a polite way of saying "professional dickhead".

I'm fine, thanks. Happy to repeat whatever I post face-to-face. Can't say the same for you gutless wonders.
Why did you see that as a challenge that would require a face to face meeting?

Did they reference any of the evidence? The written and oral contemporaneous accounts? Or just make claims in the face of the evidence in order to denigrate something that made them feel uncomfortable?
They just said what their understanding has always been. You'd have to ask them how they formed their opinions.
It just goes to show how many in society think: The brown man is not allowed to speak out. He is not allowed to have an opinion. The white man has to have his interpretation held in higher regard at all times and to ever waver from that is "weak as piss".
He's allowed to speak out and correct the record. It's only a thing because of the warmongering with lawyers.
Newman is a division entrepreneur, which is a polite way of saying "professional dickhead".
Yeah I think this subject was broached as a result of his sacking from 9. Hence my reference to fishing.
Why did you see that as a challenge that would require a face to face meeting?
Nothing requires anything. Just having a go at people wandering in from outer space and making accusations they wouldn't make to your face. Particularly chronic offenders.

They just said what their understanding has always been. You'd have to ask them how they formed their opinions.
Do you think Newman has never read a newspaper?

1593568971752.png

So what has happened is these guys have been shown as utterly uninformed about a major football moment, and only one has the guts to say he was wrong.

When this simple fact is pointed out, Newman doubles down because he cannot handle a world in which he has been caught out speaking ill-informed s**t. He can't handle someone else pointing this out to his face and calls them "weak as piss".

In your personal opinion - given the facts at hand - is the idea that Winmar was pointing to his skin and declaring he was proud to be black correct or incorrect?

If it is correct, should these three people, and anyone else who made the same mistake, apologise or at least acknowledge their view of the issue has been proven incorrect?

If they do not acknowledge and/or apologise, should anyone consider that they have any credibility at all?

do you know how far back?

the thread is 24 pages long
Did a search for "defamation", in this thread.

Somewhere around here:

Do you think Newman has never read a newspaper?
Can you post the HS report from the same day? The Age is well known for certain leanings.
So what has happened is these guys have been shown as utterly uninformed about a major football moment, and only one has the guts to say he was wrong.
Sheahan never said he was wrong. He apologised. And not for anything he said. He apologised for offence taken, which he is not in control of.
In your personal opinion - given the facts at hand - is the idea that Winmar was pointing to his skin and declaring he was proud to be black correct or incorrect?
Truth be told I suspect it's a little more likely that the current version is the correct one. But having heard the other so many times, I can't un-hear it.
If they do not acknowledge and/or apologise, should anyone consider that they have any credibility at all?
If they've heard the other version from people of note, perhaps people close to the source, I'm sure they'd rather not throw them under the bus unless they have to.

This...
A decade on, the raw emotion of the incident has not faded, with people contacted by The Age this week making impassioned pleas to either set the record straight or add to what has already been recorded.
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/the-day-the-game-changed-20030419-gdvkf3.html
...suggests that a different version was rife a decade after it happened.

How sad to see the campaigners on BF back an absolute turd like Newman over an ornament to the history of the game.

Racist ******* trolls dressing their behaviour up as ‘freedom of speech’ and other weasel words to hide their real nature.
I agree that Sams comments were ******* stupid and archadic

But I don't agree that you can label people for promoting freedom of speech either

Can you post the HS report from the same day? The Age is well known for certain leanings.
So you won't accept the word of the person himself and the person who was on the spot and took the photo?

What would you say if the Herald-Sun reported that Winmar did declare he was proud to be black? My guess is "well they must have felt they had to back Winmar's version or be called racist". That's my belief based on your long history of posting on BigFooty.

Truth be told I suspect it's a little more likely that the current version is the correct one. But having heard the other so many times, I can't un-hear it.
So you think that it was more likely made up on the spot - to appear in an article written on the same day - and Winmar has dined out on it ever since, with the help of activists who took over the story. That's what you really believe on balance, given all the evidence? I'm just trying to get your actual belief straight here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back