Nicky Winmar to take legal action against Newman, Scott and Sheahan

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing requires anything. Just having a go at people wandering in from outer space and making accusations they wouldn't make to your face. Particularly chronic offenders.
If you spouted some of the stuff you go on with in my presence, I'd say the same things to your face as I've said here.

Happy?

Truth be told I suspect it's a little more likely that the current version is the correct one. But having heard the other so many times, I can't un-hear it.

If they've heard the other version from people of note, perhaps people close to the source, I'm sure they'd rather not throw them under the bus unless they have to.

This...

...suggests that a different version was rife a decade after it happened.
And you scratch your chin, look at the evidence, and pick the rumours and the Hun as the more likely source of truth.
This is why I run out of patience with people like you. The wilful misrepresentations and outright lies.
My bad: I assumed by "current version" that you meant the wrong version that Newman et al spruiked on the podcast.

Play on.

So you've got:

Winmar
Ludbey
People who were at the ground
Allan McAlister
The Age report

vs

Some conjecture, and the Hun.

And you scratch your chin, look at the evidence, and pick the rumours and the Hun as the more likely source of truth.

OK.
Why are you engaging with a troll? You know better than playing chess with pigeon.

Has anyone here changed there opinion of Nicky Winmar after hearing the opinions expressed in the podcast?
Not at all, but it did alter slightly in the weeks leading up to the unveiling of his statue when he bashed a taxi driver.
One of my all time favourite players and I wish he had of come to the Eagles, but the way that was hushed up so as not to take the gloss of the unveiling was a disgrace.

I've just listened to Sam's attempt at an "apology" (more likely attempt to avoid legal action) and jeez he is good at re-writing history.
The player's kneeling, the Floyd comments, the Winmar comments - he has managed to completely amend everything he has said in order to make it look like, that whilst he is sorry, people have completely misunderstood what he was talking about.
Does he not realise that once you hit upload, these things are there forever for people to go back and replay?
This idiot is still living in the 60's with Ted Whitten !!!

I've just listened to Sam's attempt at an "apology" (more likely attempt to avoid legal action) and jeez he is good at re-writing history.
The player's kneeling, the Floyd comments, the Winmar comments - he has managed to completely amend everything he has said in order to make it look like, that whilst he is sorry, people have completely misunderstood what he was talking about.
Does he not realise that once you hit upload, these things are there forever for people to go back and replay?
This idiot is still living in the 60's with Ted Whitten !!!
He is sort of right, that certain things are being taken out of context to the rest.

Well that's what he would like everyone to believe. Everything he says is framed in an insult sandwich, he will briefly say the nice endering thing then his ugly opinion sprouts, he yammers on about it for a while then briefly goes back to the nice endering thing.

Now he will go back a quote the prefix and suffix when ever his comments come back around. His problem is he doesn't realise most people see through the facade.

Although one thing most are saying is correct everyone has the right to opinons.

Last edited:
This character assassination (or so it seems) of Nicky Winmar in this thread really makes me sick.

Did you know he had a gay cousin who killed himself because he couldn't deal with his sexual orientation, and Nicky has a gay son, who he could not be more proud or supportive of .

But yeah, Nicky is a lying so and so who is looking to milk money from a a total cabbage brain who has had several decades of notorious racism, misogyny and bigotry (remember when he put Caroline Wilson's face on cardboard cutout of a swimsuit model ?

Defending Newman by saying what he said is not racist is okay (not that I agree with it) but these constant slurs and disparaging of 'Elvis' Winmar and his character really Piss me off (ditto with Adam Goodes)

You are the type of people I would never want to fight in the trenches alongside me. Cowards 👎👎👎👎

But yeah, Nicky is a lying so and so who is looking to milk money from a a total cabbage brain who has had several decades of notorious racism, misogyny and bigotry (remember when he put Caroline Wilson's face on cardboard cutout of a swimsuit model ?

The knots you lot tie yourselves in in order to be offended...
You are the type of people I would never want to fight in the trenches alongside me. Cowards 👎👎👎👎

You'd end up shooting your own soldiers because they called the enemy a bad word.

The Herald-Sun photographer said the same thing as Ludbey.

Sort of. He never claimed to have heard Winmar say anything, he just said years after the fact that he had the same interpretation as Ludbey and was overruled by the paper’s editors as to the context of how it would be reported.

Stewart Loewe supposedly subscribes to the other version, but then he and Winmar didn’t get along too well.

You can have whatever truth you want to have, but if you’re going to enforce it on others through legal sanction, it has to be watertight. Got nothing more to add unless it goes to court.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not at all, but it did alter slightly in the weeks leading up to the unveiling of his statue when he bashed a taxi driver.
One of my all time favourite players and I wish he had of come to the Eagles, but the way that was hushed up so as not to take the gloss of the unveiling was a disgrace.

Would be interesting if he claims his character was damaged. Opens him up to all sorts of questions.

I hadnt heard about this.

Punched a guy who fell to the ground, then kicked him when he was on the ground. Wow.

Would be interesting if he claims his character was damaged. Opens him up to all sorts of questions.

I hadnt heard about this.

Punched a guy who fell to the ground, then kicked him when he was on the ground. Wow.
Is it a thing in Victoria to be asked to pay the fare up front? I’ve never had it happen to me.

Facade? lol

Newman literally has zero filter. There is no facade. That's what gets him into trouble.
When you say filter and facade, I think you're talking a regard for other people. That's what stops most people spouting racist drivel and then whingeing about their right to say whatever they want. Having racist, sexist, homophobic thoughts and ideas is completely normal, these past prejudices and taunts that we all heard at school live on in our imaginations. There's really nothing admirable about Sam's inability to see how badly they hurt other people.

Is it a thing in Victoria to be asked to pay the fare up front? I’ve never had it happen to me.
Yeah, cabbies have been known to ask for money up front when it's late at night and they're dealing with drunks.

Pretty common

But when you view everything through a lens of racism, then it's easy to make ill-considered judgments about others and think they're being racist, even if they're not.

When you say filter and facade, I think you're talking a regard for other people. That's what stops most people spouting racist drivel and then whingeing about their right to say whatever they want. Having racist, sexist, homophobic thoughts and ideas is completely normal, these past prejudices and taunts that we all heard at school live on in our imaginations. There's really nothing admirable about Sam's inability to see how badly they hurt other people.
What exactly is this "racist drivel" or "homophobic thoughts" that you're talking about with Sam Newman?

I see plenty of people on here echoing this stuff about Newman, but I'm not really sure what they mean.
It's almost become an accepted fact when his knockers run him down, but what are we talking about exactly?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back