Nicky Winmar to take legal action against Newman, Scott and Sheahan

Remove this Banner Ad

LicoriceAllsorts Just looked up your posts after you did the laugh emoji on my post - what a piece of sh*t you are. Seems like you are the same sort of troll account that has been posting racist stuff on Neville Jetta and Eddie Betts, hopefully you get outed for your real name soon and you lose whatever job and family that you have.

48,118 posts - Mods must have details of this racist troll - don't protect him.
You’re being a tad precious

He has more money than anyone on Bigfooty and probably doesn't give a stuff about what keyboard warriors think!
That’s what it’s about bruh! You can’t feed your kids off of decency and humanity... !

We are suing people over opinions we disagree with now?

If this was how it was then BigFooty would be the source of thousands of lawsuits everyday.

Have we seriously become this sensitive?

The irony is he pointed to his skin in response to a "opinion" and to show that he had thick skin and that it didn't phase him... as he was proud (and should be) - and yet the same thing happens in a less directed way and he doesn't pull up his jumper - he pulls out his lawyer.

I am not sure that this is an overly wise thing for Nicky to do, as there are people around who will swear that Nicky himself has told a different version of events, even as recently as 3-4 months ago.

Correct. I have also heard the same from people who were playing that day.

It's a long held myth that it was pointing to colour of his skin. He was pointing at his heart. The photo was just a bit after.

It makes a great story and photo though. He should have just let it go. People ignore Newman and co anyway.

well we all know Newman is a flog of the lowest order, dunno about the other 2 and their involvement, but if we never see Newman on TV again it will be a good outcome.

It's a long held myth that it was pointing to colour of his skin. He was pointing at his heart. The photo was just a bit after.

It makes a great story and photo though. He should have just let it go. People ignore Newman and co anyway.
I'm not a Dr but I'm pretty sure skin covers all of your body, including the heart...

Any problems with that? Pretty natural reaction from most football followers, particularly Collingwood ones. Eddie does have a history. Don’t go too far out of your way to make more of it than was intended.
I just find it odd, my first thoughts would be why are people comming our and trying to misconstrue a significant moment in Football history and Australian racism history.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Newman is such a *******. He has a history of racism. I remember all the closest racists, misogynists, rednecks, John Howard supporter, justifying his actions saying that he was just playing a character on the footy show, that he was actually a good bloke. Turns out he was actually reining it in on the footy show and he is a seriously sh*t bloke.

Winmar was either pointing to his skin saying he is proud of his indigenous colour, or saying in spite of all the racist comments he has the guts to win. For Sam to get on radio and dog whistle to his racist base about this shows what a pathetic piece of sh*t he is.

Worse case - Nicky Winmar was out there saying he played with guts, and it has been interpreted as he is proud of his skin.

That was a turning point.

It put a line in the sand to say we will not accept racism in AFL anymore. Whether it was the original intention or not is not the point. Every player in the AFL knows that was when things changed, that's when the line was drawn. It inspired kids all around the country, it gave grown men the courage to speak up and not put up with the crap anymore. He inspired thousands, it changed history for the better.

Why is Sam Newman trying now to debate this? What purpose does it serve to question Winmar's motives?

There are two reasons for Newman to push this.

He is a Racist
He is irrelevant and wants attention

Either way, he is human garbage.

Just on the Howard thing, * off mate, i have known plenty of redneck, racist union card Labor voters over the years. Racism crosses all borders friend. Even you sanctimonious Labor/Greens supporters. Get off your soapbox and get real.
As for Newman, he is a racist piece of filth.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

I just find it odd, my first thoughts would be why are people comming our and trying to misconstrue a significant moment in Football history and Australian racism history.
My initial reaction about the story was in relation to the headline, and that it may be Eddie. I did not know what it was all about until I read the full story. I agree with your sentiments in relation to why on earth some people would cast doubt on Winmar’s and the photographers account of events.

I read somewhere years ago that Winmar lifted his jumper and pointed to his stomach to show the Collingwood ferals that he played with guts that day rather than pointing to his skin to say he was proud to be black, then when that photo of him got turned into a big racial incident he just decided to roll with it.

From the horses mouth while he was drunk at the Vic park hotel as well.
Please go on, tell me im racist. I have more Indigenous blood running through me than the matera's and almost as much as cable.

Maybe Newman will want to contact phil as a witness if this goes ahead.

There were 28,000 people at the ground that day. Not one spectator, not one club official from either side, not one umpire, not one player from either side have ever claimed to have heard what was said.
Only the photographer while staring though his camera from 30 meters away while the crowd was screaming.
Great photo though.

Nb the Collingwood crowd were feral and racist taunts were used. I’ll freely admit that.

Interesting how it's decided which is the myth.

I'd be inclined to think there would be people, then and now, happy to undermine it a bit. The truther mind set would easily spread.

LicoriceAllsorts Just looked up your posts after you did the laugh emoji on my post - what a piece of sh*t you are. Seems like you are the same sort of troll account that has been posting racist stuff on Neville Jetta and Eddie Betts, hopefully you get outed for your real name soon and you lose whatever job and family that you have.

48,118 posts - Mods must have details of this racist troll - don't protect him.
What a lol post. Please find something racist I've said on this site. Good luck going thru every post :tearsofjoy:

Tho you wishing for me to lose my job and family is easily in the top 5 worst posts I've seen on this site

No, I wasn’t there. Not sure I need to be either to accept as fact what occurred. Winmar and the photographer both were. The photographer has repeatedly stated for the past 27 years what Winmar said in his presence on a number of occasions immediately after the match. Winmar has never wavered in his account either. I’m happy to accept their version rather than that of Scott and Newman and Sheahan, who weren’t present when Winmar made his comments.

With your line of reasoning you probably doubt the holocaust occurred, because you weren’t there to witness it.
As multiple people have gone over in this thread, there are multiple stories going on here. Without having been there it's impossible to tell what happened, unlike the holocaust where there is actual evidence

Remove this Banner Ad

Back