Nightmarish violence at Dreamtime at the G

Remove this Banner Ad

I know people will hate it but I don't think a booze ban would stop me going.

I like a couple of beers (one with a pie) at the G but generally tap out 2.cos the beer sucks

Footy would still be footy without it.
Unless they wanna switch to a 3% stout. And if you wanna drink enough of that to be a dickhead, karma will catch you quickly :p

doesn't surprise me, the only times I've seen this type of behaviour is at games involving Richmond, Essendon or Collingwood. People were cooped up for 2 years and this is a huge marquee game so the bogan *******s of our society were out in full force. Hope the perps get punished appropriately, no slap on the wrist bullshit

Yes sure it is
e33a9eba7662ed5935b3dcfa2f6a320d

Still not over 2020?
What does the violence of Richmond supporters (the topic of the thread) have to do with Geelong supporters?

doesn't surprise me, the only times I've seen this type of behaviour is at games involving Richmond, Essendon or Collingwood. People were cooped up for 2 years and this is a huge marquee game so the bogan *******s of our society were out in full force. Hope the perps get punished appropriately, no slap on the wrist bullshit
lol

I've seen a Cats fan have a proper go at my sister in law for spilling a little beer on him when walking back to her seat. He quietened down when the viking helmet/tutu wearing buck of what I assume was an awesome party started mocking him
I've been called a c*** by an elderly dogs supporter when Lucas (I think) kicked a few against them one day
I've pulled a fair few of my Essendon brethren up for being aggressive and over the top
Some of the worst people ive sat next to have been Collingwood fans (also Essendon fans, but I avoid them most of the time)
And i'm highly recommended that if ever go to Adelaide Oval on one my trips to not wear EFC colours and take the vic plates off my car.

AFL is tribal. Add booze and dickheads and this happens
to say any club has a monopoly on it is ridiculous.

What does the violence of Richmond supporters (the topic of the thread) have to do with Geelong supporters?

Take the game off Richmond. Don’t deserve any marquee games.

Time and time again, it’s always Richmond supporters.

Brought it on yourself champ.

They were only serving mid strength beer at the game. The issue is people pre loading.
There was a lot of Essendon fans coming to the punt rd end and trying to cause fights with the cheersquad.
I dunno how -
A- you can stop drunk dh’s coming to the venue
B- people coming to the game looking for trouble.
a bit harsh to label essendon fans as violent drunks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take the game off Richmond. Don’t deserve any marquee games.

Time and time again, it’s always Richmond supporters.
2017 still hurtin’ huh?

I noticed on the train and the walk from Richmond station for the ANZAC eve game the number of people pre-gaming it pretty strongly was higher than I've ever seen before, and that's just those coming via train, not accounting for those in the pubs. That's not saying it's only Tigers, but it's the game I noticed more than others.

The cops might have to station a few people at Richmond station and unfortunately nab a few people getting off the train with empty six packs.

The price of beer and the quality of it at the MCG might only encourage people to get hammered before hand. Cut alcohol completely at the game and some people might be off their faces arriving. Plus it further encourages sneaking stuff in.

If they said beers were going to be $5 a pop and full strength at the game but you had to blow under 0.05 to get let in I wonder how the crowds would behave. You'd have to think you'd make it to half time at least in decent shape. Cut the service at 3/4 time too.

Weird interpretation of what happened by the reporter.

"the victim was floored by the blow, then tries to get to his feet before quickly losing his balance and collapsing to the ground"

He was hit by two other cowards as he tried to get up!

I don’t think an alcohol ban would do anything for this game. These moron types are going to be hammered before they get there and then probably smuggling in or on something other than alcohol anyway

As a game I often go to there always seems to be groups of younger men who don't obviously support either team causing trouble at or around the ground. There was a big brawl walking back from it a few years back and they were clearly two gangs of youths. Certainly agree for the ones I go to there seems to be issues at this game and often outside the ground. Not sure exactly why.

I was at the Dreamtime at Optus last year with my wife and daughters and there was no trouble at all that I saw, maybe its the fact that they sell mid strength only and only those in the members areas get to drink anything stronger, so many supporters in the outer pre load?

Maybe we could make the MCG Marijuana only, if our governments ever grow up and legalise weed, that should stop the violence?
Its the same in Melbourne- night games middy's only.

Never had this issue last year when Dreamtime was at Optus.

Think we should get it back.

Crowds at Optus Stadium have their own problems.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2019%2F01%2F25%2F21%2F36%2F190125-waca-stadium-racist-banner-1.jpg

Not sure if this is the message the AFL wants for a Dreamtime game.

Yeah, I go all the time. We don't play many Friday night or Saturday night games in Melbourne in case you hadn't noticed. Sure, there are bad apples in every group. But the Hawthorn fans are pretty tame compared to the large quota of ferals who make up the Big 4 "armies". So I think you're just clutching at false whataboutisms, rather than acknowledging what every Victorian policeman knows who works on duty at the MCG.
My son works Security at the G....says the Big 4 teams crowds are by far the worst.
He has been spat on, hit, abused etc by drunk fools
Security get s**t pay and conditions and are not trained to deal with steroid pumped up thugs full of drink

Remove this Banner Ad

Back