News NMFC & Tassie (the mass debate re our future there, the academy, attending advice)

Remove this Banner Ad

Your forgetting the 3rd Clown Cam Joyce his in charge of the development of young footballers down there.
God Help Tasmania

*here* for me.

But yeah not the 3rd clown. The 1st.

Joyce already annoying people and being a smaller place word gets around.

Ed McGuires business case for a Tasmanian AFL team. He thinks real hard and comes up with - the State Government gives it $20,000,000 a year and the Federal Government matches that and gives it $20,000,000 a year. $40,000,000 a year of Taxpayer's money for a football team. Marvellous thinking!

Ed McGuires business case for a Tasmanian AFL team. He thinks real hard and comes up with - the State Government gives it $20,000,000 a year and the Federal Government matches that and gives it $20,000,000 a year. $40,000,000 a year of Taxpayer's money for a football team. Marvellous thinking!
It probably is the same way he saved Collingwood

Even though he's chosen basketball at this stage, I'm hoping we're keeping in contact with young Lachie!

Playing up an age division I believe and caning it!

View attachment 1102150

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not playing up an age division, but he is a bottom age player, likely to be offered a college scholarship.
Ben Browns brother is in the team as well.
1618360101103.png

Not playing up an age division, but he is a bottom age player, likely to be offered a college scholarship.
Ben Browns brother is in the team as well.
View attachment 1102222
Oh cool, I was only basing the age grouping on what his uncle had told me over a beer and parmi last week. He's 15 and still eligible for U16's?

99.9% looking like he'll get a scholarship all things going well.

Cousins are also highly talented.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

You'd think that with the chest beating Gutweins has been doing about wanting AFL in Tasmania he will make sure that North get a travel exemption and require 14 days quarantine so the May 2nd game goes ahead in Hobart.

Pardon my intrusion.

Hoping the Tassie game still goes ahead (partly because I just booked flights and an AirBnB haha), as long as all of your players get tested after today's game and return a negative result, I really don't see the issue.

Looks like the game is in severe doubt.

This is interesting - if the Tasmanian government don't allow the game, I'm at a loss how they can still expect us to play four games in Tas. campaigners can GAGF.

“The Tasmanian state government are extremely strict and don’t normally provide exemptions, which is an issue for Round 7, North Melbourne due to play Melbourne down there. That game I expect will not go ahead in Tasmania, but North Melbourne still need to play four games in Tasmania this year under the contract that they have with the Tasmanian state government.

This is interesting - if the Tasmanian government don't allow the game, I'm at a loss how they can still expect us to play four games in Tas. campaigners can GAGF.

“The Tasmanian state government are extremely strict and don’t normally provide exemptions, which is an issue for Round 7, North Melbourne due to play Melbourne down there. That game I expect will not go ahead in Tasmania, but North Melbourne still need to play four games in Tasmania this year under the contract that they have with the Tasmanian state government.

Move round 22 down there.

Play the Melbourne team in Melbourne and the interstate team interstate.

Should be a pretty clear sign to start weening off Tasmania.

I know they're playing games at the moment with the AFL and politically - but saying stupid s**t like this is absolute crap form. We are not a chess piece for the Tasmanian Government. If they want that they can pay extra.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know they're playing games at the moment with the AFL and politically - but saying stupid sh*t like this is absolute crap form. We are not a chess piece for the Tasmanian Government. If they want that they can pay extra.

* them with a railroad spike.

My partner has paid for and organized an extra long weekend holiday down in Tassie that weekend that was centered around that game! Ughhhhhh

I mean, I'm sure we had a contract there to play 4 games last year as well. I'm sure there were plenty of contracts that either couldn't be fulfilled or needed to be altered due to covid. What an odd thing to say in the article.

Suspect their hands are tied as they can’t make an exception based on previous stance and not have egg on face.

Disappointing for Tassie based supporters and those booked to travel but for me it’s good as I’d rather see two Melbourne teams rather than a low crowd interstate mob.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

6,009 Turned up to the NMFC vs Melbourne clash. A record low crowd I believe according to the Mercury. :stern look

Was at the game.
I feel maybe some tassie nmfc members didn't turn up. (Maybe some fair weather supporters)
As the ricky ponting stand was a bit sparse.

I'd say 40% were Demons supporters as well.
Not great, our crowds have been a worry all year.
13k at Marvel recently as well.

Was at the game.
However i feel maybe some tassie nmfc members didn't turn up. (Maybe some fair weather supporters)
As the ricky ponting stand was a bit sparse.

I'd say 40% were Demons supporters as well.
Not great, our crowds have been a worry all year.
13k at Marvel recently as well.

I felt that the crowd was not too bad and was surprised by the low number. To me it seemed like there were plenty more there than the last Hobart game I attended, against GWS in mid 2009.

I felt that the crowd was not too bad and was surprised by the low number. To me it seemed like there were plenty more there than the last Hobart game I attended, against GWS in mid 2009.

Yeah i agree, first impression when i arrived was that it looked a decent crowd.
At least more than 6000

6,009 Turned up to the NMFC vs Melbourne clash. A record low crowd I believe according to the Mercury. :stern look
Its one of the fixtures id usually go to with family, but interstate travel just isnt on the cards at the moment.

The GWS and Gold Coast games there could be poor crowds.
They have very little support down here.

The Geelong game will get a good crowd though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back