Remove this Banner Ad

Sharpiesadog

Senior List
Sep 8, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Derby County
Eddie is a true gentleman and a fantastic ambassador for our sport. He's a joy to watch play footy but I must admit I have never seen him flatten anyone. ;)
I thought he may be playing against kids to flatten anyone.
[/QUO

An 'ornament' to the game.

Before we played Carlton last season my son(17 - bad name) and I were chatting about this would be probs the last time we saw Eddie play live, so should try to enjoy it.

10 minutes into the 2nd quarter and Eddie kicked his fourth goal, my son turned to me and said 'Jeez I wish Eddie would fu** off!'

doggie dog

All Australian
Sep 21, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
God i miss Cyril
Hawthorn, One of the best teams in the modern era, he was the most skillful and awe inspiring footy player on that team.
He could get an entire MCG on its feet in anticipation for what he was going to do next.
F#$ken loved watching Cyril.

doggie dog

All Australian
Sep 21, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Fair enough footscray1973. I was tempted to have a go about Toby Greene too but I thought that discretion was the best approach under the circumstances and just couldn't help seeing him as an ex-Dogs player. Plus Jason McCartney was in the vicinity and he is a very big bloke.:rooster: :winkv1:
You're a better man than me,😂 I would have had no problems saying your franchise licence should have gone to a real Tasmanian team.
I can't help myself.

dogwatch

Premium Platinum
Jun 17, 2009
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Haha. Yes, I was there too, up on level 3 with my own son who's never been much into footy but is now developing an interest.

We were just above the goals at the end where Eddie kicked that goal out of mid-air. Yes, it was a teeth-gnashing time as a 30-something veteran piled them on (in a Carlton jumper to make it worse) but we couldn't help but enjoy the wizardry and the joyous approach.

The night ended well for us anyway, so we got the best of both worlds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad