MFC Fans Only Non Dees AFL thread 2019 edition- Thank god its over. Tylenol NOW!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah footy is trash like is there another sport where the skills of the players are so pathetic and gone backwards to u10s skills and the commentry is even worse. Its seriously horrible to watch and i actual dont give a * if i miss any of the matches. Didnt even bother watching lastnight even though i was infront of a tv which 3 years ago would never have happened. i havent even bothered to book a trip to melbourne to watch a round nor am i.

Yeah footy is trash like is there another sport where the skills of the players are so pathetic and gone backwards to u10s skills and the commentry is even worse. Its seriously horrible to watch and i actual dont give a **** if i miss any of the matches. Didnt even bother watching lastnight even though i was infront of a tv which 3 years ago would never have happened. i havent even bothered to book a trip to melbourne to watch a round nor am i.

Have you tried watching rugby league? Its like the game was intended to be boring. Pass, run straight ahead, get tackled, flop on ground, get up, play ball, pass, run straight ahead, get tackled, flop on ground, get up, play ball, pass...

It's very amusing how Steve Hocking's rules to enable high scoring have led to the lowest scoring season in memory. Last night was 44-34 at 3QT.

They gotta remove numbers on the field. It was the right size for 36 semi professional footballers. Now there isn't enough room. I'd be taking it down to 16 a side to begin

Weren't we wanting more skilled players over more athletes taught to play football? Because if you have less players on the park, you're going to get more runners taught to play football.

Better rule change would be that for each AFL match there's 2 points awarded for winning the match, 1 point for winning the boat race at the local after the match and 1 point for winning Wii tennis after the boat race.

Weren't we wanting more skilled players over more athletes taught to play football? Because if you have less players on the park, you're going to get more runners taught to play football.

Better rule change would be that for each AFL match there's 2 points awarded for winning the match, 1 point for winning the boat race at the local after the match and 1 point for winning Wii tennis after the boat race.
I disagree, they are already athletes and not footballers. The less players means less pressure and less tackling which means more of an opportunity to showcase skills

I disagree, they are already athletes and not footballers. The less players means less pressure and less tackling which means more of an opportunity to showcase skills

Fair enough, I don't think it'd actually pan out that way or be more interesting. Rugby 7s is a novelty lite version of rugby. There is an opportunity to showcase skills, I'm sure, but all the players in rugby 7s are centres, wingers, full backs, etc. The game is all about pace. You reduce the number of players on the park and that's the step a game heads towards.

Fair enough, I don't think it'd actually pan out that way or be more interesting. Rugby 7s is a novelty lite version of rugby. There is an opportunity to showcase skills, I'm sure, but all the players in rugby 7s are centres, wingers, full backs, etc. The game is all about pace. You reduce the number of players on the park and that's the step a game heads towards.
Potentially, of course I'm guessing at the possible outcome as coaches might all of a sudden realise they can put on less pressure and flood deep. But I'd like to see a proper trial of 16 a side, I don't think it radically changes it but it surely opens a little space

Rugby 7s is more like AFLX though where there is too much space. I wouldn't go any less than 16 each side and realistically there probably isn't any way to rescue the attacking nature the game used to be played in save for removing percentage and only counting scores for or some radical s**t

I’d make it 15 a side. Remove the wings as well as one of the on ball positions.
Players have got fitter and faster now they are full time athletes so, while the dimensions of the ground haven’t changed, the space players can find has shrunk. It would also increase the standard as each side could pluck their three worst spuds.
If they don’t trial reduced players on the field in next years preseason they are incompetent.

I’d make it 15 a side. Remove the wings as well as one of the on ball positions.
Players have got fitter and faster now they are full time athletes so, while the dimensions of the ground haven’t changed, the space players can find has shrunk. It would also increase the standard as each side could pluck their three worst spuds.
If they don’t trial reduced players on the field in next years preseason they are incompetent.

Well I'd make it 14 a side, you horrible one-upperer. No ruckman, no on ball division, just the umpire bouncing the ball in the middle by himself.

Well I'd make it 14 a side, you horrible one-upperer. No ruckman, no on ball division, just the umpire bouncing the ball in the middle by himself.
Make it like the start of dodge ball with everyone from the Goalsquare to the centre of the ground

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the start of play and after each goal each team has to have all 18 players in its defensive goal square. The umpire then places the ball on the ground in the centre and blows the whistle. Game on bitches.

They could incentivize scoring by awarding bonus points whenever a team cracks 100 points. Four points a win, 2 points a draw, and 2 points if you crack 100 regardless of whether you win or lose.

They could incentivize scoring by awarding bonus points whenever a team cracks 100 points. Four points a win, 2 points a draw, and 2 points if you crack 100 regardless of whether you win or lose.
As much as I love it your whole season could depend on weather. For instance docklands with the roof closed is a huge advantage of rain at the G

Considering how much you love an umpire bitch imagine if we needed bonus points to make finals and then it started pissing rain before hand while the side we were vying for position with was under the roof at the dome.

As much as I love it your whole season could depend on weather. For instance docklands with the roof closed is a huge advantage of rain at the G

Considering how much you love an umpire bitch imagine if we needed bonus points to make finals and then it started pissing rain before hand while the side we were vying for position with was under the roof at the dome.
Yeah that’s true, playing more games at the dome, or even in WA or QLD would definitely be an advantage. Having said that, I reckon the juice would be worth the squeeze. It’s not a fair system now. We play a 23 round season with 18 clubs.

Yeah that’s true, playing more games at the dome, or even in WA or QLD would definitely be an advantage. Having said that, I reckon the juice would be worth the squeeze. It’s not a fair system now. We play a 23 round season with 18 clubs.
I would be fine with it just offering up the counter

And that's all they give a s**t about . Never mind about the game itself , or the integrity of the sport , lets rail against gambling while accepting their money through sponsorship. IDK if someone want's to bet on anything , its their issue . I just find this game so ******* compromised ATM it is now a consumer item rather than a sport .
I think the problem is the AFL are trying to be the rulers of things community instead of the community being the rulers of our morals and behaviours.

Big busisness love telling mere mortals how to suck eggs, and which eggs to suck on. And price those eggs specially high. Just for us.

Each cheer squad should be given two golden balls which they can introduce to the contest at their moment of choosing. Once used they are done. AFL needs a multi-ball bonus feature. Instead of having 36 guys within 50 metres of the ball you’d have 18 guys within 50 metres of the balls.

They gotta remove numbers on the field. It was the right size for 36 semi professional footballers. Now there isn't enough room. I'd be taking it down to 16 a side to begin

The size of the interchange bench is the problem, IMO. Have a two player interchange, with 2 emergencies for serious injuries which need hospitalisation.

I want the players to fatigue, creating open spaces, and runners charging the wings.
This wil cause players go back to playing their positions more. Instead of all over the ground, like 18 followers.

Can tell the AFLs plan is to make AFLX bigger then eventully take over AFL and turn it into more game more free agency more flashy itll be a tryhard NBA. People talking bout less players less interchange are basically pushing for AFLX without even ******* knowing it.

Can tell the AFLs plan is to make AFLX bigger then eventully take over AFL and turn it into more game more free agency more flashy itll be a tryhard NBA. People talking bout less players less interchange are basically pushing for AFLX without even ******* knowing it.
The game used to be played with 16.

The game used to be played with 16.
Yeah then whats next oh that didnt work lets change the rules again and again and again until it no longer resembles AFL. Just leave the ******* game alone ffs every year some ******* thinks theyve got new rules thatll help the game when all its doing is ******* our game up. Used to love watching footy even when we were s**t so thats got nothing to do with disliking it now. Lowering interchange will just create shitter disposal cause we already draft athletes first over pure footballers and players who already cant kick or handpass the ******* thing wont all of a sudden be able to kick it more fatigued. Lowering it to 16 will just mean players are even more fatigued from needing to get to the same contests going further away from drafting footballers. Sydney ******* Stack couldnt even get drafted ffs and he was touted as being the best footballer out of WA. But im sure others will think the opposite. Maybe instead of changing the ******* rules we look at how these kids are developed before even getting to the AFL instead of giving them a tank make sure the campaigners can kick or hit a ******* handpass. You wanna make the game better look at the cattle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back