Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s something quite not right about Weitering’s head knock last night. He went to take the ball and was clearly unsteady on his feet and did lie motionless for a short time before that. Yet he passed the concussion test and Ridley didn’t for a far more innocuous knock.

There’s something quite not right about Weitering’s head knock last night. He went to take the ball and was clearly unsteady on his feet and did lie motionless for a short time before that. Yet he passed the concussion test and Ridley didn’t for a far more innocuous knock.
Brain awareness.

That high call after the HTB. Never seen that before unless its a deliberate hit
I was surprised to see the free kick count heavily favour Melbourne.

Dees finally running away with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne have Ben Brown, Steven May, James Harmes and Sam Weideman to come back in over the next couple of weeks. Tom McDonald probably saved himself for a week or two after today.

I'd say Mitch Brown, Harrison Petty, Nathan Jones and Tom McDonald are the obvious swaps for them

No convinced with Weideman. Still developing. Ben Brown with his knees, not sure what they’ll get
No Fritsch today either. A forward group of BB, Weid, Jackson, Fritsch, Kosi and Melksham is full of quality.

I guess it depends witth Melbourne. They have had a fairly easy start to the year. Geelong would have been the only team I'd have thought potential top 4. Giants hawks saints and freo were probably in the 7-12 ish range. But they could go 9-1 into the Bulldogs game, even 10-0 if they play to current teams form

25, 31, 27, 25, 29 scoring shots over the last 5 weeks.

Pretty consistent and will win most games.
Doesn’t mean much. That’s less than Crows and only couple more goals than us. And we’ve probably had harder draw

Pretty sure we started 5-0 once or twice under Hird.

Beware Melbourne. If that list of players was at any other club it would probably have been competing with Richmond as the dynasty of this era.

Melbourne has as much chance as Richmond did of turning its fortunes around.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back