Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The use of the phrase “yeah, it’s pretty special” by AFL players should be banned for eternity!!
It’s just about the biggest cliche in the game right now.
Every little thing is “pretty special”
Do they do media training and get told to repeat it ad nauseum in interviews or what?
Give me Ginnivans individualism any day of the week over that 😩

Interesting little anecdote from Ross the boss there on FC. They were discussing the sam fisher issue and Ross spoke about how he forced all his players to Earn or Learn while on the list. A Fremantle player (still in the AFL system) wouldn’t do it and Ross told him he was going to drop him if he didn’t. They went to Melbourne and spoke to the players father and a few dyas later he had enrolled in a course of some sort.

I wonder who it was??
The player that came to mind was Sam Collins when I heard him say that.

Otherwise Ed Langdon or Hayden Crozier would be the other names as already mentioned.

Adam Cerra is from Vic but dare say RTB wouldn’t have gone that route with Cerra.

Gerard Healy has joined the all Australian panal apparantly. Which is good news cause he is one of the few people in vic media who knows our players. I hope you are all ready for All Australian Bailey Banfield.

Gerard Healy has joined the all Australian panal apparantly. Which is good news cause he is one of the few people in vic media who knows our players. I hope you are all ready for All Australian Bailey Banfield.
Healy has a genuine hard on for Bailey. It’s like my game of golf. One cracking good shot every 20 games I play and Healy ends up on each of my 20th game playing in the group behind me.

The player that came to mind was Sam Collins when I heard him say that.

Otherwise Ed Langdon or Hayden Crozier would be the other names as already mentioned.

Adam Cerra is from Vic but dare say RTB wouldn’t have gone that route with Cerra.

Collins was rarely given a game so threatening him with getting dropped doesn't add up. Same with Crozier,.

Interesting little anecdote from Ross the boss there on FC. They were discussing the sam fisher issue and Ross spoke about how he forced all his players to Earn or Learn while on the list. A Fremantle player (still in the AFL system) wouldn’t do it and Ross told him he was going to drop him if he didn’t. They went to Melbourne and spoke to the players father and a few dyas later he had enrolled in a course of some sort.

I wonder who it was??

Wouldn't know but I do know a lot of players didn't take Ross’s advice seriously. My mate used to tutor an intro to accounting class at Curtin. Hayden Crozier, Tom Sheridan & Cam Sutcliffe we're in it. Crozier rarely showed up and Sheridan only came to class to ask for extensions, using footy as an excuse (he was a funny bastard by all accounts) the only one that passed was Sutcliffe.

Wouldn't know but I do know a lot of players didn't take Ross’s advice seriously. My mate used to tutor an intro to accounting class at Curtin. Hayden Crozier, Tom Sheridan & Cam Sutcliffe we're in it. Crozier rarely showed up and Sheridan only came to class to ask for extensions, using footy as an excuse (he was a funny bastard by all accounts) the only one that passed was Sutcliffe.
I did Accountancy 100 with Mark Seaby

His opening gambit at the class introductions

Hi I'm Mark and Ive failed this unit 8 times, hopefully i pass it this time.

My mate also tutored a few AFL players at Curtin. He actually said they were amongst his best students though.

Tbf though the names he dropped were older fringe player types that probably knew they wouldn’t be AFL footballers for much longer.

Accountancy and Cam Sutcliffe's hairline is like a match made in heaven.

Catch Jordan Roughead's retirement speech on the AFL site - good stuff. He singles out Longmuir and Boyd as positive coaching influences.

Darcy, Meek and Brayshaw (maybe others) are doing commerce at Curtin now, think I heard Andy's on the VC list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has it always been two weeks for indigenous round?
Not always, but it organically grew when clubs who were playing away began wearing their home indigenous strip the week after anyway.

And if we look at it from a business point of view, every club gets to introduce two more short term products to sell.

I hate Trent Cotchin.

Anyone dreaming of Shai Bolton to Freo is doing just that - dreaming !!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back