Bumped Random Chat - I want BBQ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody in a coffee shop in Clarry's hometown of Mooroopna this morning wearing a suit, Melbourne tie and Melbourne lanyard and card around the neck. Which one of you lunatics was it?
Clarry's dad?

Somebody in a coffee shop in Clarry's hometown of Mooroopna this morning wearing a suit, Melbourne tie and Melbourne lanyard and card around the neck. Which one of you lunatics was it?
This bloke!
390514_58bd1e81ef228c0b3d00493e226cd01d.jpg

schmuttt darthsidusfan I agree it is a great cover as was Hendrix version of all alon the watchtower. There are quite a few more like gunners doing live and let die, fear factory doing cars, Cash doing hurt and heaps more.

I have a theory that the original must be the best as:
1. It was created as it was intended to be and as such cannot be improved on as it is the form of it art it was originally intended to be.
2. It was so good, other exceptional artists felt impelled to create their version of it due to the impact it had on them.

I have a ton of covers I like the sound of better than the original but you can't replace the original.

Not suggesting you disagree but the other thread got me thinking.

I'd love to know covers other posters like. Heaps from the 90's.
Eva Cassidy. Singing virtually anything. Fantastic voice and somehow makes everything sound as though it was written with her in mind. Her version of Sting 'Fields of Gold' somehow sounds like her version is what it should have been all along.

Best Pizza in Melbourne for me is still Il Postino in Balwyn. Place would have queues out the door if it wasn't in the burbs.
Never heard of them and live 5 minutes down the road.

Heading there now to pick up my order, can't wait to get my face into it.

Will report back.

Will report back.

Oh Jesus, I'll look like a real turkey if its rubbish.

That said, the thin style they do I've always found doesn't travel well.... as it gets cold too fast.

Will report back.
The verdict?

The verdict?
A bit fancy; no chips on the side menu is a significant fault, and being offered to upgrade your mozerella to buffalo mozerella for $6.50 is a bit cheeky.

Service magnificent- the young man who greeted me was wonderful and the pizzas were ready 10 minutes after ordering.

In terms of South East pizza, Firechief in Hawthorn East are pretty good and Double Zero on Burwood road are great as well.

Thanks for the recommendation Russian Demon, I will be back!

(Side note: I'm vegetarian, so I don't know what food is supposed to taste like).

A bit fancy; no chips on the side menu is a significant fault, and being offered to upgrade your mozerella to buffalo mozerella for $6.50 is a bit cheeky.

Service magnificent- the young man who greeted me was wonderful and the pizzas were ready 10 minutes after ordering.

In terms of South East pizza, Firechief in Hawthorn East are pretty good and Double Zero on Burwood road are great as well.

Thanks for the recommendation Russian Demon, I will be back!

(Side note: I'm vegetarian, so I don't know what food is supposed to taste like).

Hahaha all fair criticisms. I used to live near Burwood Rd and lived off Double Zero while I was a student. You're right, its a bit up slap, but of the up slap its probably the cheapest with the best ingredients for that style of pizza.

If you've got a dinner plans with someone special its very good for a sit down, wine list is great, service is excellent..... just don't let your lady throw googley eyes at the young italian gents who work at this place. The owner is awesome, old italian guy who takes service very loosely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For people still interested in how i'm going. I put in registration late for footy, but i've been just told it'll be able to go through and i can line up for the Ressies tomorrow

For people still interested in how i'm going. I put in registration late for footy, but i've been just told it'll be able to go through and i can line up for the Ressies tomorrow
Good stuff mate. Let us know how you go (I'm interested ) :):thumbsu:

I used to live near Burwood Rd and lived off Double Zero while I was a student. You're right, its a bit up slap, but of the up slap its probably the cheapest with the best ingredients for that style of pizza.
Hah, you and me both (I lived off Auburn Rd).

The 00 family are great, first time I walked past they'd been closed for half an hour, but saw me looking at the menu and ran to the door to offer me a pizza. Been a lifelong fan ever since.

Hahaha all fair criticisms. I used to live near Burwood Rd and lived off Double Zero while I was a student. You're right, its a bit up slap, but of the up slap its probably the cheapest with the best ingredients for that style of pizza.
That's my old hood in Hawthorn. But I think I that may have been pre-Double Zero days!

Alright finally got out there. Spent most of the game on the bench, got about 25mins on the ground playing deep in the forward pocket. We didn't have the same amount of inside 50's when i got on and only got to one marking contest. Game got called off because a poor guy got KO'd in the centre

Hot tip:

Go and watch Dunkirk.

Seriously.

Even if you know the history behind it (which I do) it's a two hour thrill ride that is absolutely masterful. Nolan's best yet.

Agree Dunkirk is an excellently made movie and a very intense cinema experience. That said, it didn't really leave me feeling any differently coming out of the theatre and nothing really stuck with me afterwards. I think it's the lack of development for the characters - they're just average soldiers in an incredibly difficult situation and not really given much room to grow for the audience. I suppose that's part of the story though, in that it's one of those massive events with thousands of little personal battles for survival going on within it.
Despite that little gripe, it's definitely worth seeing, and particularly at the movies. The best home setup in the world wouldn't do it justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back