North’s greatest players night. Boomer picked ahead of Blight...embarrassing and disgraceful

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder how many Coleman's Jack has to win to make your precious team.

What role does he play? Key Forward spots taken by Carey, McKernan and Richo.

No Jack.

He doesn’t fit into an off-the-top-of-my-head Richmond top 10...
Dyer
Bartlett
Bourke
Richo
Dusty
Wright
Stewart
Hart
Titus
Weightman

Lol, Harvey was certainly no better or worse than Weightman. They're a very evenly matched pair.

I'd personally have Raines before Flea.

Yep...98 games and 537 goals.

To every bomber fan he is the greatest EFC legend amongst a long list of champions...along with Reynolds, Hutchison T. Watson and Hird.

I rate Mark Mercuri and Leon Baker as one of the best bomber players I’ve ever seen but others wouldn’t put them in the top 10 EFC champions.

Blight was a star. A supremely talented footballer. I use to watch him as a kid during dons v north games and be transfixed.

Much the same watching KB during tiger games.

Harvey was a very hard working player and has skills galore. But north have got it wrong here.

All because he played 400 basically.

Carey at number 1 with Blight and the great Barry Cable following is the only choice.
Boomer is the only North player to win their best and fairest, the Syd Barker medal, 5 times.

Carey and Dench are next best having both won it 4 times respectively.

People are surprised that the bloke who has won the club BnF more than any other is rated by that club higher than a talented blokes who played the majority of their career elsewhere!?

Oh gee... off the top of my head I said Weightman when I should’ve said Maurice Rioli or Bill Morris or Kevin Sheedy or... just stuck with Weightman.

You wouldn't have been as funny had you.

Rioli was a very gifted footballer, but he played 118 games and kicked 80 goals and had maybe 2 or 3 good years for Richmond, it highlights how shocking a judge BF posters are in general and the goggle eyes are out in force. Harvey kicked 517 goals. Could Rioli have been better. Lots of players could have been better. Gary Ablett Snr could have been better than Carey, but he wasn't because he didn't get the runs on the board.

Lets be realistic, if Harvey was playing for any club supported by people bagging him on this forum, they would have a massively different opinion of him.

You wouldn't have been as funny had you.

Rioli was a very gifted footballer, but he played 118 games and kicked 80 goals and had maybe 2 or 3 good years for Richmond, it highlights how shocking a judge BF posters are in general and the goggle eyes are out in force. Harvey kicked 517 goals. Could Rioli have been better. Lots of players could have been better. Gary Ablett Snr could have been better than Carey, but he wasn't because he didn't get the runs on the board.

Lets be realistic, if Harvey was playing for any club supported by people bagging him on this forum, they would have a massively different opinion of him.
Well I went off the top of my head... sort of like the committee that chose Harvey as high as they did.

Can we do Richmond 1990-2010 vs Norf 2000-2019 instead? I wanna see Greg Tivendale lined up against Shaun Atley on a wing.
How dare you soil a North Melbourne thread by trying to compare your tryhard club to ours?
Over the period you state, North have finished higher in 23 of the 29 years. Check it for yourself.

Can this childish sh1tfight end! And that goes out to both sets of supporters. Tiger fans...respect that this thread is about celebrating another teams stars.

North fans...you seriously need to question the selectors on the top 10. Mentioned plenty of times that three of my all tine faves in Dench, Greig and Schimma have been recognised.

Boomer is the only North player to win their best and fairest, the Syd Barker medal, 5 times.

People are surprised that the bloke who has won the club BnF more than any other is rated by that club higher than a talented blokes who played the majority of their career elsewhere!?
Carey and Dench won 4 each in teams that were full of star players, Harvey 5 in much more ordinary times, good player but certainly doesn't compare to either of those two.

Lol Jack > McKernan

Jack's been more consistent but McKernan's sustained best footy across the mid to late 90s was at a level above not only Jack but pretty much anyone else in the league.

You're talking about a bloke who should have won the Rising Star and Brownlow but for stupid admin errors.

In 1996 McKernan was the best player in the game by some distance.

Can this childish sh1tfight end! And that goes out to both sets of supporters. Tiger fans...respect that this thread is about celebrating another teams stars.

North fans...you seriously need to question the selectors on the top 10. Mentioned plenty of times that three of my all tine faves in Dench, Greig and Schimma have been recognised.

It was clearly done with a very heavy "North domestic politics" bias.

Stevo over Cable is mind boggling. Stevo over Jimmy Krakouer is mind boggling but the selectors would say those blokes played as good a footy for East Perth and Claremont.

On pure talent if you were just counting blokes who'd ever pulled on a North jumper we would have picked Russell Ebert.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

remained the #1 headache of opposition coaches against North for 15-20 years. What other player can say that?
Well Brent can't even say that.

21 seasons, 6 with Carey. So that wipes out anything above 15 and I'm sure in the other 15 at least 1 player was better than him for just 1 season.

Heavy mayo statements like this that don't stand up to the facts test are why people think North fans overrated Harvey.

Equal best. ;)

People remember Corey as a ruck. They forget he's nearly the last genuine ruck that could play forward with significant impact. Kicked 5+ multiple times, name another ruckman who's done that recently.

Well Brent can't even say that.

21 seasons, 6 with Carey. So that wipes out anything above 15 and I'm sure in the other 15 at least 1 player was better than him for just 1 season.

Heavy mayo statements like this that don't stand up to the facts test are why people think North fans overrated Harvey.

Won his first AA in 2000, and pretty much remained #1 until he retired. 16 years, my apologies. I hope you can forgive me for such a ghastly mistake.

Like Graham Cornes, he is recognised as a great footballer, but he played 317 games for Glenelg, 5 for North Melbourne and 47 for South Adelaide. Should he have been picked in North's greatest players despite him playing the vast majority of his football elsewhere?

Boomer is rightfully in there. In a weird way, him being the VFL/AFL games record holder detracts from his status as a player, because people write him off as just "playing for a long time". He was a top player in the competition in the late 2000s (whether people want to admit it or not) and remained the #1 headache of opposition coaches against North for 15-20 years. What other player can say that?

He finished second in the Brownlow, I forget which year. At his peak he was in the Top 10 players in the comp for about 3 years there. Was regularly getting it 30 times and kicking 3 odd goals. And for almost the rest of his career around that, he was a very good player.

He finished second in the Brownlow, I forget which year. At his peak he was in the Top 10 players in the comp for about 3 years there. Was regularly getting it 30 times and kicking 3 odd goals. And for almost the rest of his career around that, he was a very good player.

He finished equal 2nd in 2007, I think. The year Bartel won it. 2007-2008 was peak Boomer. He won a few player of the year awards from media outlets around that time. People forget that his peak was 12 years ago, because he played for a decade after it at still a high level.

Jack's been more consistent but McKernan's sustained best footy across the mid to late 90s was at a level above not only Jack but pretty much anyone else in the league.

You're talking about a bloke who should have won the Rising Star and Brownlow but for stupid admin errors.

Sheahan had Carey and McKernan 1 and 2 in his Top 50 leading into 1996.

But boy did he lose form a few years later. It boggles my mind the vast chasm between peak Corey and weak Corey.

Won his first AA in 2000, and pretty much remained #1 until he retired. 16 years, my apologies. I hope you can forgive me for such a ghastly mistake.
Coaches worried about him in 2000 and 2001 before Carey?

Turn it up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back