Strategy North Melbourne Coaching Changes 2020 & Beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

Had Browne ever written a sentence that is both grammatically correct AND makes sense? This one’s 0/2 😂

Honestly, he is the biggest example of nepotism in the country.

Feel sorry for genuine journalists.

? He would be coming as senior coach not assistant. Blakey is assistant

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
l was replying to this; Would love for the club to have talks with Justin Leppitsch instead of Voss. Ample success at Tigerland, players love him and definitely would of learnt his lessons. Would love Williams in an assistant capacity I don't think he is cut out for the footy world of 2020 in a senior coach capacity.

l was replying to this; Would love for the club to have talks with Justin Leppitsch instead of Voss. Ample success at Tigerland, players love him and definitely would of learnt his lessons. Would love Williams in an assistant capacity I don't think he is cut out for the footy world of 2020 in a senior coach capacity.

Ok cool no def couldn't see him leaving for an assistant role one we don't have avail anyway

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

l cant see Williams leaving a senior coaching job at Werribee for an assistant coaches job...

You can't see a guy leaving a senior coaching role at a VFL club to become an assistant coach at the highest level? Really?

He would probably get at least twice the money at AFL level in any role he would take on.

Imagine if we could rebuild our list and pay coaching staff based on all the handouts given to the Giants, Suns, Demons etc. Heaven forbid they set a precedent that allows a coach to be paid out outside of the salary cap if they experience a significant mental health issue as a result of the most unusual AFL season in history. No place for any compassion in the game.

Mate, the thing most troubling about this whole "10 year rebuild" malarkey is will I be around to see it bear fruit....we're not getting any younger you know!!

You could argue our rebuild started in 2016.
Simpkin -73 games
Larkey-29 games
Zurhaar-44 games

LDU- 30 games
TT- 26 games

Then this lot haven't had enough exposure, but the signs are promising .
Scott- 17 games
McKay- 15 games
Taylor-11 games
Mahony- 10 games
Hayden- 9 games
Perez-3 games

Then cross everything and back in the great white hope Comben . Will be one to watch during the pre-season. 199cm and 82 kg's . Let's hope he can stack on some weight.

And yes McKay was 2015 draft but is the only survivor, in my book it doesn't really scream rebuild.

And I've left off both EVW and W. Walker, I've not great hopes for either, would love to be wrong. I think Corr 195cm 97kg's is a much better option than 190cm 86kg's EVW.
Bonar- I not really sure?

So that gives us 12 youngsters & Corr (plus 2 top ten picks-You'd like to think with out recent drafting that we'll nail those picks.) that suit the modern game, whether smarts, pace and or flair.

The footy world may not realise it but our rebuild is well underway. probably a bottom four finish in 2021 and then we should see us start the march up the ladder with a squad filled with pace, skill and flair. And then that's where we become an attractive option for the wandering eye of FA's.
And bam, we're *en back !!

Simpkin -73 games
Larkey-29 games
Zurhaar-44 games

LDU- 30 games
TT- 26 games

Scott- 17 games
McKay- 15 games
Taylor-11 games
Mahony- 10 games
Hayden- 9 games
Perez-3 games

Then cross everything and back in the great white hope Comben . Will be one to watch during the pre-season. 199cm and 82 kg's . Let's hope he can stack on some weight.

And yes McKay was 2015 draft but is the only survivor, in my book it doesn't really scream rebuild.

And I've left off both EVW and W. Walker, I've not great hopes for either, would love to be wrong. I think Corr 195cm 97kg's is a much better option than 190cm 86kg's EVW.

So that gives us 12 youngsters & Corr (plus 2 top ten picks-You'd like to think with out recent drafting that we'll nail those picks.) that suit the modern game, whether smarts, pace and or flair.

The footy world may not realise it but our rebuild is well underway. probably a bottom four finish in 2021 and then we should see us start the march up the ladder with a squad filled with pace, skill and flair. And then that's where we become an attractive option for the wandering eye of FA's.
And bam, we're fu**en back !!

All of this. He is a project player but I think Xerri can develop into a genuine AFL level ruckman. I would still like to see us trade our way into four or five top thirty picks in this draft.

If Will Walker can get a run at things with his body then I am bullish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simpkin -73 games
Larkey-29 games
Zurhaar-44 games

LDU- 30 games
TT- 26 games

Scott- 17 games
McKay- 15 games
Taylor-11 games
Mahony- 10 games
Hayden- 9 games
Perez-3 games

Thank *. We're already half way through it then. I'm back in with a fighting chance, old boy.

This is what a bloke like Craig Jennings would see. Poor Gerard is so far up his own arse he's blinded by his tonsils. Is it actually possible for one to completely disappear up their own arse? The possibility may make AFL 360 worth watching.

Had Browne ever written a sentence that is both grammatically correct AND makes sense? This one’s 0/2 😂

He makes dyslexics look like Oscar Wilde.

Simpkin -73 games
Larkey-29 games
Zurhaar-44 games

LDU- 30 games
TT- 26 games

Scott- 17 games
McKay- 15 games
Taylor-11 games
Mahony- 10 games
Hayden- 9 games
Perez-3 games

Absolutely - I think we need to take a big sigh of relief collectively that we were unable to lure any of those "big fish". It is highly likely that we would have had to part with some of those picks. We have also been lucky with NGA (Thomas) & FS (Scott) through that period.

There is no question, that we could have added a couple more first/second rounders across the 2018/19 drafts which would have helped our position. However it's not end of the world.

Things would be a lot more dire if we had traded 2x First Rounders for JDG or other "Star" & if we didn't have Thomas as NGA/Scott selected GC or Geelong.

All of this. He is a project player but I think Xerri can develop into a genuine AFL level ruckman. I would still like to see us trade our way into four or five top thirty picks in this draft.

If Will Walker can get a run at things with his body then I am bullish.

Dang i missed Xerri who I like and he's an interesting one, is glacial but is as tough as $2.00 teak. Yeah that's an Arthurisim. And that's ok cause he'll start clunking his marks and provide great protection for the young guys.

Yeah Walker hope you're right, just if I'm being honest with my assessment , I just no longer see a future for him. Hey that's just my opinion. Dumont is another I reckon could lose his spot sooner than later.

Thank fu**. We're already half way through it then. I'm back in with a fighting chance, old boy.

This is what a bloke like Craig Jennings would see. Poor Gerard is so far up his own arse he's blinded by his tonsils. Is it actually possible for one to completely disappear up their own arse? The possibility may make AFL 360 worth watching.

Yeah I stopped watching those football satires years ago. And actually it's the bit of BF I dislike, that the 'skits' get posted on here and it makes you lot miserable.
Not sure why you peeps watch them? They stopped being good news stories about mid point of the year 2000.
Back in your own judgement I say.

Surely if Rhyce is unable to fulfil his coaching contract due to some form of breakdown then it would either be covered by Workers compensation (if it's due to work related stress) or income protection insurance. I don't see why the club would be on the hook for his salary.

It wouldn’t be. You are bang on.

You can't see a guy leaving a senior coaching role at a VFL club to become an assistant coach at the highest level? Really?

He would probably get at least twice the money at AFL level in any role he would take on.
Except he most likely wants to be a senior coach that why he took on the coaching role at Werribee. Sometimes money isn't everything...,

Dang i missed Xerri who I like and he's an interesting one, is glacial but is as tough as $2.00 teak. Yeah that's an Arthurisim. And that's ok cause he'll start clunking his marks and provide great protection for the young guys.

Yeah Walker hope you're right, just if I'm being honest with my assessment , I just no longer see a future for him. Hey that's just my opinion. Dumont is another I reckon could lose his spot sooner than later.

Yeah I stopped watching those football satires years ago. And actually it's the bit of BF I dislike, that the 'skits' get posted on here and it makes you lot miserable.
Not sure why you peeps watch them? They stopped being good news stories about mid point of the year 2000.
Back in your own judgement I say.
What's wrong with Walker? He's always looked good to me: runs his guts out, gets to good positions, is clever with ball in hand. He wracked up 15 touches in a half in his last game on a wing and had covered the most territory of anyone before doing his hammy.

Assuming we going to be appointing a new senior coach with Rhyce (hopefully) most likely resuming in an assistant role, this appointment is a lot more straightforward than post Scott.

We were torn between different worlds in the 2016-19 period.

Delist 5 senior players of leadership, structural or outright performance importance over 2 seasons (Boomer, NDS, Spud, Petrie, Gibson). Go to draft only with what God gave us.

Then pivot and chase free agents for 2 years.

Continue on that line and bring in 5 mature players (Polec, Pittard, Hall, Tyson, Campbell).

2019 season falls apart, Scott gone. But 5 rising star nominations. Sure they're arbitrary but at least they're indicators our kids have something to work with. Right then, so now we're rebuilding? Or at the least a team looking to build slowly from our youth?

Hold the press. Shaw immediately revives group, team wins several games in emphatic physical fashion.

We took apart the eventual premier, a finalist and destroyed a team fighting to get into the 8. Even came back from a fair margin back to embarrass Hawthorn after what would've usually meant a 100 pt loss.

Well well well. Let's reset expectations again. Sky's the limit. No need for a coaching search - we have our man. Let's go!

Then season 2020 happened...

This time around it should be different if it (coaching search) happens. A more thorough screening including a rigorous assessment of the candidates suitability to such a high stress position if they haven't been in such a role before.

But just as importantly - a clear unencumbered direction. Not half rebuild, half all-out assault on the current season at all expenses.

The new coach will come in with the chance to immediately reshape the list via draft and trade, set their own imprimatur on about a quarter of the list from the get go and thanks to the media downplay be able to work gradually from a very low level of expectation. Plus has a list manager, football manager and head of recruiting all a year into their roles at Arden Street.

It's a much clearer set of objectives and directives and contrary to media coverage, a more stable platform for the next coach.

Yep, I reckon a smart candidate would see the potential in the gig. You'd absolutely be asking questions as to Arch's influence though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back