Opinion North Melbourne Football Club - Re-branding; It's Time

Is a rebranding of our logo needed?

• YES - we are NMFC, not the "KANGAROOS"

Votes: 64 85.3%
  • NO - Pointless, stick with what we've got

Votes: 11 14.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The way I see it we need to become the club of Sex. Let's face facts. Sex Sells. If we were to have topless chicks waltzing about the isles selling the Record don't you tell me you wouldn't turn up to the footy. If we were to have topless chicks serving cold beer at the footy don't tell me you wouldn't turn up to the footy. If we were to have topless chicks selling memberships don't tell me you wouldn't buy a NMFC membership. If we were to include a 10% discount at Tender Touch as part of your membership whereby you can have Half Tonne Mom sit on your face don't tell me you wouldn't buy a membership. If we were to sell strap-on breasts painted in blue and white at the Roo Shop don't tell me you wouldn't shop at the Roo Shop. At least we have Ron Jeremy as head of the Roo Shop so that is a start. :stern look

preliminary pretenders

Totally off topic, but that's such a shitty attitude.

North made two prelims in a row, and a finals series this year. We may not have won the granny, but you should be proud and happy overall with the last three years.

Ask any Melbourne, Calrton, Richmond, etc supporter what they'd do for a couple of prelims in a row :eek:

The way I see it we need to become the club of Sex. Let's face facts. Sex Sells. If we were to have topless chicks waltzing about the isles selling the Record don't you tell me you wouldn't turn up to the footy. If we were to have topless chicks serving cold beer at the footy don't tell me you wouldn't turn up to the footy. If we were to have topless chicks selling memberships don't tell me you wouldn't buy a NMFC membership. If we were to include a 10% discount at Tender Touch as part of your membership whereby you can have Half Tonne Mom sit on your face don't tell me you wouldn't buy a membership. If we were to sell strap-on breasts painted in blue and white at the Roo Shop don't tell me you wouldn't shop at the Roo Shop. At least we have Ron Jeremy as head of the Roo Shop so that is a start. :stern look

Jeebus, Id buy 5 memberships

North made two prelims in a row, and a finals series this year. We may not have won the granny, but you should be proud and happy overall with the last three years.

Ask any Melbourne, Calrton, Richmond, etc supporter what they'd do for a couple of prelims in a row :eek:

Agree with you. Yeah, we wanted to go further with this group, yeah it sucks we couldn't. Doesn't mean we have to demean the very real effort and achievement that went in to were we got to. Doesn't mean we're happy with not winning, but if you're only proud of your team when they're winning the premiership you're going to spend a lot of your life being unhappy.

Yea over achievement IMO, which makes it a mean feat. But we were never rated and rightly so to get beyond a preliminary final. although most of us bought into BS's spin and hope.
2007 was our last preliminary final, a mean feat also, but got blown away.

I was more surprised than disappointed at 14/15. And definitely not shocked about this year, which for me was the most underwhelming feeling ever coming into a finals series.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

As someone who is constantly buying pretty much every NMFC guernsey, the Canterbury ones have been the best fitting and most comfortable we have had. Originally I disliked the orange although my kids loved it but it grew on me and I ended up getting a polo. Also, to go against popular opinion, I like our current logo but still wouldn't be against a revamp.

Then we'd attract collingwood supporters. I like my club classy. No pokies, no dickhead policy.
We wouldn't get good friday football either.

As someone who is constantly buying pretty much every NMFC guernsey, the Canterbury ones have been the best fitting and most comfortable we have had. Originally I disliked the orange although my kids loved it but it grew on me and I ended up getting a polo. Also, to go against popular opinion, I like our current logo but still wouldn't be against a revamp.
Agreed about the quality. I think they run a tad long (6 foot tall) but a medium is a bit too long. Otherwise the collars are great, wash well, and very comfortable when going for a long run. I've found others aren't as breathable or comfortable (blades and Russell athletic)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A rebrand is long overdue. The current logo is shite. gatsbys shield logo is excellent, if it could somehow incorporate the old kangas 80s shield it'd be a lock. We should embrace the kangaroo, just reverse the prominence of it in favour of NMFC.

Agreed about the quality. I think they run a tad long (6 foot tall) but a medium is a bit too long. Otherwise the collars are great, wash well, and very comfortable when going for a long run. I've found others aren't as breathable or comfortable (blades and Russell athletic)
Being 6'5" running long suits me

Back