List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Scott Selwood moves to Geelong as free agent

Remove this Banner Ad

I just want them to ask him 'are you happy getting paid half Joel's wage and for the coach to ask you to get hit to block his tagger all time?' :D

I think it's a lot worse than that @Pure_ Ownage
Rumour has it he's been recruited as a body parts donor for Joel , when the skipper wears something out we get the surgeon in...................

The last time we missed the finals, we picked up a Selwood and won the Premiership the next year as well;)
With you saying that & from remembering winty 's post from a few weeks ago I now reckon we could do it. 2 coincidences?

2004 - we lost in the prelim.
2005 - we lost by less than a kick in the semi final.
2006 - we missed the finals.
2007 - we won the premiership.

2013 - we lost in the prelim.
2014 - we lost by less than a kick in the semi final.
2015 - we missed the finals.
2016 - will history repeat? ;)

From AFL trade page:

Scott Selwood is doing the media rounds this afternoon before he heads in for more surgery on his sore ankle tomorrow.

In his first press conference at the Cattery, the 25-year-old said he'll hopefully be fit for pre-season training early in 2016.

Selwood says he felt like a change to freshen-up his footy and is looking forward to playing alongside all his new teammates, not just skipper and elder brother Joel.

"I'm pretty pumped to be here," Selwood said. "I had butterflies driving in ... I feel like a kid at Christmas."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andy Maher Verified account ‏@MGMaherSEN
Scott Selwood averages 16 games a season. Across 8 years. Unselected in this year's best 22. Take your second round pick and move on Nizzy

I dunno how to post tweets, Sorry.

Wow really, never knew that. Would some clubs have an issue with that regarding IP or trade secrets? I guess players are told things on a mostly need to know basis. Hmm ...

I just find it intriguing that no-one's tried to stop the flow of information with non-disclosure agreements when the players leave. God law school has really got to me haha.
Yeah it's rubbish.

They can ask all they want, but how much does the player know, and how well can they convey it?

Getting the kid who works the pumps at shell to share info to United means little.
Get someone like SJ though.......

Andy Maher Verified account ‏@MGMaherSEN
Scott Selwood averages 16 games a season. Across 8 years. Unselected in this year's best 22. Take your second round pick and move on Nizzy

I dunno how to post tweets, Sorry.

Kind of misleading stat without expanding on it.

Averages 16 games across his eight years at the club. He played 9 and 14 games in his first two seasons, which I'm guessing is just because he was a kid and hadn't broken into the side permanently yet. From 2010-2013, he played 20, 25, 24, and 18-game seasons. Then injury struck the past couple of years, so he played 12 games in 2014 and 13 games this year. To insinuate that he's been persistently injury-prone across his whole career is wrong, but there are obviously concerns regarding the past two years.

Kind of misleading stat without expanding on it.

Averages 16 games across his eight years at the club. He played 9 and 14 games in his first two seasons, which I'm guessing is just because he was a kid and hadn't broken into the side permanently yet. From 2010-2013, he played 20, 25, 24, and 18-game seasons. Then injury struck the past couple of years, so he played 12 games in 2014 and 13 games this year. To insinuate that he's been persistently injury-prone across his whole career is wrong, but there are obviously concerns regarding the past two years.

hence the difference in picking up players like Clark, Delaney, McIntosh and Smith who were consistently struggling to get through a season to begin with.

Selwood at least has the runs on the board, just hope he does not become another Daisy Thomas is all. At 25 years of age, he's got youth on his side but if he struggles to play 25 games over the next couple of seasons, stick a fork in him.

Scott looks good in the hoops. Hope surgery can get his ankle right. I remember how good he was in 2012 but injuries have prevented him from recapturing that form.

I remember west coast fans in 2012 saying things like "Scott is now way better than Joel". His 2012 was very good but like you said injuries have prevented him from getting better. Hopefully his ankle isn't that bad.

:) Different brother and Joel managed to get that downgraded to a smack on the wrist, but yes, that's true- it will remove that from the equation, won't it? :D
What's happened to Adam + when does he get to Geelong? ;)

If it was politics, you know it'd be branded as nepotism :rolleyes: But I just love our Selwood Brand of Brothers! Imagine how thrilled their Mum is that three of her boys are at Geelong? :hearts:

In recent years I've got the feeling some have been on first name terms with their surgeons :oops:
My knee surgeon bought my house in Sydney :eek: Said he'd do Medicare rebate payments in future lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back